What's in a Name
I named my shop Buttercup Forrest in honor of two inspirational people in my life. My grandmother's nickname for me was Buttercup, and Forrest was my father's middle name. Although they are gone, the lessons I've learned from them inspire me daily. My father was artistic, my grandmother crafty. They were both hard workers who also knew how important it was to laugh and enjoy all that life gives you. My hope is that the hard work and care that I put into your custom made nursery items will bring a smile to your face and be a part of many happy family memories.
I am a trained artist and designer with 20+ years of sewing experience. When I'm not sewing, I love hiking and creating art with my young daughter.
NEW TO ETSY?
Here is a tutorial to help you through the checkout process ~
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
Texas residents pay 8.25% sales tax, which is automatically included during checkout.
■ Priority Mail shipping time is 1 - 3 days in the US and can be tracked online.
■ Priority Mail International shipping times are generally 2 weeks but can take longer depending on your country and customs processing time. Online tracking is only available until the package leaves the US. You are responsible for all tariffs and taxes charged by your country.
■ All orders shipped Priority Mail are insured for up to $50. If your order is more than $50 and you would like to purchase additional insurance, please let me know.
Refunds and Exchanges
■ Fabric is subject to availability. Color and scale of fabric may vary slightly from what you see on your screen. I take care to describe my items as accurately as possible. I use the fabric images provided by the fabric manufacturers, but due to differences in screens, there can be variations in the colors displayed. If you have any doubts about the color on your screen please contact me before you purchase. I am happy to send you additional fabric photos. You can also purchase a fabric swatch here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ButtercupForrest?section_id=17436032
CANCEL AN ORDER
■ Custom Orders can be cancelled if I have not cut and sewn the item yet. If the fabric for your order has already been purchased, then the cost of the fabric will be deducted from your refund.
CHANGES TO YOUR ORDER
■ If you want to change the fabric for your order once it has been placed (but I have not cut and sewn your item yet), you will need to pay for the cost of the new fabric. I don't keep any fabrics in stock, I purchase them as soon as you place your order and am unable to return them.
■ Items may be returned, unless you requested a custom size. You have 10 days to return the item in new (unused and unwashed) condition to receive a refund. Purchase price less a 15% restocking fee will be refunded via your original payment method once I receive the item. Original and return shipping charges will not be refunded. Contact me first so I can keep an eye on the mail for your return.
■ If there is some issue with your order, please contact me and we can work together to resolve it.
Additional policies and FAQs
■ I only use 100% cotton fabrics in all of the items I make. I do not use any synthetic fabrics, polyester, minky, or faux fur.
■ I take care in the construction of my products. However you should periodically check seams to ensure they are still safe and secure. Purchaser assumes all liability.
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS -
■ Should I wash your items before using?
- Yes, please prewash them in baby safe laundry detergent.
■ Are your items machine washable?
- Yes! Machine wash cold. Machine dry low.
■ Do you make complete crib sets with crib skirts and bumpers?
- I do not make crib skirts or crib bumpers.
■ What size changing pad do your changing pad covers fit?
- My changing pad covers fit contoured changing pads that measure approximately (16”W x 32”L x 4”H). If your contour changing pad is a different size, please include the dimensions in the Notes box when you checkout and I'll adjust my pattern for your order.
■ Do your changing pad covers fit flat changing pads?
- No, my changing pad covers only fit CONTOUR changing pads, not the flat ones.
■ Do you sell fabric samples?
- Yes! You may purchase a small 4 inch by 8 inch fabric swatch of the fabrics you are interested in here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ButtercupForrest?section_id=17436032
■ Do you sell fabric by the yard?
- No. Because of the large number of fabrics I offer, I don't keep them in stock. I order them weekly from a trusted supplier.
■ Do you use Minky in your changing pad covers?
- I know Minky is popular, but I don't use it in my items because it is a synthetic polyester fabric. To make my items as safe as possible for babies' delicate skin, I use only 100% cotton fabrics.
■ Can I include your items on my Gift Registry?
- Yes, absolutely!
■ Do you make sheets to fit a twin size or larger bed?
- No, the fabric I use is not wide enough to make bedding for mattresses larger than crib size.
■ Do you make mini crib sheets or cradle sheets?
- Yes, you can purchase them here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ButtercupForrest?section_id=17090460
■ Do you make crib sheets for oval or round cribs?
- No, I only make crib sheets for standard crib mattress.