Penawar Zine (Print)
Dispatches from a small business in
Materials: paper, 100gsm, colour, print
Have you ever been curious about what a support group does? What self-care is? What are pervasive issues faced by a Muslim woman in Singapore? What is cultural and intergenerational trauma? If so, you’ve chanced upon the right zine!
This zine, presented in a blend of comics, listicles, quotes and testimonials documents real stories from our support group sessions, as well as self-care tips to bring home.
Perfect as a gift for a friend who needs support, those who are bored on the MRT, as well as those who are fans of pastel colors and cute imagery in general.
This zine on ‘healing, support, community’ is the first issue in a group of zines about the Penawar experience.
Content warning: On page 12, the comic contains elements of domestic violence and spiritual abuse.
- Editor’s Letter: Healing is an act of communion
- What’s the point of support groups? Why do we need to form them?
- How to run a support group? Tips from the Penawar experience
- Testimonials and stories from our members
- Authenticity and living our best selves: More than just “Muslim” and “woman”
- Strategies for emotional wellbeing and creating emotional boundaries
- Where do we go from here? The many faces of healing
Dimensions & Printing:
15cm x 21cm (A5) / 6" x 8"
40 printed pages.
Saddle stitch binding (stapled).
Pages are printed in color on 100gsm paper.
© 2018, Penawar Support Group. Made with love, from Singapore
There was a problem calculating your postage. Please try again.