lanette on Jan 11, 20225 out of 5 stars
This is a beautiful box. Wonderful gift. Thank you
renee on Oct 1, 20215 out of 5 stars
Lovely. Gorgeous workmanship. Beautifully packaged and shipped quickly, just what I was looking for! Thank you!
Margo on Dec 18, 20215 out of 5 stars
This box is beautiful & exactly as advertised. It’s a Christmas gift & I am sure the person I am giving it to will treasure it. Thank you!
Maggie on Nov 19, 20215 out of 5 stars
The box is even more beautiful than the photos. Amazing craftsmanship! I'll be using it to hold some very special jewelry pieces. And I'll certainly be ordering more from this shop.
mirisa on Nov 14, 20215 out of 5 stars
Gorgeous box! You can tell it’s extremely well-made and very sturdy. The grain on the elm is fascinating, and the walnut and elm complement each other well. Very happy with this purchase.
1. Process begins with a rough board of Walnut or Cherry being planed to proper thickness.
2. After each board is ripped on the table saw to size, the mitre joints are cut on a manual frame chopper.
3. Sheets of burl are selected to create the top of the boxes.
4. Veneer is cut and matched to make what is called a "bookmatch." This is laminated to a furniture grade particle board which is very stable.
5. The burl top is squared up and the wood is mitred and glued to it, which creates the top of the box.
6. The bottom of the box is mitred and glued as an exact fit to the top.
7. When dry, the box is sanded on a stationary sander, hinges installed, and hand sanded with two different grit sandpapers.
8. A four to six day finishing process makes the completed box and after having made hundreds of boxes, " I still get excited when the first coat of lacquer is hand brushed and the beautiful character of the burl and hardwood come to life."
Accepted payment methods