The Zia is an ancient symbol of the Zia Indians of New Mexico. The Zia Indians regard the Sun as a sacred symbol. Their symbol is a circle with groups of rays pointing in four directions. Four is the sacred number of the Zia and can be found repeated in the four points radiating from the circle. The number four is embodied in:
* the four points of the compass (north, south, east, and west);
* the four seasons of the year (spring, summer, autumn and winter);
* the four periods of each day (morning, noon, evening and night);
* the four seasons of life (childhood, youth, middle years and old age); and
* the Zia's believe that with life comes four sacred obligations one must develop (a strong body, a clear mind, a pure spirit, and a devotion to the welfare of others).
Turquoise, the December Birthstone is said to bring strength and protection from harm. If given a turquoise by a loving friend, it protects the wearer from negative energy and brings good fortune. The turquoise is the symbol of friendship. It is a wonderful healing and cleansing stone and provides protection during meditation. These are natural stone.
These sunny earrings are 1-5/8 inches long, including ear wires.
Your new earrings will come in my lovely gift box in a bubble mailer by USPS First Class Mail.
Love this design but want a different stone? Please convo me.
Designed and created by Lois Linn at Serendip Designs Jewelry
Unique artisan jewelry for the contemporary woman
Become a fan on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SerendipDesignsJewelry