R Hui on Oct 6, 2016
Excellent mokume gane work. I was very happy to receive the ring (and tie clip).
R Hui on Oct 6, 2016
Great workmanship! I highly recommended Chris Timberlake if you're looking for that unique piece of jewelry or want custom work done.
Christopher Taylor Timberlake. Artist. Craftsman. Jeweler.
I create jewelry that is inspired by the natural world and a scientist’s understanding of it. I look to both geology and biology for charts, graphs, and maps of this world around us. I look to the skyline of the city, to animal vertebrae, and to the bone of a cephalopod. My techniques range from sterling silver cuttlefish casting, to lost-wax casting, to metal fabrication of silver, gold, and platinum. In another process of fabrication I build a layered metal known as mokumé gane, meaning wood-grain metal in Japanese. It is an ancient technique of metal layering first used to work varied alloyed steel into mokumé swords. Before anything else, however, I approach a piece of jewelry with an intense, almost obsessive, fascination with gemstones and their origins.
My interests in jewelry began on my family’s annual summer cross-country camping trips. My parents are both scientists, and my father, an amateur fossil hunter. As I discovered the fossilized remains of ancient plant and animal life, I also turned up rocks and uncovered roadside outcroppings like buried treasure. Later trips included hunting the Missouri River in Montana for Sapphires and pulling Opal from the mines of Idaho. At age 14 I got a small rock tumbler and a diamond saw, and I taught myself how to cut stones and eventually to facet gems. At different times over the past decade I’ve pursued interests varying from theatre and photography to sound design. Throughout this time I have kept jewelry as a constant outlet of expression because of the endless possibilities in designing the reaction between humanity and nature, a world that surrounds and imbues us.
A crucible of molten metal is pure potential energy; its casting, the formation of something unexpected and beautiful. The shine of metal at liquidus is akin to the luster when it is polished. You see the torch’s flame reflected on the concave surface. Between the stages, when molten metal becomes finished jewelry, the piece offers itself up to be criticized and improvised with. The gemstone comes into play and interacts with the design. To make what is not yet visualized: a product beyond, or merely other than the initial conceiving.
I accept custom orders. Please contact me to inquire. I have a specially designed process for email custom jewelry design. I can also provide wholesale on select items as my time permits, so please inquire if interested.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
Priority Service Charge:
Select items may be eligible for expedited delivery. Contact me for pricing.
Items will be shipped 2 to 3 day with insurance. Items over $550 USD will require a signature.
Duties and Taxes will be calculated and added to the shipping cost. Please contact me for pricing.
Additional policies and FAQs
PRODUCT CARE INSTRUCTIONS
CHRISTOPHER TAYLOR TIMBERLAKE FINE ART JEWELERY is made from precious metals that if properly maintained will last for a lifetime. Metals, such sterling silver, will tarnish over time. The speed of the oxidation (tarnish) may be affected by your skin's pH level, frequency of hand washing, and frequency and level of hand moisture, such as sweating. To prolong the life of your fine jewelry and protect it from damage, we recommend the following care:
Activities to Avoid While Wearing Your Jewelry:
The following activities will expedite the speed of oxidation of your jewelry, and potentially cause damage to stones. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not wear your custom-made jewelry while:
• Applying lotions and perfumes;
• Lifting heavy objects (e.g. lifting free weights, carrying metal furniture, gardening, etc.);
• Washing dishes;
• Engaging in any activity that results in a sustained amount of time in water.
Recommended Cleaning of Your Ring:
• Use a mild, non-abrasive soap and warm water.
• For particularly dirty jewelry, gently clean using a soft toothbrush with mild soap and water.
• You can remove the tarnish from the silver on the inside of the ring with a silver or general jewelry polishing cloth. (NOTE: if you use a polishing cloth on the patterned Mokumé surfaces, the polish may temporarily make the pattern difficult to see. The pattern should return as the metals oxidize in reaction to the environment.)
• If a polished stone inlay has become dull, you may want to seek assistance from a qualified jeweler to polish it with rouge.
CHRISTOPHER TAYLOR TIMBERLAKE LLC
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
[Effective September 1, 2014]
These Terms and Conditions of Sale ("Agreement") apply to all orders and purchases of jewelry (“Product”), including but not limited to sales by Internet, telephone, and in-studio, from Christopher Taylor Timberlake LLC (“Artist”). By placing an order for Product, the buyer (“Client”) accepts and agrees to be bound to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. This Agreement may not be altered, supplemented, or amended by the use of a purchase order or any other document unless otherwise agreed to in a written agreement signed by both Artist and Client. This Agreement shall prevail over any additional, conflicting or inconsistent terms and conditions that may appear on any purchase order or other document furnished by Client.
