AckeeTreeClothing is taking a short break
Marissa on Aug 30, 20194 out of 5 stars
Super cute. Shrunk like crazy. Once got to use once
Diane on Aug 18, 20195 out of 5 stars
Love this! Fast shipping and great quality item!
Ravin on Aug 8, 20195 out of 5 stars
This skirt with the head wrap with amazingly beautiful very vibrant and beautiful colors it went perfect for our pictures together thank you so much
Erica on Aug 6, 20195 out of 5 stars
This vest was awesome for my son’s multicultural graduation 👨🏽🎓 It came quickly and it was well-made!
jmjacobs24 on Aug 1, 20195 out of 5 stars
Products was beautiful, and fit perfectly. Excellent customer service and fast shipping. I will purchase again.
Erica on Jul 11, 20195 out of 5 stars
I love this jumpsuit! Kimberly is awesome, very accommodating,
ninababi18 on Jul 10, 20195 out of 5 stars
Too Cute Can't wait for my daughter to wear it. Thank You.
Stacy on Jun 20, 20195 out of 5 stars
It’s perfect. I can barely get it off my daughter’s body to wash it. She loves it so much!
Nathaniel on Jun 13, 20195 out of 5 stars
Love love ~ got more than my fair share of compliments at a recent wedding I attended.
lleinster on Jun 10, 20195 out of 5 stars
Great bow tie! Was perfect for the event. Price was good and fast shipping!
Handmade clothing for girls, boys and women with Jamaican inspiration!
Hello and thank you for taking time to browse my store AckeeTreeClothing. My name is Kimberly, I’m originally from the beautiful island of Jamaica, but I am now located in North Carolina. This is my third Etsy shop and it is an extension of my original store JamaicaStores. Both of these shops specialize in bringing Jamaican items and style to a worldwide audience. AckeeTree mainly focuses on my handmade clothing for girls, boys and women including baby rompers, leotards, bow ties, and bandana dresses.
I taught myself to sew years ago and I have always made custom Jamaican clothing. I love being able to incorporate my background into my items with bold colors and simple, elegant styles. I’m big on customer satisfaction and I enjoy working on new designs that customers love. I get a thrill when customers tell me that other people have asked them where they got their outfit! I strive for excellence and it’s my goal to be the best at what I do!
My other etsy stores are TheFunkyPrint, Sunny Isle Bath & Body, JamaicaStores and ItsandBitsSupplies for sales of crafting and sewing supplies. My main business website is www.ackeetreeclothing.com.
Feel free to send me a convo if you have questions about any of my items or would like to inquire about a custom order.
I make most of the items or put the finishing touches (adding trim, hemming etc) on all pieces to ensure it meets my quality. I package and do all the shipping. My other etsy stores are The Funky Print, Jamaica Stores and ItsandBitsSupplies.:
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept exchanges and cancellations
I don't accept returns
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
- Items on sale
Returns and exchange details
There are no refunds on shipping costs for returns unless item is shown in required pictures to be defective.
Check Shipping Address
- Orders will be shipped to the address you have on file with Etsy. Please check it carefully prior to submitting an order. Items re-sent due to an incorrect address will result in new shipping charges.
- If buyer requires a redirect from USPS, buyer is responsible for contacting, setting up and paying any redirect fees. This fee is additional to shipping cost.
- There will be no refunds on missing packages due to an incorrect address or package left unclaimed. If package is sent back to me because of address issues and buyer refuses to pay shipping to have it resent, it will be considered a forced return which is not allowed by Etsy and the item is non refundable. Original ship costs are non refundable once item is correctly shipped to address as provided on order.
- As a made to order shop I do not accept returns for items unless damaged or defective. Any such must be conveyed within 3 days of delivery and pictures of packaging and item provided clearly showing any issues.
- There are no returns on made to order items that are correctly made/made to given measurements as per listing.
- There are also no returns/refunds for items not received by a specific date unless priority express shipping was purchased and/or as the seller I explicitly guaranteed before the date. The date MUST have been left at checkout in the notes AND agreed on in prior messages.
