Announcement With over 5,000 sales, Artful Beginnings is a small online boutique dedicated to creating unique, different, and memorable wedding and event invitations and coordinating accessories, all handmade in a small studio in Vermont.
With over 5,000 sales, Artful Beginnings is a small online boutique dedicated to creating unique, different, and memorable wedding and event invitations and coordinating accessories, all handmade in a small studio in Vermont.
- All 419
- Paper scroll invitations 93
- Fabric scroll invites 45
- Boxed scroll invitations 61
- Samples 40
- Fabric invitations 35
- Paper invitations 21
- Custom handkerchiefs 39
- Favor and gift tags 30
- RSVP, Thank You cards 13
- Individual scrolls 18
- Non-personalized gifts 14
- Place cards, table #s 6
- Guest scrolls 4
Jonathon Ribble on Aug 28, 2016
Exactly what we needed for our ceremony! Fast turn around too. Thank you!!
sharee71 on Aug 28, 2016
Absolutely beautiful and perfect! Everyone loves them. Arrived on time and in perfect condition. A wonderful keepsake as well. Thank you so very much!
staceypecen on Aug 27, 2016
I loved my first handkerchief so much that I bought a second! And it didn't disappoint! Love it, thanks so much!
Artful Beginnings - handmade invitations
Artful Beginnings is a 100% handmade shop, committed to providing you with quality custom handmade items from a small private studio in Vermont.
Also here as www.etsy.com/shop/ArtfulBeginnings2, www.etsy.com/shop/ArtfulBeginnings3 and www.etsy.com/shop/snoringmoon
Please also find me at www.artfulbeginnings.com
Owner, Maker, Designer
Welcome to my shop, Artful Beginnings, dedicated to providing you with reasonably priced, unique handmade items personalized according to your needs.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
6% sales tax for Vermont orders. I do not have any access to your payment information. Etsy or PayPal process that info for my shop.
All orders valued at $250 or more will ship with Signature Confirmation
Tracking info will be sent when item is marked shipped
Allow ample time for delivery - delays due happen. Returns will not be accepted and refund will not be provided if there isn't ample time for design, production AND delivery.
Once an item is shipped, domestic orders can be "intercepted" by going to www.usps.com.
• USPS First Class Mail or Priority Mail for all orders except oversized items (2-3 b. days expected but not guaranteed delivery time)
• UPS Ground, USPS Parcel Select or USPS Priority Mail for all invitation suites that include presentation boxes and/or mailing tubes (1-9 b. days expected but NOT guaranteed delivery time)
• USPS Express Mail by upgrade offered with listing or by custom listing (1-2 b. days guaranteed delivery time)
• UPS by custom listing, please inquire before ordering
• I do not use Fedex.
• I cannot use your UPS or Fedex account to ship.
• to save cost, "Flat" mailer boxes will be shipped to you flat.
If item is damaged in transit, please document and contact me right away for a resolution. I may open a claim with shipping company or replace the item.
- USPS international Priority Mail starts at $29 (6-10 b. days) for a select number of listings only
- not responsible for delays caused by customs or local postal service
- all items shipped internationally will be marked "merchandise" with full value
- Customer is responsible for all taxes, VAT, GST, sales tax, customs, duty, and all brokerage fees upon arrival, in accordance with destination country's tax and customs laws. Please check www.dutycalculator.com for expected customs fees.
International shipments leave the US in 2-3 b. days. After that, delivery is up to the destination country's postal delivery and customs schedule. If you see your item "stuck" at same US point, it usually means it left the US and is en route to your destination. Tracking or delivery confirmation may/may not be provided, depending on whether the service is available in destination country. Please contact your local post office or customs with any delays. Most destination countries will attempt to deliver the package . If customs/VAT/brokerage fee applies for your order (please check your own country's minimum for no VAT/customs charges), your local post office may leave a note with customs/VAT fees payable before package may be picked up/redelivered.
Please note customs/VAT/brokerage fees/sales taxes/customs duty is NEVER collected by me. It is not included in any of my pricing, so it is never "applicable" contrary to the statement by Etsy "VAT is included (when applicable)".
Refunds and Exchanges
Customized items are non-returnable, and non-refundable.
