Announcement We're on Facebook (yes, finally) - follow us for anatomical updates https://www.facebook.com/Black-Chocolate-Co-1620364708266357/
We're on Facebook (yes, finally) - follow us for anatomical updates https://www.facebook.com/Black-Chocolate-Co-1620364708266357/
Jesse Sik on Mar 24, 2017
Skull showed up in one piece and exactly when it was suppose to. The craftsmanship is outstanding. Looks like a real skull. The size is the same as a real skull. The sample pieces of chocolate were amazing. Thanks.
Kirsten Oglesby on Feb 21, 2017
The chocolate was incredible, and the skull looked amazing!! I will be ordering this again soon!!
Please, enter (mwahahaha)
Our handmade anatomical chocolate creations provide a morbidly tasty experience and will be the centre of attention of any event. We only use the finest chocolate available on the market and take a lot of care whilst handling this edible art.
The chocolate is sent to you well wrapped in food grade cellophane and secured in a box to ensure it doesn't get damaged (we can also include a card with a personal note if you wish).
** As seen on **
Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/25/chocolate-skulls_n_5530651.html
Around the web
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
Please note that a custom fee may be charged by the postal service in your country/state (unless you are ordering from an EU country). While this is not always the case, it is not unlikely and is unfortunately beyond our control.
Additional policies and FAQs
- Q: Do I need to include a phone number when I checkout?
- Yes. We can't actually book international deliveries without the recipient's phone number. If the courier has any issues in accessing or locating your address, they need to be able to contact you. Failing that, your skull may be significantly delayed (as the courier in your city then must contact our courier in the UK, who then contacts us, who contact you - and vice versa). Adding your phone number in the "note to seller" box when you check out will prevent any delays and will ensure you are kept informed about your delivery.
- Q: Are the skulls solid or hollow? And how much do they weigh?
- A: They're hollow (just like a real skull). The chocolate, however, is thick enough so they're pretty sturdy, and it will really take some effort to break them. They weigh approximately 1.2 kilograms.
- Q: I live in the US/Australia/New Zealand/insert other hot country here ______. Will the skull survive in transit? Will it melt or break?
- A: The box we use is made of insulation board (by yours truly!) which keeps the inside of the box cool. After wrapping the skull in cellophane, we wrap it in bubble wrap and pad the inside of the box with additional bubble wrap to ensure the skull doesn't move around or break.
The majority of our orders are international; the international shipping method we use is pretty fast (5 days-ish), minimising the amount of time a skull sits around on airplanes and postal hubs. - But nothing in life is guaranteed, unfortunately. We've sent hundreds of skulls around the world, and a very, very small handful of them sadly melted. This normally happens during periods of extreme heat (August-September, but even then the vast majority of skulls arrive to places as hot as Arizona in the same condition in which they left) and when there are unexpected, long delays by the postal service. To prevent this, we add icepacks within the packaging during the summer months. We must emphasise though - the skulls are incredibly sturdy and the chocolate is thick - it takes a *hell of a lot* to melt a skull.
It is therefore advisable to provide a phone number when you check out so the carrier in your country can contact you to advise you of your delivery day/time if they need to, as this will prevent any possible delays.
In the (very) unlikely event your skull arrives damaged in any way, let us know ASAP and we'll replace it immediately.
- Q: How long will it take for the skull to arrive?
- A: It takes approximately a week to prepare a skull. Once the skull is shipped, we'll send you a tracking number so you can follow it directly at your end. Domestic (UK) shipping is next working day, and international shipping takes between 5-7 days. Please note that turnaround time may increase during busy periods such as Christmas, Halloween and Valentines Day, although we do our best to get the skull to you as quickly as possible.
- Q: Are the skulls vegan?
- A: The dark and chilli chocolate skulls are dairy free and vegan friendly.
- Q: Can I order a skull now and have it delivered at a later date?
- A: Absolutely! Just add a note when you check out with your preferred delivery date and we'll dispatch it so it arrives as close to that date as possible. Otherwise, skulls are dispatched as soon as they're ready, and will be with you within about 5 days from dispatch.
- Q: Do you have any wholesale options?
- A: We do not currently have any wholesale availability.
If your question hasn't been addressed above, just send us a message and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.