AshleyHothStudios' Shop Policies
Hello! Welcome to Ashley Hoth Studios, where you will find realistic custom portrait drawings and fine art.
This shop uses Paypal, Direct Checkout, and Etsy Gift Cards.
Contact me if you have any questions or concerns about payment methods.
For portraits, you will receive a digital proof within 5-10 business days. Once you give you approval, portraits will be shipped USPS Priority Mail.
Refunds and Exchanges
I work hard to assure you that you receive the highest quality of portrait, and before your portrait is shipped you will receive a digital file for proofing. I will try to make any changes you want before shipping. If you place a portrait order and we cannot find a suitable photo, you will be given a complete refund. At this time I am not able to do complete refunds for portraits once drawing has commenced due to the custom nature of the work, but if you are unsatisfied please contact me and I will work to make things right.
Additional Policies and FAQs
WHAT MAKES A PHOTOGRAPH GOOD FOR A PORTRAIT?
The main thing is that all features of the face must be clearly visible. The quality of the photograph is critical and determines whether or not a accurate portrait can be drawn. If a suitable photo cannot be found and an order has been placed, you will get a full refund unless a good photo can be found. Use the tips below to help determine what photos will work for a portrait drawing.
- Photo originally taken as a headshot, showing whole head and shoulders.
- All facial features are clear and crisp. (Try zooming in until the photo is about 8x10 inches, and see if face details are clear. Can you see the little lines that define the eyes, smile, etc?)
- Image is high-resolution. Photos taken with phone cameras can be fine, as long as they were taken as a close headshot and facial features are clearly visible.
- Photos taken from far away and then cropped
- Face is cropped from photo of larger groups of people
- Photos taken in very bright light that washes out parts of the face
- Photos taken at low resolution
- Photos that are blurry or very dark
NOTE: If your photo was taken by a professional photographer make sure the photographer gave you rights to your photos. If you send me a photograph taken by a professional photographer you are demonstrating that you have rights to the images and are releasing me from liability.
At this time I do not draw more than two faces in a drawing. This allows me to have greater control over accuracy.
At this time I only offer 8 x 10 inch sized drawing due to difficulty in packaging and shipping larger drawings. Thank you for understanding.
Please remember that a portrait drawing is not a photograph. Because portraits are hand-drawn, they are not perfect to every single detail. I have a lot of experience and will make your drawing look as much like for photo as possible, but remember it is drawn by hand. Before your portrait is shipped you will receive a digital file for proofing for your scrutiny. Also feel free to checkout the feedback left by past portrait clients in my shop.
Last Updated April 1, 2015