1. Sale and Purchase of Products. Artist hereby agrees to sell, and Client hereby agrees to purchase, the quantity and type of Product described on the Estimate or Invoice (collectively herein the "Invoice") provided to Client by Artist on the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement.
2. Purchase Price. Client agrees to pay the Purchase Price of the Product as stated on the Invoice.
3. Taxes. The Client shall be responsible for the payment of sales tax, if any such tax is due.
4. Payment Terms. The Invoice shall state whether any amount is due as a deposit prior to the Artist beginning work on the Product. The total amount of the Purchase Price shall be payable in full by Client according to the payment due date stated on the Invoice. Any portion of the Purchase Price unpaid past thirty (30) days of the Due Date shall be considered past due. All amounts past due are subject to a late charge of the lesser of one and one-half percent (1 1/2%) per month (being eighteen percent (18%) per annum) or the highest lawful rate. In addition, Artist shall have the right to pursue any remedies available at law or as provided herein and shall be entitled to reimbursement from Client for Artist's costs of collection, including attorney fees, legal fees and costs and disbursements.
5. Custom Orders. Custom orders are non-refundable, non-exchangeable and may only be canceled or altered within seven (7) days of being placed. Client is responsible for providing Product sizing information and assumes all liability for any errors in Product sizing information. In the event an error in Product sizing information results in a change order, Client agrees to pay the cost of all materials and labor required to enable Artist to implement the change order.
6. Delivery. Shipping and handling are additional unless otherwise expressly indicated in the Invoice. Title to Product passes from Artist to Client upon delivery to a courier by Artist. Loss or damage that occurs during shipment by a carrier selected by Artist is Artist's responsibility, HOWEVER, Artist will not be responsible for any physical damage to any shipment if it is not inspected at the time of delivery and damages or suspected damages are not clearly noted on the carrier’s paperwork at the time of delivery. Loss or damage that occurs during shipment by any carrier selected by Client is Client’s responsibility. Client must notify Artist within five (5) days of the date of receipt of Product of any part of the Product that is missing, wrong or damaged. Any quoted shipping dates are estimates only.
7. Limited Warranty. Artist warrants that the Product shall be free of any breaks, damage or malfunction (such as stones loosening or falling out) for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase (“Limited Warranty Period”), and Artist agrees to provide parts and labor to repair or replace a broken, damaged or malfunctioning Product during the Limited Warranty Period EXCEPT where the problem is the result of: (i) normal wear and tear; or (ii) damage caused by Client’s negligent handling or use of the Product. Client expressly acknowledges receipt of the Product Care Instructions attached hereto and agrees that damages caused by Client’s failure to care for the Product in accordance with such instructions will not be covered by the Limited Warranty.
8. Repairs and Replacement: With the exception of Product repairs subject to the Limited Warranty set forth in Section 7 above, Artist will provide repair, replacement, changes or redesign services by providing an estimate based on Artist’s standard hourly rate for the services requested by Client, and Client will be responsible for full payment for such repairs, replacement, changes or redesign pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.
9. Disclaimers; Limitation of Liability. EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH IN SECTION 7 ABOVE, ARTIST MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT ARE DISCLAIMED BY ARTIST. ARTIST SHALL HAVE NO DUTY TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, OR HOLD HARMLESS CLIENT FROM AND AGAINST ANY OR ALL DAMAGES OR COSTS INCURRED BY CLIENT ARISING FROM THE INFRINGEMENT OF PATENTS OR TRADEMARKS OR VIOLATION OF COPYRIGHTS BY ANY PRODUCT.
ARTIST DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LIABILITY FOR PRODUCT NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE, LOST PROFITS, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS. ARTIST WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY. CLIENT AGREES THAT FOR ANY LIABILITY RELATED TO THE PURCHASE OF PRODUCT, ARTIST IS NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AMOUNT OF DAMAGES ABOVE THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE APPLICABLE PRODUCT.
10. Governing Law. The parties agree that this Agreement and any claim, dispute or controversy (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) between Client and Artist arising from or relating to this Agreement, shall be governed by the laws of the state of Texas, without regard to conflicts of laws rules.