CherryPopLatex's Shop Policies
Hi Welcome to Cherry Pop Latex's Etsy Store.
Please take a moment to read through our policies.
We want your shopping experience to be a smooth and happy one. So do not hesitate to contact us if you have any problems or queries.
We do everything by hand, from the patterns, to the actual garment manufacture, in our studio which started in the UK and relocated to Chamonix in the French Alps. Everything is made with care, attention and love for a luxury product.
Latex is an eco friendly sustainable fabric, the sap is tapped from living trees that are unharmed by the procedure. Our latex comes from Malaysia and is of the highest quality.
By buying handmade clothing, you are supporting the clothing, manufacture & trade industries, and supporting local and small businesses working to boycott exploitation.
All of our products are beautifully wrapped in acid free tisue paper for shipping.
We are happy to give advice on colours, measurements, styling and of course custom designs or alterations.
*** We are now only holding certain latex colours in stock, please contact us before ordering***
After your payment we will send you a list of the measurements we need. Please be very sure of your measurements and provide them in centimetres for precision. See the link to our website for a measuring guide...
I only accept payments through PayPal currently, however you can use your credit/debit card to make payments through PayPal even if you do not have a PayPal account (as a 'guest'), see the Etsy guide link...
We can offer a custom listing option. Please contact us before ordering for this option. Payment must be made in full before work starts. We do not charge VAT. We have a cooling off period of 24 hours after payment in which you can cancel your order. After this time, work will have started so we cannot cancel and the money cannot be refunded.
We are proud to be British designers but we love living in the French Alps! What can you do eh? ;)
We don't make money on our postage- French postage is unfortunately rather expensive :/
Please see individual listings for international shipping costs. We ship everything using the French postal service.
We have set up two base levels of postage. Etsy only lets you choose one but you are welcome to request the other as a custom listing.
Economy is the cheapest. It insures you up to £5o but is not trackable.
Recorded and Insured is more expensive, but you are insured to the full value and it is trackable to most countries.
Please be aware that internationally orders may be subject to customs delays and charges.
We prefer you to use the trackable option for both parties piece of mind. If you would rather have another form of shipping please contact me. Please enquire for other Courier prices.
Lead times; Manufacture times vary depending on how busy we are but generally are 2-4 weeks (this does not include shipping time). If you need a garment for a specific date please contact me and we will see what we can do.
For extra information see our website shipping info...
Refunds and Exchanges
We want you to love your order as much as we do.
Returns / Refunds
Due to all garments and accessories being made to measure and custom, we cannot offer a refund for any reasons other than the following:
-you are within your 24hr cooling off period following us confirming your order and payment.
-the unlikely event of manufacturing fault caused by us will not be refunded but we will make any necessary repairs
Any problems must be reported to us within 7 days of receiving your product.
In the unlikely case of a manufacturing fault by us, you must post the goods back to us within 14 days (recorded delivery), in their original packaging and in the same state as they were dispatched (and unworn). It is best to send us a photograph of the problem before returning it. If we deem it to be our fault, we will refund your postage costs. We highly recommend you use the same type of postage we used to send to you (see our postage / shipping information) with some kind of proof of delivery and compensation.
We cannot be held responsible for items being lost in the post on their way to us. Please don't forget to include a cover letter with your contact details so we know who its from.
Returns / refunds are not covered by damage caused by your abuse, misuse or neglect of your latex (we can tell if its our manufacturing product or damage caused by you). Please see your latex care guide information to keep it all lovely and intact.
Additional Policies and FAQs
Latex Care Guide
If you look after your latex well, it can last you a lifetime. Please read the following guide.
Your garment will arrive boxed and wrapped in acid-free tissue paper. It will look slightly talced as this is how the latex arrives in sheets, and any areas cleaned for manufactured will have been re-talced to stop it sticking together whilst packing.
