• Candles made of pure beeswax burn brighter, longer and cleaner. The light spectrum that radiates from beeswax candles is very similar to a ray of sun light. Turn the lights down and enjoy the distinctive "halo."
• Unlike other candles, beeswax candles are credited with emitting negative ions. The negative ions are beneficial because they clean the air and invigorate the mind, body and spirit. Allergy suffers and those with other respiratory conditions burn beeswax candles to improve air quality.
• Beeswax candles are burned in cathedrals, churches and other historically significant structures to enhance spiritual awareness and to avoid the suet damage caused by other candles.
• The pleasing beeswax scent is derived from honey and flower nectar and produces a subtle fragrance as the candle burns.
• Bees are tireless pollinators and are important to the environment. Purchasing beeswax candles supports bees, bee keepers, agriculture and the environment.
• Pure beeswax is one of Mother Nature’s finest gifts!
Tips for properly burning beeswax candles:
• Let the candle burn for 2 or 3 hours at a time. Especially the first time you burn the candle.
• Keep the wick trimmed to ¼ inch or less.
• After several hours, carefully shape the warm soft wax at the top of the candle moving it closer to the flame.
What is beeswax “Bloom?”
Over time, a small amount of natural oil may move to the surface of beeswax candles. This is called “bloom.” The bloom resembles dust and may be wiped off with a soft cloth.
Please see all the sizes and colors available in the Green Villages Shop.