RefugeeMade

Arizona-crafted // Globally-inspired // Refugee-made

Phoenix, Arizona

Buyers are raving!

This shop got multiple 5-star reviews in the past 7 days.

Announcement    MAKE AN IMPACT! Donate a sewing machine directly to a refugee woman artisan. Check out our Amazon wish list at: www.tinyurl.com/refugeemadewishlist. Your donation is tax-deductible and makes an immediate difference.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all in-person sewing classes have been cancelled until further notice. A select number of seamstresses are able to continue sewing from home due to generous sewing machine donations. We want to expand this list to empower as many women as possible to keep creating and earning income. This is a great opportunity to get involved and make a tangible difference in the life of a refugee woman.

Have a gently used machine you'd like to donate instead? Send us a message or email jtaylor(at)lss-sw.org for information about donation pick up (Phoenix metro area only) or shipping to our office.

Thank you so much for your support. This program exists and thrives only because of loyal supporters like you.
We appreciate you!

-The Women's Empowerment Program Team

Announcement

Last updated on Dec 22, 2020

MAKE AN IMPACT! Donate a sewing machine directly to a refugee woman artisan. Check out our Amazon wish list at: www.tinyurl.com/refugeemadewishlist. Your donation is tax-deductible and makes an immediate difference.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all in-person sewing classes have been cancelled until further notice. A select number of seamstresses are able to continue sewing from home due to generous sewing machine donations. We want to expand this list to empower as many women as possible to keep creating and earning income. This is a great opportunity to get involved and make a tangible difference in the life of a refugee woman.

Have a gently used machine you'd like to donate instead? Send us a message or email jtaylor(at)lss-sw.org for information about donation pick up (Phoenix metro area only) or shipping to our office.

Thank you so much for your support. This program exists and thrives only because of loyal supporters like you.
We appreciate you!

-The Women's Empowerment Program Team

Items

 

All Items

LSS-SW

Contact shop owner

LSS-SW

Reviews

Average item review
5 out of 5 stars
(150)
See reviews that mention:
Quality 37 Shipping 35 Customer service 5

About RefugeeMade

Sales 760
On Etsy since 2019

Empowering refugee women since 2008.

Thank you for visiting our store! By purchasing these products, you are helping to support a refugee woman on her journey to integration in sunny Arizona.

Here’s what we’re all about:
Founded in 2008 by Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest in Phoenix, Arizona, the Refugee Women’s Empowerment Program (WEP) was created to support the integration needs of hundreds of refugee women every year through supportive programming. We provide sewing classes, women’s health and nutrition classes, onsite childcare, leadership development, yoga, computer classes, and more to refugee women in Phoenix and Tucson. All the items sold at RefugeeMade are unique, handmade items sewn, woven, and crocheted with love by refugee women in sunny Arizona. The sewing program provides the women with a chance to earn supplemental income, socialize, get a sewing machine of their own, and practice their English. 80% of the proceeds from each sale go to the woman who created the product while the remaining 20% are reinvested in the program.

The Refugee Women’s Empowerment Program (WEP) is a program of Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest. Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest creates a foundation for 67,000 men, women and children to thrive across Arizona through refugee and immigration, aging and disability, children and family, and emergency services. We stabilize individuals and families during times of crisis and transition, we build a self-reliant foundation and we preserve dignity and respect. To learn more about our organization please visit our website at www.lss-sw.org.

Shop members

  • LSS-SW

    Owner

    Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest creates a foundation for 67,000 men, women and children to thrive across Arizona through refugee and immigration, aging and disability, children and family, and emergency services. More at www.lss-sw.org.

Shop policies