Crochet Pattern Writers Workbook, How to Write Crochet Patterns PDF Download, Workbook for Crocheters, Guide to Pattern Writing
Digital file type(s): 1 PDF
whether you're a practiced pattern maker looking for help in the planning process or new to pattern writing altogether and wondering where to start, this workbook is here to help you stay on track and create successful patterns people will love following! I believe successful pattern makers are thorough, thoughtful and process-oriented when it comes to designing, writing, testing and creating their patterns. This means that the people who purchase these patterns aren't left with more questions than answers.
Instead, these pattern makers position themselves as reliable experts so that their customers come back again and again for clear, thoughtful, understandable patterns that are enjoyable to read and follow. By having a plan and a solid foundation, you can set yourself up for success with any pattern you decide to create!
This 35+ page workbook covers the following:
- Getting started & initial research
- Pre-planning, sketches and notes
- How to begin the design process
- How to structure your pattern (with a blueprint)
- How to plan out your pattern process and set achievable goals
- Writing up your first draft
- How to take better photos for your pattern
- How to add additional sizes (a few ways to do this)
- Extra things to include in the final draft (bio, policies, etc)
- How to find Testers
- How to track tester's progress (including a detailed checklist on what to include in your call for testers)
- How much to charge, where to release/publish your pattern
- Do you need a Tech Editor (info on Tech Editors, what they do and whether or not you need one)
- Ideas for marketing your pattern!
- Extra pages for more notes!
I am SO EXCITED about this workbook and I hope it helps give you the confidence to dive into pattern making headfirst! It can be a great additional source of "easy" income if you are willing to put in the initial work to write good, solid, clear patterns and this workbook is here to help you do just that!
ACCESSING YOUR DIGITAL FILES:
• You cannot download a digital purchase through the Etsy App at this time.
• To download your digital file/s you must access Etsy.com via your mobile browser or a non-mobile computer.
• After purchase you’ll see a View Your Files link which goes to the Downloads page where you will be able to download all the files associated with your order.
• You may also access your digital file/s at any time in your order history. go to Your Account > Purchases and Reviews and look for the order. with the download link.
• If you checked out as a guest, you'll find a link to download your purchase in the receipt email that was sent by Etsy to you after purchase.
• For more help with accessing your digital downloads please visit:
• NO RETURNS or REFUNDS will be issued on Instant Downloads.
• All digital templates are designed to be used with a standard at-home-printer.
• Colors might appear different on screen than in print.
• These are NOT design templates, clip-art, or design resources.
• Design & content of printable assets or its parts, may not be replicated, altered, shared or resold.
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
Instant download items don’t accept returns, exchanges or cancellations. Please contact the seller about any problems with your order.
2,962 reviews5 out of 5 stars
I am still working through writing my first pattern but reading through this workbook opened my eyes to things I didn’t know about pattern writing. I am so glad to be working through this workbook as I write my first pattern.
absolutely amazing. well put together. I have already learned a lot! :)
This book is fabulous! The instructions and information are clear and the graphics/the way it is put together is beautiful.
As one who is just starting to design, I'm so excited to be able to have this resource! Thank you, Evelyn!!
Photos from reviews