Announcement Getting ready for Halloween? Check processing and shipping times. There are options for upgraded shipping speeds as well as rush orders. Thanks!
Getting ready for Halloween? Check processing and shipping times. There are options for upgraded shipping speeds as well as rush orders. Thanks!
Valaya on Oct 16, 20215 out of 5 stars
Well made and looks great! Fit my son perfectly for his Hobbit cosplay! Great price and fast shipping too.
Kirsten on Oct 13, 20215 out of 5 stars
I have already submitted a review but wanted to share a couple more pictures of my kids playing on their excellent cloaks. These are already well loved for everyday play!
Natalie on Oct 13, 20215 out of 5 stars
This cloak is absolutely perfect. The quality is great. Very glad I went with this shop!
Danielle on Oct 22, 20215 out of 5 stars
I ordered this for my tiny human's Halloween costume and LARPing, it appears to be very well made and so far he loves it (so much so that he has failed to notice he now looks more "hobbit" and less "rogue"). It fits him well (he is 5'6) and the clasp is easy to use.
Jamie on Oct 21, 20215 out of 5 stars
Super fast response from seller, quality work and also quick shipping! Thank you!
Sherri on Oct 20, 20215 out of 5 stars
I love my cloak! Fast shipping and just as described! Can’t wait for Halloween!! Thank you!
Making characters come to life!
The Cloak Closet started with a group of kids at summer camp. They were there for a Ranger's Apprentice themed week - six days full of sneaking through the woods, horseback riding, archery training and themed games.
As the camp was preparing, the directors bought numerous capes and cloaks, looking for something with the durability and style they needed. Everything they found was flimsy, thin and poorly made. I designed and created a cloak for them that has the durability to make it through a tough week on an apprentice Ranger running through the woods and was still in great shape to take home for many more days of playing.
Since that first week of camp in 2011, I've sewn hundreds more cloaks for kids and adults who want to bring their imaginations to life. I constantly look to improve my design and quality, including the stitching (which is professionally serged) and custom options (embroidered trims and clasps).
If you have a vision for a cloak, I would love to work with you. Send me your thoughts for a custom creation, and together we can select the fabric, cut, and colors to bring your character to life.
Owner, Seamstress, Designer
I love sewing cloaks in which kids and adults can play. I strive to make high quality products that will help foster a positive environment for the imagination.
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
I don't accept cancellations
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalized orders
Returns and exchange details
Etsy keeps your payment information secure. Etsy shops never receive your credit card information.
Shipping via USPS.
Customs and import taxes:
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Additional policies and FAQs
The Details (required to be GDPR-compliant)
1) Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
2) Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
a) As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order or to provide customer support
b) When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for a mailing list
c) If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
3) Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
4) Data Retention
5) Your Rights
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me through Etsy messages.