To Dress / To Wear
1. When you first try on your latex, add talc to the inside, this will help you get it on more easily.
2. Talc the inside thoroughly to help you get it on (as you did when you first tried it on). However, we recommend that on transparent panels or garments (for example, the seamed back transparent stockings) you use a little water based lubricant inside instead, as talc stops it looking so transparent.
3. We recommend taking off any jewellery (such as diamond rings or chain necklaces) whilst you get your garment on. When pulling on your garment, be careful not to pull with your fingernails. Try not to pull by the edges of the garment, and not to strain any seams or vulnerable areas.
4. We find it best to shimmy it on in stages. It’s much easier to have it in the right position on your body as you dress than once it’s fully on. For example, when putting on a stocking, wrinkle it down holding both sides scrunched to the toe area, get your foot in first before pulling anything up, then pull the rest up to the knee, make sure its all in place including the back seam, then finish pulling the last part up to the thigh, checking the seam position as you go.
5. If you do need to shimmy or twist your garment into the perfect place on your body once it’s on, we find it best to put your hand flat inside to move it around.
6. Now your garment is on, you can wipe away any talc that has escaped to the outside, so you have a clean base. Wipe away the talc using water and a rag (or oil free baby wipes). Don't scrub, just wipe gently.
7. You can either dry it off with a dry rag or leave it to dry naturally.
8. Now is the fun part! You may find you have to fight off the volunteers at this stage…Use a water based lubricant (never oil as it will destroy your latex and can weaken seams- if it says it is condom safe, then it's also latex safe!) for a medium shine that eventually dulls yet doesn’t leave any mess. Or use a liquid silicone for a wet-look shine (this is what we use in our photo shoots that you can see in our website pictures), we find the best brands are Pjur or Eros. This also actually helps prolong the life of your latex, keeping it supple. There are also specific latex shine sprays, which are easy to use.
9. Pour the latex shiner into your hand and start spreading it over your body (now you see why its fun!). Cover all of the areas that you want to look shiny. You can wipe off any excess with a lint free, clean rag. Be aware that it may rub off slightly over the night so perhaps take a tiny bottle in your handbag to top it up later. Be gentle when shining seams and appliques and try not to go near zips.
10. Some metals, particularly those with a copper content can damage your latex and will stain lighter colours, so be aware of this when choosing jewellery or belts etc. Light colours may stain from contact with certain materials such as non colour-fast fabrics. We recommend wearing no jewellery with white outfits.
11. Avoid sharp outfits and very hot things such as cigarettes as latex can tear when punctured, and be careful with long nails.
To Wash / To Store
1. When you have taken off your garment, clean it as soon as possible.
2. We DO NOT recommend washing your garment by immersion in water as the water can get trapped in rivets, zips and other areas and can cause corrosion or other damage.
3. You can wipe it down with a damp cloth (with a little washing up liquid or oil free baby wipes, if you want to remove the shine).
4. If you need to hang it to dry or store, do not use metal hangers, and try to find hangers with wide shoulders (such as suit hangers) if possible. Definitely do not hang on radiators or put in a washing or drying machine!
5. Cover with shiner or talc your garment from clean before you store it (depending on if you will wear it regularly), and store in a cool, dry, dark place. Prolonged exposure to light, heat and damp can ruin your latex; it will leave milky surface damage and will weaken or perish it. If you want to hang it in your wardrobe, cover fully with a black bag or ideally a suit bag/carrier.
6. We recommend storing your latex talced and back in the box we sent it in. If you have metal fastenings or rivets, its best to wrap a little of the tissue paper around these, to stop contact with the other parts of latex.
Cherry Pop Latex is a Limited Company, reg no: 07893515
Alternative emails: gemma [!at] cherrypoplatex.com, thomas [!at] cherrypoplatex.com
Business Registered Address: 44 Church Street, Hinckley, UK, LE10 2DE
(our main office is located in Chamonix Mont Blanc, France)
Last Updated August 22, 2014