Whoa! You can't favorite your own shop.

Whoa! You can't buy your own item.

Whoa! You can't favorite your own item.

Whoa! You can't add your own item to a list.

Add this item to a treasury!

Close
You don't have any treasuries yet. Enter a title below to create one.
Close

This item has been added.

View your treasury.

Like this item?

Add it to your favorites to revisit it later.
The Savory Wild Mushroom
By Margaret McKenny
(Revised and enlarged by Daniel E. Stuntz)
Copyright 1962, 1971 by the University of Washington Press

From the Preface:
"McKenny's long and active life was marked with a genuine love of nature and all of its creatures....Mushrooms were one of her special interests, and she introduced many a person to the fascinating hobby of mushroom study....The region covered by this handbook is primarily that known as the Pacific Northwest, comprising northern Oregon, Washington, northern Idaho, and southern British Columbia. About 11 percent of the species included occur only in this region, or only rarely outside of it. The remaining 89 percent one could expect to find in many other areas ...of North America."

DETAILS:
+soft cover, measures 5" x 8"
+242 pages with lots of b&w plates and 16 extra pages of color plates at the end of the book
+found with an article dated Friday, May 11, 1973 from The Seattle Times with the headline: "Mushrooms Can Kill in Several Ways" - love it!
+condition is good, pretty clean and unmarked inside, but cover shows a fair amount of wear

...

Thanks for stopping by the Trap!

vintage 1970s book // The Savory WILD MUSHROOM


Overview

  • Vintage item from the 1960s
  • Material: paper
  • Ships worldwide from United States
  • Feedback: 1205 reviews
  • Favorited by: 17 people