Announcement Specializing in women’s historical clothing and sewing patterns from the 18th to early 20th centuries.
Specializing in women’s historical clothing and sewing patterns from the 18th to early 20th centuries.
Heather on Aug 19, 20215 out of 5 stars
I'm in love with my new dress. Definitely can't wait until next month now to wear it. it fits me well. thank you so much.
PIERRE on Apr 23, 20215 out of 5 stars
Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, the package arrived late today from USA Many thanks and congratulations to Aimée for her remarkable work. Best regards from FRANCE.
Bernadette on Mar 23, 20215 out of 5 stars
My dress just came. it fits perfectly! I was concerned because I was the one sending the measurements but Aimee's diagram of how to take them worked wonderfully. In addition, Aimee helped me select shoes. I sent what I had found and she helped find the ones most historically correct. She has been a great resource. I can hardly wait from the additional items I ordered. The dress also came with care instructions for washing and storing.
Amy on Dec 22, 20195 out of 5 stars
I needed a regency dress for a Christmas tea at a local historical house where I volunteer. I was able to find this seller and she was nearby. She allowed me to stop over and buy the dress the very same day and it was perfect. The quality is wonderful and i will purchase again!!
Historical clothing created with attention to detail and elegant lines....
My love and passion for classic, simple lines where small details become the focus has shaped my passion and my business. As an historian, self-taught seamstress, and fashion lover, I have worked hard to perfect my craft and create pieces that are designed to flatter all shapes of the female body while evoking a feeling of gracefulness,femininity, and historical accuracy. Each item is carefully crafted from the highest quality fabric, chosen and sewn by me, to create one of a kind looks. So whether you are costuming your next play, attending a reenacting event, or simply a historical fashion enthusiast, let me help you create the perfect look.
Owner, Maker, Designer
Aimee Cook is the author of the blog Inside Aimee’s Victorian Armoire and owner of the online shop Aimee’s Victorian Armoire. A self-taught seamstress, Aimee offers a wide variety or ready-made and custom made historical clothing.
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
I don't accept cancellations
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Returns and exchange details
If contacted within the 48 hour period, a full refund will be issued after customer ships the item back to me safely. Item must be shipped within the two days of original contact.
CUSTOM ORDERS - No refunds are offered on custom orders as they are personally designed and created. However, if you are unhappy with the finished product, please contact me before leaving a review, as I would love to see if alterations can be made.
INSTANT DOWNLOAD PATTERNS ONLY - Refunds are not offered for instant downloadable patterns. Please ask all questions before purchasing.
If you have any questions, please ask before purchasing the item. I am more than willing to answer any questions you might have on listed items.
CUSTOM ORDERS: Custom order listings must be paid in full before any work will be started. This secures your place on my custom order list, which works on a first come, first serve basis. Feel free to ask in advance if you have any questions!
Custom Orders are shipped once the item is complete. Please see custom order listings for more information on the time line.
Each item is carefully wrapped and shipped in an appropriate package through the United States Post Office on priority along with a tracking number.
If you need the item sooner, please contact me before you pay, so I can adjust the shipping cost, if necessary.
Insurance is added at the buyers request and will be added to the shipping cost.
At this time I ship to most countries. International customers are responsible for paying any duty fees incurred at customs in their country
Additional policies and FAQs
- Yes I do, if the alternations do not impact the integrity of the gown. Minor alterations such as hem shortening and minor bodice adjustments are available at an additional fee.
Why do you not use dress sizes in your ready made item descriptions?
- There is such a wide range of sizes that it would be very difficult to simply use a dress size to describe a gown. Therefore I use measurements based on inches to give a more precise idea. However, if you are within 1-2 inches of the measurements given, please do contact me to see if the item will still fit you. Many of these gowns are designed to accommodate a variety of sizes.
How do I secure a custom order listing from you?
- I do take custom orders on select items ( please see listing options in shop.). Customers can secure a spot on my list by purchasing a custom order listing which will be created for you after we discuss and agree upon measurements, fabric options, and timeline. Once details are agreed upon, please do not ask for changes or alterations. Fabric will be chosen by me using my own judgement but based on your prefered color choices and pattern. Pictures of fabric will be provided to you in advance if possible.
***An additional non refundable fee of $30 will be required on all custom orders requiring a design changes, additional fabric searches, pattern redesign, and drawings.
Feel free to contact me to see my current wait list.
*** please note that custom orders will be created using measurements given. I am not responsible if gown does not fit properly due to wrong measurements given by customer.
How do I care for my gown?
- I recommend hand washing or dry cleaning only. Using a modern washing machine can ruin the integrity of the hand sewn stitches. In addition, gowns composed of multiple yards of fabric washed in a machine can become very twisted and never fit right again. I recommend folding and storing your gown in a protective covering. Iron to remove wrinkles as needed.
Why are your gowns more expensive than others I have seen?
- Quality and historical accuracy are at the forefront of all of my garments. I use only natural, historically accurate fabric for all my pieces as well as rely on historically accurate patterns and examples to create each item. I focus on the look of each specific time period to ensure proper look, feel, and hang making sure not to be influenced by modern styles. While I do use a machine for basic construction, I take time to include many hand sewn details to add that touch of authenticity. Each garment is 100% made by me in my sewing studio.
Am I able to visit your store in person?
- At this point I do not have a brick and mortar store, but I do visit various reenactments throughout the season.
Do you offer wholesale options?
- I do offer a select number of gowns as wholesale prices. Please contact me for more information.