Merino Scarf weaving project pattern 12.5dpi Rigid Heddle Loom - digital PDF Download
Digital file type(s): 1 PDF
This listing is for a digital download PDF Project Pattern so you can weave a beautiful, softly patterned merino scarf. (Please note you won't receive the actual physical scarf or the yarns)
Perfect for wearing yourself to keep warm & cosy, or for gifting to a special loved one.
It makes me happy to know these items are handmade with love and that they are also keeping ancient weaving skills alive. I especially enjoy weaving with this scarf using fun colour combinations and soft natural fibres.
This pattern is suitable for beginners but you should already be familiar with how to set up a warp and how to weave on your own loom.
Please check carefully that you have all the following items to complete this project:
- A Rigid Heddle Loom with a 12.5 dpi heddle. The width of the loom should be able to accommodate at least a 10" width warp.
A different heddle may be suitable but the scarf will vary slightly in weigh and drape. A 9" wide loom will be OK too if you don't mind slightly narrower scarf.
- Warp yarns - 4 ply/Fingering weight merino wool or other suitable yarn in two contrasting colours (100g light and 100g dark). I used Spritzer Merino which is a super twist hand dyed New Zealand merino wool in Teal (Dark) and Perfect Peacock (Light). Further details in the pattern or feel free to send me a message if you want help selecting yarns.
- Weft Yarns: Same as warp (plus a small amount of a waste yarn in a contrasting colour for the beginning and end of the scarf.)
- Warp Peg (or sturdy chair) for stretching out the warp.
- Threading hook
- 2 Clamps
- Tape measure.
- Warp sticks/paper
- 2 Shuttles (Stick or Boat type)
- Yarn bobbins and winder (if you use boat shuttles)
Tapestry needle for darning any loose tails.
- Fringe twisting gadget (optional)
The PDF document is 9 pages long and includes instructions and lots of colour photos. You may wish to print it out at home (to save paper, print double sided on 5 sheets A4 paper and press ‘FIT TO PAGE’ so it all fits within the margins.)
I'm always happy to help with weaving questions or to advise with yarn choices. Yarns and looms are available online all over the world. Better still...why not ‘support small & love local’ by asking at your nearby yarn store. Just message or email me once you've downloaded the pattern if you need advice.
To access your pattern once you have purchased it, please click on Etsy Account settings (labelled 'You' on the top right next to the cart), then select Purchases & Reviews and click on 'Download Files'.
You should also get an email from Etsy with the link to download your PDF (please check your Spam/Junk folder too in case you can't see it) If you have any problems with downloads, send me a message and I'll try and help as soon as I can.
Happy weaving! K
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
I don't accept returns, exchanges or cancellations. But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
287 reviews5 out of 5 stars
I love the pattern and the directions are very clear. The pictures help so much. Thanks
Love this scarf great pattern. Easy down loaded
The pattern is well written.
Photos from reviews