- Priority mail and first class have estimated delivery guidelines and no guaranteed delivery dates. Shipments by these methods will not be accepted for return nor refunded for missing estimated delivery dates provided by the post.
- For any exchanges customers pay return shipping and reshipping costs both ways. All exchanges must be discussed prior to sending for my approval and the item sent back within stated number days after delivery. Outside of this period, the return will be considered a forced return and the package will be rejected.
- If a packaged is returned without prior authorization, it will be considered a forced return and will be refused/returned to buyer at buyers cost. Etsy policies prohibits force returns.
Return authorization is necessary. If there was an error in your order or an item was received damaged, please convo us for return and/or exchange instructions.
*Please note that a 20% restocking fee will apply to all items returned (with approval) where item originally shipped free. The only exception is where the item was damaged or sent in error and the damage reported within 3 days of receipt.
Cancellation within 2 days. After that cancellations are on a case by case basis. If order is cut and started, a 20% restocking fee will be charged as fabric may have already been cut for your specific order size. This fee will be deducted from any payment.
USPS shipping time frames are estimates and not guaranteed unless the Priority Express option is chosen. International shipping may take several weeks so please plan accordingly.
Free shipping promotions such as free shipping applies to the entire order going to one single address. If you need to ship to two separate addresses please order items separately and you may be required to pay shipping. I reserve the right to cancel or invoice for an order which includes a note to split the order and ship to separate addresses. Splitting the order means each part of the order may now be under the free shipping threshold.
International customers may be required to pay custom duties. This cost is not included in the price of the product or shipping. The duties are determined by your country and it is illegal for me as a seller to mark item as a gift.
Lost or Stolen Packages within the USA
Packages lost in transit by USPS will be replaced or refunded based on availability of materials. Item if reshipped, will be shipped using same shipping speed paid for by customer. Items are not considered lost before 30 days.
Please provide a safe location for packages at your residence.
If package is marked delivered but you cannot find it, please contact your post office. You can request GPS coordinates that show exactly where package was left.
> If package is confirmed left at your residence
- check around house, such as on porches, back door etc, to see if mailman left in another spot
- ask if another member of the household may have taken it in or a neighbor took it up for safe keeping.
If package is still not found then unfortunately it may have been stolen. In this case, I recommend making a police report about your stolen item. If police are aware they may be able to locate your stolen goods or be aware that an unscrupulous person is targeting your neighborhood and stealing packages.
However, while I sincerely commiserate, I cannot replace or refund for a stolen package. I can however offer you a discount on a repurchase (varies on the product) once you furnish a copy of the police report of the report number for verification purposes.
> If package is marked delivered but GPS shows it was left someplace else than your home
- ask the post office to retrieve your mail
- If near to your location, ask neighbor to return your mail
If attempts to retrieve mail fail, I will gladly refund or replace item and ship as per original ship method.a
Additional policies and FAQs
Items are made as shown unless otherwise discussed. Items are customized as per requests in conversation or as listed.
No cancellations after 2 days. Any changes to custom requests must be made within 24 hours after payment. Cancellation requests if package is returned due to incorrect address will not be honored. The item is already made. You will need to pay to have item reshipped to you and pay upgraded shipping if it’s a time sensitive need.
To fulfill your order, you must provide me Kimberly McBee through my business Ackee Tree Clothing with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies (UPS, FedEx, or U-Pic Shipping Insurance, for example). I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, my contact detail will be displayed below if you are from an EU country.
Frequently asked questions
Watch videos on different ways to wrap headwraps
Please watch model mom demonstrate how she ties Arabella's headwrap bow. Kids bows are shorter and less full
Choose different ways to wrap your new headwrap.
Caring for African fabrics
For best results, be gentle with your African fabrics. Wash gently and tumble dry low. Hang to dry is also a great option. Iron with warm, not hot iron. Preferable to iron on reverse side of the print.
Natural Variations in Fabric
Some of the African fabrics have natural variations in the printing process. This is normal and to be expected.