Announcement This Shop is Participating in a SILLY SALE UK- you can find amazing deals in a separate Silly Sale Section where most of my bags are now 33% off!! So hurry up and bag yourself a bargain!
This Shop is Participating in a SILLY SALE UK- you can find amazing deals in a separate Silly Sale Section where most of my bags are now 33% off!! So hurry up and bag yourself a bargain!
Accepted payment methods
- Money Order
Use this space to notify buyers of your shop's accepted payment types and deadlines for submitting payment.
This is where to explain how you ship your items and when, if you offer upgrades or other options and what to do if a buyer has special shipping requests.
Refunds and Exchanges
Let your buyers know whether or not you can accept returns or exchanges on some/any/all of your items and if they have a time frame for contacting you regarding a return. If you do not offer refunds for shipping errors (ie. getting lost or damaged in the mail), this is a good place to mention that.
Additional policies and FAQs
Do you welcome wholesale and consignment inquiries or custom Alchemy orders? This is the place to let everyone know! If you have any other tidbits that didn't quite fit into the other sections, go ahead and add them here.
Working out the best policies for your shop and business can be an ongoing process, sometimes you just have to deal with a bit of trial and error. Take some time to consider the following when adding information to your Shop Policy sections, but remember, your policies are up to you (as long as you adhere to Etsy's site wide policies: TOU and Dos & Don'ts).
* Do you have the "other" option available? If so, the Policy Page is a great place to elaborate on the "other" types of payment accepted and how you handle will be invoicing the buyer.
* Is payment required within a certain time period? 24 hours? Three days? 2012?
* Is it necessary that you add tax for buyers from a certain state? Consult your local laws or check with an accountant if you're not sure ;)
* What should a buyer do if they need to cancel a purchase from your shop?
* Does your shop accept wampum? If you have any payment methods that need explaining, here is your space to do so.
* Do you require a verified address at PayPal? Must the PayPal and Etsy "ship to" addresses match?
* Do you use USPS? UPS? Carrier pigeon?
* Are shipping upgrades an option? How/when should a buyer notify you of needing extra shipping options? Is expedited shipping available?
* Do you include delivery confirmation or insurance? Can they be purchased if it is not factored into the shipping rate?
* How do you package your items? Do you use recycled packing materials? Let you buyers know what they can expect.
* Can local buyers schedule a pick up? Please refer to this Storque article regarding safety.
* Do you offer international shipping? Is the buyer responsible for customs fees?
* When do you ship your items? Monday/Wednesday? Every other day? The full moon?
* How long should a buyer wait for a custom or made-to-order item to ship?
* Will you ship to a "giftee's" address?
* Does the buyer need to consider the weather or climate when expecting a package from your shop? Some items may freeze or melt in extreme temperatures, it's a good idea to let your buyers know how you will account for this.
REFUNDS and EXCHANGES
* What items in your shop can be returned for a refund or exchange? Are there sanitary issues with accepting returns on your items (in the case of earrings, underpants, bath & body products, etc.)?
* How long does a buyer have to contact you regarding a refund or exchange?
* Under what conditions will you offer refunds? Wrong size? Damage in transit?
* Who is responsible for the shipping cost of returned items?
* Can custom orders (if offered) be returned?
* Does your shop have FAQs? What are they?
* What should a buyer do if there are options such as color choice or size?
* How should a buyer contact you? Convos? Ham radio?
* Do you offer discounts?
* Are you open to wholesale or bulk order requests? Consignment? Custom item inquiries? It's a good idea to let buyers know if these options are available and how to go about getting more information.
* Do you offer special gift wrapping or other gift services in your shop?
* Is your home pet friendly? Do items come from a non-smoking home? Do you craft outside where dandelions may end up in your art? If there are common allergens (like scents, nuts, animal products, etc.) you may want to use this space to notify your customers.
* Do you donate to charity? Buyers like to know this sorta thing about the shops where they spend their money. If you're crafting to save the phytoplankton, let the community know.
Remember, shop policy is just as unique as the handmade items in your shop, so Etsy admin can't decide what is best for you or your business. These are some guidelines to help you get started, so if you're not quite sure what will be ideal for you, perhaps consider asking some more seasoned sellers or find a local entrepreneur who can give you some tips. Don't worry, if you're not quite ready to lay down the law, filling out the Policy Page is optional but be sure to give some thought to your shop's policy before listing items for sale.