BlackOutArt is taking a short break
mariyammirza0 on Mar 23, 20225 out of 5 stars
Perfect for my friend who is a librarian and a huge HP fan!
Kathy on Feb 7, 20225 out of 5 stars
Great quality and seller, thank you
Michelle on Jan 10, 20225 out of 5 stars
These are beautiful, glossy postcards! I ordered 5 Hogwarts Library cards and one of Platform 9 3/4. Shipping was on time and they came nicely packaged. The seller included a few stickers too. I am impressed with the quality of these postcards. :)
Dianna on Jan 7, 20225 out of 5 stars
Great tasting tea! Love it! Thank you so much!!!
Allison on Jan 3, 20225 out of 5 stars
So much fun! Very well made and lightening fast shipping! Thank you!
Where the creativity is, yo.
Art has always been something Krissy has dabbled in as a child. Her mum, an artist once upon a time and a fantastic sewer, hoped one of her children would have some of her artistic skills (and that wish did come true!)
School had taught Krissy enough about the trade of drawing and painting. It wasn't until she enrolled into university that she seriously thought about the potential of her art. She was able to achieve a minor in studio art, picking up more tricks of trade like silk-screening and printmaking.
Black Out Art was born when Krissy wanted to showcase her artwork to the professional world. She wanted to show people she could make things from scratch...digitally or on paper. And that's why she keeps on drawing.
Fandom and friends are the core for inspiration. While Krissy makes original art, she likes to make lots and lots of fanart for fandoms like Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Supernatural, Merlin and Sherlock. And occasionally comics, books and films.
Her work experience in a printing shop has helped immensely in transforming artwork and graphic design into tangible objects like notebooks, cards, posters, etc.
Although art is still more of a hobby for Krissy, she is constantly making new pieces of artwork, whether it's a commission for someone or donation. When she saw the potential to turn her work into merchandise, she jumped right at the opportunity.
Every item that Black Out Art offers is made with 110% love and care. Because really, that's where the creativity is, yo.
Owner, Maker, Designer, Artist
With over 15+ years of art and design experience, Krissy is dedicated to making geeky fandomy things and original art.
Since my art is online, I thought, "Why not share my favorites with others?" And well, "Why not make my art into something that's cool and useful?"
And there you go. You'll find prints, stickers, notebooks and other handmade items. You'll notice there a lot of products inspired by fandom, as well as anything spooky or witchy.
Hope you like what you see! Cheers!
Accepted payment methods
Returns & exchanges
If you're having any issues, just contact me!
Made-to-order items will need at least 1-2 weeks for processing, creation and shipping, so please plan accordingly.
You will receive a confirmation when your purchase is processed and when you can expect it to arrive in the post.
Please make sure you clearly let me know what your shipping address is in an Etsy convo, in case there are variations between the addresses for your Etsy and Paypal accounts. If you have a preference of which one to use, let me know; otherwise I will by default use the address in Etsy.
If you have a special shipping request you need for your purchase (faster shipping, drop shipping an item to a person as a gift, sending to a different location than listed, etc.), please contact me to let me know so we can work something out!
Additional policies and FAQs
Also, please note name tag stickers are NOT blank, as they have character names and/or text already printed on them.
Original custom notebooks are produced on a limited quantity basis (unless otherwise noted). So, if there are only a certain amount in the shop, once they are gone, they are gone!
Original watercolour cards will always being changing and I put these up on Etsy in batches. Once they are gone, they are gone!
If a product does sell out, please message me and I can see if I can get it back in stock.
Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (ie. for a custom order or commission), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Kristina Moy, creator/owner of Black Out Art, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me via Etsy Convo or at kristinamoy [at] gmail.com.