Once Upon a Time........
I think every story chronicling the things we love should begin with the words "Once upon a time...."
Yes, once upon a time .... I would sit and watch my mother sew using her creamy tan Singer sewing machine. I have been sewing since then.
I love handmade things and anything that involves fabric.
I'd like to hear from you! Comments and feedback on my projects are much appreciated.
I live in a small coastal town in California where we have beautiful weather nearly year round. Only, sometimes, we do get a lot of rain.
My workspace is a small room / laundry room. I try to keep it organized by color so I can easily find what I need. I also have lots of ribbon, jars of buttons, patterns, and thread that are (for the most part) color coordinated. When it does get chaotic and disorganized, I have a few kind helpers who volunteer to come and help put things back together.
I LOVE to use industrial cotton canvas in my designs for many reasons. It is very durable and sturdy for today’s busy lifestyles. I like it because it carries an industrial look and gives just the feel I really strive to achieve. I always launder my fabrics before I start working with them to pre-shrink them, and if I can find "previously loved" canvas, even better. My bags are always lined in colorful cotton florals, stripes, or solids.
Recently I have also been experimenting with dyeing my natural cotton canvas. I was really impressed with how the dye took and how it turned out.
Though I do have a dedicated workspace (which is not very big), very frequently my kitchen table serves as my work area. I recruit my two girls at times to help with turning straps, pressing, and picking up fabric scraps from the floor. This is always a big help.
Customer satisfaction is very important to me. I have received many emails from my customers on how much they have enjoyed their handmade item, and for this I am very appreciative.
Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek.
Thank you for supporting HANDMADE!
Gina Gabriella Blasingame
Owner, Maker, Designer
Shipper, Marketer, Customer Service
Elisse, Camilla & Nissi
HAND PAINTED HOME IRON GOODS
- Please allow me 8-10 BUSINESS days to complete your PAINTED item before shipping. (Handbags have a different completion date, please read above)
HAND MADE BAGS
- I make each bag individually by hand with great care. Please note my bags are made to order.
Please allow min 16-18 BUSINESS DAYS (due to the quantities of orders received before shipping delivery.
RUSH MY ORDER:
Being that we have a lot of orders waiting to e filled, you can have yours bumped to the top by simply adding this to to your order.
There are 3 options to choose from:
*If you have questions or need to contact me, PLEASE do so thru Etsy convo system.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
*Payment must be made in full and have cleared before the item is shipped.
*8.00% Sales Tax is applied to California purchases.
* Here is how to purchase an item on Etsy with checkout:
* Do you want to pay with a Credit Card and Create a PayPal Account?
Return to my shop here:
If for any reason you are not happy with your purchase, you may return items to us within 7 days of delivery for a refund of the merchandise cost.
Please note that we cannot accept returns on items damaged through normal wear and tear. For additional information, read more about our return policy here.
Camilla CottonHAND MADE BAGS
Current production time for hand made bags is 16-18 Business days.
HAND PAINTED HOME GOODS
* Our home goods are " painted to order", please allow 8-10 BUSINESS days to complete your item before shipping.
*Your order will be shipped to your " Etsy Address we receive from you the buyer, please be sure to enter your " correct shipping address ".
* Camilla Cotton unfortunatley cannot be held responsible for any lost, damaged or misplaced packages. Should you have a question regarding the condition of your order once it arrives please email us thru ETSY. If damage is reported, please send us a photo of the item. This will help when us when a claim is filed with our local post office.
SHIPPING TO A DIFFERENT ADDRESS?
You can have the gift shipped directly to the recipients & I will be happy to include a note so they know it's from you. There is a place to change the shipping address at checkout and you can leave your note in the message box.
* All orders are hand packed by me with care and attention. We must try and "Go Green" when possible. To be good to our earth. I try ( when possible) to use recycled boxes and bubble wrap to reduce costs.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
* We are not responsible for any lost, damaged or misplaced packages during transit.
*Sometimes international shipments can be held at your LOCAL post office for pickup and not delivered at your doorstep. PLEASE be sure to check there if you are waiting for your order...they may forget to leave you a note.
Refunds and Exchanges
A SPECIAL NOTE:
- We are not a large corporation, but a small family company. Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. This covers monies incurred in the time and material used in the preparation of the item.
-Return shipping is the responsibility of the customer. We will refund the cost of the item. LESS SHIPPING CHARGES (BOTH WAYS)
- If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value. Sold goods must be in the same condition you received it.
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
- Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
- Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
- Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
A 20 % restocking fee will be deducted from the refund. *There are absolutely no exceptions to this policy.
- Item/items MUST be in original condition,please package carefully.
- Sorry, no returns on SALE items.
- There is no refund when a RUSH order is purchased. We took our time to have order pulled to the top, and completed
HAND MADE CLOTH GOODS
*Regarding fabric items, (bags) funds will not be refunded if item has been returned from a SMOKING environment.
Additional policies and FAQs
If you have questions or need to contact me, please do so thru Etsy convo system.
(¸.•´ (¸.•´✻ Thank you for visiting my shop! `•¸♥¸•*•~-
Gina and Brent
@ Camilla Cotton
Frequently asked questions
Where is my order?
We understand wanting your order shipped out as soon as possible.
To explain, when orders arrive at our shop there is usually about 100 orders in front. It is only fair the oldest orders are given priority.
However for a small fee, we do provide a quick service if customers wish to RUSH their orders.
Simply click on the link in front of Camilla Cotton store front home page. On the top left you will see a category section that says:
PLEASE RUSH MY ORDER
If you have any questions please email me thru ETSY
Will we use a custom paint to match your home decor ?
Yes, for a small fee, we can do this for you. Simply tell us the color code or the name of the paint and brand.
(These are custom orders that are non-returnable or non-exchangeable.
If my item is placed outside, will it protected from the elements ?
Of course all metal in time will get a patina weathered look. And some like this. However, not to worry, we give all our pieces a nice coat of polyurethane to help protect against rust.
Can I add a gift note and have it shipped directly to my friend ?
Yes. We can have the order shipped directly to the recipient. I will be happy to include a note so they know it's from you.
* Important. Please change the shipping address at checkout and you can leave your note in the message box.
If you wish to email me to verify please do so.
Do you wholesale?
Please visit our website for wholesale inquiries.
Can I RUSH my order ?
Yes. We have added a special service to have your order pulled to the top and shipped within 1-2 business days.
This is not an express shipping, your order is being moved to the front of the production line.
Please add this to your order: