CaptainsCandles is taking a short break
A on Oct 28, 20195 out of 5 stars
They burn clean and smell nice.
ljcoffeebuzz on Apr 28, 20185 out of 5 stars
Very nice scent. No artificial smell at all. Candle in the tin seems to burn slowly. Quality.
Ashley on Jan 22, 20175 out of 5 stars
They are serving their purpose. Light one, start to relax and then boom you're asleep! My fiancé and I love them. -Bryce & Ashley
Reviewed by Inactive on Dec 13, 20164 out of 5 stars
They smell amazing and are flawless.
5 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 stars
Blaine on Jul 20, 20165 out of 5 stars
Fragrance has always been an important part of my life, evoking memories, encouraging me, relaxing me, or inspiring me.
My dad and I have even half-joked about opening a shop he wanted to call, "Everything Up the Nose," which would include his favorite smells: Leather, coffee, fresh wood carvings, and baked bread! That little daydream became "CaptainsCandles.com"
My wife, who owns her own Etsy jewelry business, CinnamonAndSilver, is also an avid gardener, travel photographer (www.DevelopingFocus.com) and candle-lover who used to help her mom sell PartyLite candles as a child.
After being diagnosed with a disability and, recently, cancer, she hasn't let any of it stop her. We are now new RV owners (meet Irv* link) with a travel blog!
Her love for plants and travel has definitely rubbed off on me over the past 16 years, and together we have transformed our small backyard into a wonderful neighborhood oasis of comfort, color (my wife's pet aesthetic) and aroma (my favorite aesthetic), that we use to source the dried flowers and herbs used in CaptainsCandles candles, soaps, and bath items.
Our candles are carefully designed with all-natural materials, travel-friendly tins, beautiful destination-inspired fragrances, and the desire to transport our customers to their favorite places (and ours!) and most memorable times.
We sincerely hope you enjoy CaptainsCandles. Please remember us on your next journey!
Owner, Creator, Shipper
A lover of scents and tastes, natural handmade candles are my creative outlet and way to experiment with delicious fragrances! I love sharing my discoveries and "adventures" in candle and soapmaking with others. Enjoy!
Candle Supply Shop
We use a highly regarded candle supply company to source our waxes and non-essential fragrance oils.
• Soy wax is made from natural soybeans which helps employ American farmers.
• Soy candles burn cleaner, leaving much less black soot.
• Soy candles burn almost twice as long as standard paraffin wax candles.
• Soy candles leave less residue than typical paraffin wax candles, making soy wax easier to remove.
• Soy candles are non-toxic and release no known carcinogens into the air, unlike other candles.
• Soy candles do not raise the CO2 levels in a room, as opposed to paraffin wax candles.
Many candles advertised as a “soy candle” have unknown blends that you may not catch unless you search deep into their site. If it doesn’t say 100% or tell you what’s in the candles, watch out! http://household-tips.thefuntimesguide.com/2010/09/soy_wax_candles.php
Common Candle Terms We Use:
• Cold throw is simply how well a scent can be smelled without the candle being lit. Hot throw is how well a scent can be smelled while the candle is lit.
• "Phthalates are a group of chemicals used to make plastics more flexible and harder to break. They are used in hundreds of products, such as vinyl flooring, adhesives, detergents, lubricating oils, automotive plastics, plastic clothes (raincoats), and personal-care products."
While the CDC does not recognize any risks from the use of these chemicals, there are growing health concerns among people regarding phthalates' possible effects on children, and hormones in general. Please see this link for more info: http://www.cdc.gov/biomonitoring/phthalates_factsheet.html
How to Make the Most of Your Captain's Candle:
• The first time you light your Captain's Candle soy candle, it is best to allow the wax to melt completely to the edges (usually about 3-4 hours). This is called a "memory burn," and will help to avoid the "tunneling" effect where the center of the candle burns lower than the sides, wasting wax that will no longer melt.
• Before each burn, the wick should be trimmed to 1/4" in order to further reduce soot, smoking, or a flickering wick.
• Keep candle burn times to no more than 4 hours, keep away from other objects and placed on a steady and sturdy surface.
• When your candle is finally burned completely, simply clean your container with soap and water and reuse or recycle!
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
I don't accept cancellations
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
- Items on sale