Orders must be canceled before layout for custom order is received for full refund.
Written authorization must be received from me for ANY returns. Unauthorized returns of custom made items will not be accepted and refunded.
Printing process starts shortly after you approve the layout - no changes are possible once printing has started.
If I don't receive an approval within 10 b. days, I will go ahead and print your order as initially requested, or cancel the order.
Your order will be printed as it is shown on the final layout approved by you. Please check the wording carefully, and make sure you included all the what-when-where-why of your event. I do not provide proofing, typing or editing, I only format your text to fit in the layout. Not responsible for wording, color or font choices not communicated to me, or for omissions or typographical errors in wording provided by customer and approved in final layout.
Additional policies and FAQs
Turnaround time refers to design and production. It does not include time needed by customer to provide customization info, to make changes or approve, or time needed for shipping.
"Ready to ship by" date will be updated to reflect a RUSH order, a long approval process or a larger quantity purchased. Your item will go out on the last day of production OR on the following business day.
• I do not offer phone support, only written communications.
• Regular business hours are 9-5 PM EST
• Closed during weekends and all major holidays
• Most layouts are prepared in the evening or at night
CUSTOMER SERVICE LIMITATIONS:
My pricing is based on customizing an existing layout with your choice of wording, and colors/ fonts from the included charts, also troubleshooting orders after they are sent. I am not set up to provide personalized customer service beyond that level of customization. I am unable to offer suggestions for color combos, font styles, trends, wording, grammar etc- all those are personal decisions for the customer to make.
I retain the right to decline or to cancel an order if I feel the personalized customer service needed to complete the order is far beyond the scope of what I do offer.
• Please submit full wording as text I can copy/paste. PDF attachments are broken up by the Etsy filters and rendered unusable. I cannot use jpegs. Word files are not accepted as attachments. Please send your wording in a convo as text only, or in your "Notes to shop" when placing order.
• I do not print copyright protected wording such as poems, essays, lyrics, slogans, unless I have written permission from copyright or trademark holder.
• please do not submit logos or any other artwork for an item that is not specifically priced for the inclusion of customer provided artwork. If you send artwork I specifically agreed to include in my design in a previous convo, please make sure it is not copyright protected.
• If you do not need a certain feature in a listing you purchased, please be explicit in your customization request.
• items in my listings are priced for the item as pictured only, to be customized with your wording, and color and font style choices from my charts.
• a custom design created from scratch is not included
• adding or removing elements from an existing layout is not always included
• rounds of text changes outside the limit specified within the listing is optional for an added cost
• suggestions for trending font styles, color combos to fit your theme, wording to fit the occasion, grammar or proofreading are outside the scope of my pricing
• A maximum of 3 samples per customer please. Samples are custom handmade and are sold at well below cost. I am unable to offer more than 3 samples per customer for one order of actual invitations.
To order less than the minimum as listed, there is a $15 flat design fee per order.
To create a layout from scratch there is a design charge starting at $75 in addition to the price listed for any of my invites, subject to availability.
DIGITAL COPIES OF YOUR ORDER:
• I do not sell or provide digital files of my designs, images, or customized layouts to be printed at home or for a website.
• I do not print copyrighted lyrics, licensed characters, illustrations, poems or songs as part of a customized item, unless I have written permission from the artist himself/herself, OR unless the work is explicitly in the public domain. By placing an order with Artful Beginnings LLC, you assume full copyright ownership for all your submitted material, including artwork, songs and text.
• All designs, photos, and layouts in my Etsy shop are property of Artful Beginnings LLC, whether they are listed, are preliminary designs or are designs specifically custom designed, unless otherwise noted (illustrations created by other artists).
• I do not match colors to items in other stores online or offline.
• color may look substantially different from the color you see on your monitor. Please request a free color chart printed on material of your choice along with your sample order if in doubt.
• all fabric invitations including handkerchief invitations are printed with permanent inks but are not washable.
• individual hankies are printed with permanent textile inks or edged with lace. Hankies are dry clean only.
• direct sunlight will fade ALL inks very quickly - please store in a dry and dark place.
My prices are firm. If they do not work with your budget, please consider another item from my shop that is less work/material intensive such as flat cards instead of scrolls.
Thank you for your order and I look forward to working with you!