Raven on May 21, 20225 out of 5 stars
Bought this as a birthday gift for my boyfriend! He LOVES it!!!!!! I love the fabric, it's very sturdy feeling, thick enough that it isn't going to rip! Super fast shipping! Can't wait to order him a more fancy lookin one lol with embroidery!!
Sarah B on May 21, 20225 out of 5 stars
I was super impressed with delivery time! Package shipped and was delivered in about a week. The cloak is super nice, the material isn’t super thick so overall it’s light weight and comfortable to wear, but would still be nice protection from the elements. Really love the clasp I picked out and am really happy with everything! I’m not planning on buying any new cloaks soon, but this shop is on the top of my list if I do! :))
Mezzo on May 13, 20225 out of 5 stars
The cloak is just perfect, not too long and not too short. I love the leaf pattern embroidery that I chose in the options and it fits well. Perfect for my elf like cosplay, thank you ~
Emily on May 6, 20225 out of 5 stars
My cloak I got was green with gold embroidery and it made it look absolutely amazing! I wore it to a Harry Potter themed cosplay party with this as my own character and everybody said- “Do the Severus Snape walk” and I did and became the life of the party. Loved the cloak, it was amazing quality, I was able to wash it after the party too and nothing changed whatsoever.
Taylor on May 16, 20225 out of 5 stars
I opened immediately when I got it and I’m not going to lie I had so much fun running through the house and twirling in it. I love the material and I love how it came out with the clasp and embroidery I chose. 10/10 would definitely recommend
Making characters come to life!
The Cloak Closet started with a group of kids at summer camp. They were there for a Ranger's Apprentice themed week - six days full of sneaking through the woods, horseback riding, archery training and themed games.
As the camp was preparing, the directors bought numerous capes and cloaks, looking for something with the durability and style they needed. Everything they found was flimsy, thin and poorly made. I designed and created a cloak for them that has the durability to make it through a tough week on an apprentice Ranger running through the woods and was still in great shape to take home for many more days of playing.
Since that first week of camp in 2011, I've sewn hundreds more cloaks for kids and adults who want to bring their imaginations to life. I constantly look to improve my design and quality, including the stitching (which is professionally serged) and custom options (embroidered trims and clasps).
If you have a vision for a cloak, I would love to work with you. Send me your thoughts for a custom creation, and together we can select the fabric, cut, and colors to bring your character to life.
Owner, Seamstress, Designer
I love sewing cloaks in which kids and adults can play. I strive to make high quality products that will help foster a positive environment for the imagination.
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
I don't accept cancellations
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalized orders
Returns and exchange details
Etsy keeps your payment information secure. Etsy shops never receive your credit card information.
Shipping via USPS.
Customs and import taxes:
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Additional policies and FAQs
The Details (required to be GDPR-compliant)
1) Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
2) Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
a) As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order or to provide customer support
b) When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for a mailing list
c) If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
3) Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
4) Data Retention
5) Your Rights
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me through Etsy messages.