ChocolateMenagerie is taking a short break
Note from shop owner
Gauthier on May 22, 20235 out of 5 stars
Perfect! My girlfriend loved it
Jennifer on May 10, 20235 out of 5 stars
Exceptional and my PI loved them
Jenna on Apr 10, 20235 out of 5 stars
Thank you for getting these earrings to me just in time for my conference! These earrings are spectacular quality, and I got lots of compliments on them! Additionally, I have super sensitive ears, so the fact that I was able to wear these all day without irritation is SUCH a bonus! Will definitely purchase more items in the future.
Heather on Apr 5, 20235 out of 5 stars
Janie made such a beautiful custom sculpture of my pet parrotlet- the detailing was incredible and exceeded all of my expectations! Communication was great, too!
Sabana on Mar 24, 20235 out of 5 stars
So cute! My partner loves it.
Val on Feb 16, 20235 out of 5 stars
So cute and a perfect gift! Get one for the microbiologist in your life! She makes custom bacteria too ;)
Val on Feb 16, 20235 out of 5 stars
Fantastic product as always! They are so cute and make great gifts for microbiologists!
Shana on Feb 2, 20235 out of 5 stars
Excellent quality pins which we bought as a gift for our head of microbiology! We received them in a really timely manner as well in Australia!
Gina on Jan 5, 20235 out of 5 stars
The details are so cute, and this came sooner than expected.
cosmicjellybean on Dec 17, 20225 out of 5 stars
Aaaaaa, it's so cute!!! I love it so much, and so did the recipient! (My mom, a retired microbiologist XDDD). Wonderful craftsmanship, and the shipping was, like, SUPER fast! 10/10, totally recommend!
A shop that began with a piece of clay and a flight of fancy.
Enthusiast of things such as sculpting, biology, reading and writing, microbes and birds and fantastic creatures, useless trivia, and Jurassic Park quotes.
Prints stickers and art prints
Enamel pin manufacturer
Receives my pin designs and manufactures the enamel pin.
Accepted payment methods
Returns & exchanges
1. Information I Collect:
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewelry, for example), if you contact me directly.
2. Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
4. Data Retention
5. Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
6. Your Rights
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
7. How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Janie Kim, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concern, you may contact me through Etsy or at chocolate.menagerie [!at] gmail.com. If you reside in the EU, you can view my mailing address in the seller details below.
Frequently asked questions
The Making Process
I hand-make all of my sculptures and jewelry from polymer clay, so each piece is unique, from feathers to wire flagella. I insert curved eye pins into jewelry pieces before baking to ensure that they don't fall out. After baking, some pieces are painted with smaller details, some are completely painted over, while others like the streaked agar plates aren't painted at all. I coat all of my pieces with a protective sealant.
The pins in my shop feature my pencil/digital illustrations. I print these onto shrink plastic, cut them out, and then bake. The pieces are then sealed with a fixative spray, and then coated with a protective sealant.
Custom and personalized orders
I'm happy to take custom orders! Please feel free to message me with custom order requests anytime, and I'll get to making your request during the next soonest custom order time frame.
SCULPTURE CUSTOM ORDERS: I typically only make SCULPTURE custom orders during the time frames listed at the top of my shop.
PIN CUSTOM ORDERS / BULK ORDERS: I take pin custom orders / bulk orders year-round. Please see below for more info on pin orders.
Please be careful when handling my creations. They are not intended to be toys and will break if handled roughly. To remove dust, please use a lightly dampened paper towel. All of my sculptures and other handmade odds and ends are coated in a protective sealant, but I wouldn't recommend washing them directly in water.
Made-To-Order Pins / Bulk Pin Orders
If you would like more copies of a pin than are currently stocked in my shop, please contact me through Etsy and I can make them to order for you.
For bulk pin orders (>50 pins), please allow around three weeks for me to make and ship them (please contact me for a more precise time estimate). If you would like to place a bulk order, please contact me through Etsy. I offer bulk pricing!