Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns about any of our policies listed below. We’re here to work with you.
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
You may pay for your orders with: Credit Card, PayPal, Check, Phone, Etsy Gift Cards, or Money Order. If purchasing with credit card, please take the time to check that your name, billing address and telephone number are the exact same as those that appear on your credit card statement. Any incorrect information may cause a delay in processing your order.
All sales completed in the state of Texas are subject to sales tax. If your delivery address is outside of the continental United States, you will be responsible for any and all clearance costs, duties, and taxes applicable to your order.
Since each item is handmade to order, we have non-negotiable return and cancellation policies in place and all custom pieces are seen as final sales. By purchasing from our shop, you are agreeing to these terms. However, we will work with you throughout the entire process and make any necessary modifications to the order to ensure that you are satisfied with the final product.
We offer free white-glove delivery for deliveries within a 20-mile radius here in Austin, Texas. The professional moving company, Big Easy’s Moving handles all of our local deliveries and you can be rest assured that your piece will be brought in, assembled, and cared for by trained professionals in the field.
If you would prefer to pick-up your order in-person, we are happy to hold onto it here in our production facility located in Lakeway for a reasonable amount of time. We are available seven days a week for pick-up. If you need to pick-up outside of our normal operating hours, we can accommodate to your schedule if you let us know in advance.
All small items will ship via UPS Ground. The standard transit time for UPS Ground deliveries is 3-5 business days depending on the location of the delivery address. If you are interested in faster shipping options (such as UPS 2 Day and UPS Overnight), please let us know and we can arrange that for you. We do not require a signature for deliveries.
If your item is damaged during UPS Ground shipment, please contact us as soon as possible. Our first line of action will be to file a claim with the shipper and proceed accordingly thereafter. We will do everything we can within reason to ensure that you receive the quality product that you paid for.
All larger items will ship via a third-party freight carrier. We will secure your order in a custom-built shipping crate prior to shipment. The standard transit time for freight carriers can range from 4-10 business days depending on the location of the delivery address. In most cases, freight carriers will personally call you to schedule a delivery appointment beforehand and a signature will be required at the time of delivery assuming everything is in good condition. However, the exact delivery process can slightly change between carriers. We are happy to walk you through the process at the time of shipment.
If your item is damaged during freight carrier shipment, you must make sure to refuse the shipment and contact us immediately either via e-mail or phone. It is imperative that you thoroughly inspect the order upon its delivery before signing any sort of delivery receipt. If you accept the shipment, you are acknowledging that all items are received in good order. We will not be responsible for any damage to products during shipment that were signed for in good order. However, if you refuse shipment due to damage, we will do everything we can within reason to ensure that you receive the quality product that you paid for.
If you are interested in additional full-value protection insurance for your shipment either via UPS Ground or freight carrier, please let us know in advance and we can arrange it for you.
Additional policies and FAQs
Lead-time will vary anywhere from 4-16 weeks depending the complexity of the project and the current work schedule at the time of purchase. The agreed upon timeframe is an estimate and can change due to circumstances that are outside of the control of Custom Rustics. We are committed to delivering within the promised lead-times and the customer will be updated with any changes. Please let us know as soon as possible if you find that you need the finished product by a certain date and we will be happy to do our best to deliver on time.
Our furniture is durable and handcrafted with the intention of lasting decades if cared for properly. We have compiled a few simple suggestions below to help ensure that your wood pieces remain in the best condition.
1. Keep the piece in a climate-controlled area with the same relative humidity throughout the year. As a material, wood will expand and contract as it absorbs and desorbs the water in the air. The degree to which this happens will be nearly indistinguishable if the piece is kept indoors as opposed to in garages and storage units.
2. Use coasters underneath cold glasses to prevent the condensation from damaging the coating through blooming or water rings. If water or any other liquid is accidentally spilled onto the surface of the piece, be sure to immediately use a dry cloth to remove the liquid in its entirety.
3. Use heat pads, trivets, and coasters underneath anything that is thermally hot, such as irons, pans from the oven, and tea mugs. The heat from these objects can melt away the finish from wood and damage it. As an extra precaution, it is a good idea to keep the piece away from direct heat sources such as heaters, fireplaces, and radiators.
4. Avoid placing the piece in direct sunlight. If sun exposure is not regulated, it can sometimes slightly discolor the wood.
5. Regular dusting is recommended to prevent the build-up of dirt. As necessary, a deeper clean be achieved by using a mixture of warm water and a small amount of dish detergent: Dampen a lint-free cloth in this mixture and gently wipe down the surface. Avoid using standard household cleaners as the chemicals can often damage the wood. In addition, orange oil can be used every few months or so to break down any build-up of dirt and polish the piece.