Announcement Welcome to my shop Davo and the Lake, a collection of textile and ceramic pieces and natural skincare products. Enjoy!
Welcome to my shop Davo and the Lake, a collection of textile and ceramic pieces and natural skincare products. Enjoy!
Great seller. Super good communication. Thanks so much!
Beautiful! Just what I was hoping for!!
Exactly what I was expecting and packaged perfectly to keep it safe in shipping! Thank you!!
Anonymous on Jun 29, 2013
Hello and welcome to my shop, Davo and the Lake!
I am an environmental scientist who make things inspired by the beauty of Australia in her spare time, such as skincare products and textile and ceramic pieces. I hope you can enjoy my creations as much as I like making them!
Owner, Maker, Designer
I am an environmental scientist who make things inspired by the beauty of Australia in her spare time, such as textile and ceramic pieces. I am also getting more and more involved in making natural skincare and household products as I learn how unethical, environmentally damaging and unhealthy most of the chemical concoctions available in shops really are.
My ceramics are created in my small studio at Manyana, on the south coast of New South Wales, Australia, and my textiles are screen printed by hand by myself. I make my own printing screens and use non-toxic, water based fabric inks, that are heat sealed for permanence. As the fabric is hand printed, there are natural variations in each item which adds to its unique quality.
I am dedicated to providing skincare products made with all-natural ingredients for an all-natural experience.
- I make my soap and skincare products from scratch using 100% raw ingredients.
- I do NOT use commercially produced soap bases, paraben preservatives, pthalates, artificial dyes, sulfates, detergents, artificial fragrances, artificial lathering agents such as SLS or other synthetic derivatives.
- I use quality vegetable oils, and I NEVER use palm oil or its bi-products.
- I also don’t use filler oils like soy or canola.
- I use the traditional Cold Process Soap making method in wooden molds, then cut each bar by hand and leave it to cure for a firmer longer-lasting soap.
- I use only natural exfoliants such as loofah, pumice and ground leaves.
- I use only natural colourants such as clays, charcoal and chlorophyll.
- I use only 100% essential oils for creating fragrances.
- I strongly believe in full disclosure of all ingredients. You will find a full listing for every one of my products, telling you exactly what is inside.My products are free from "animal" testing. My products and the ingredients I use are not tested on any other animals besides consenting human beings.
Thanks again for visiting my shop!
Accepted payment methods
If you require insurance or have any other specific shipping requests, please let me know and I can provide a quote. Please note that I cannot replace uninsured items lost or damaged in the post. Any additional customs charges are the responsibility of the buyer.
Refunds and Exchanges
In the unlikely event that the product is faulty it will be replaced or a refund given if returned within 30 days of purchase and in original condition. Shipping costs for return are the responsibility of the buyer. Please note that because my products are 100% natural and hand made, individual batches may vary slightly in texture, appearance or smell. This in no way affects quality and cannot be the reason alone for a request for returns.