The Celtic Knot Dragon is quite popular. On this case the dragon is on the front cover and the Triquetra on the back. It has a blue felt interior where the laptop is stored. It is made to fit the 13" Macbook Pro with retina display.
NOTE: The laptop need to be 1.8 cm (0.71 inches) thick to fit exactly. The older models are too thick!
The back cover has space for a custom name. Please inform me what name should be added when ordering the laptop case (limit of approximately 16 characters).
More images and a video of this case can be seen here:
Specifications of the laptop cases
The laptop case is made from Baltic Birch plywood. It has a compartment for a 13″ MacBook Pro retina display laptop. It has a side compartment for the cable and charger. The back compartment is large enough to fit standard size papers and books (A4 and letter).
Weight (empty): 2.1 kg (4.7 lbs)
Outer dimensions (including feet and handle): 33 x 42 x 8 cm (12 x 16.5 x 3.2 inches)
Laptop compartment: 32.5 x 26.5 x 1.8 cm (12.8 x 10.5 x 0.71 inches)
Back compartment: 33 x 27 x 2.8 cm (13 x 10.6 x 11 inches)
Cable compartment (note – a recess is made in the back compartment where the charger fits): 33 x 5 x 5.6 cm (13 x 2 x 2.2 inches)
- One side of the laptop compartment has a space where the charger, earphones and other cables can be plugged in while the laptop is used within the case.
- The case ships with a shoulder strap that attach to the sides of the case. This strap can be replaced easily with any other type of shoulder strap.
- There is a chain that will stop the case to be opened completely. This in combination with the small feet at the bottom will allow the laptop to be used without taking it from the case.
- The felt interior provides a soft compartment to protect the laptop.
- The back cover has space for a custom name. They are thus not completely lacquered on this side.
Important to note:
Note – the laptop case will ONLY FIT THE RETINA DISPLAY 13″ Mackbook Pro and NOT THE OLDER 13″ Macbooks Pro models. The retina display model has a depth of 18 mm – which will fit perfectly in the felt covered compartment. Thinner models will fit but may require a additional sleeve or padding
Note – the laptop cases are made from wood and is NOT WATER PROOF. It is covered with several coats of polyurethane lacquer and is therefore splash proof. If it gets wet it is recommended that you wipe dry it with a cloth as soon as possible. It will also keep the laptop dry from minor splashes but water my get into the paper compartment. It should not be used in the rain.
Note – the cases are made from plywood that warps with humidity and other factors. The warping may reduce over time.
Note - it is easier to store the cables after the laptop compartment has been closed. It is also better to remove the cables before the laptop compartment is opened (makes for a neater opening and easier to get the charger).
Note – the case can carry up to 5 kg including the laptop. More weigh may place unnecessary strain on the wooden components and attachments.