Erik Haan on Jan 13, 2017
Arrived in time for Christmas when the seller advised it probably wouldn't. I am a happy camper about that and it looks beautiful.
How it all began...
Right after we moved into our first home I dug right into setting up my backyard garden. I purchased a plethora of expensive specialty mail order plants, garden tools, topsoil and set out to have a gorgeous bloom-filled terrain by the end of Spring. Unfortunately I had very little experience and soon discovered caring for a garden was a lot of work and planning, the latter I had failed at miserably. Many of the plants didn't make it and I ended the Summer feeling defeated and discouraged. When we moved into our current home my gardening challenges were amplified by the very shady location of my new space. I noticed that no matter how many shade-loving species I tried just about the only thing that really flourished was a carpet of green moss that I was previously trying to cover up. At first I was less than thrilled, but eventually I learned to love that die hard plant more than any other. At this point an old mason jar seemed like an appropriate home for this newly discovered plant and my very first terrarium was born.
Over the next few years I perfected my technique and design and have since blossomed into a full blown terrarium enthusiast. Finally, a plant that was practically fool proof!
My work space/studio has also evolved over time from originally taking over my entire living room to now having a designated area for working and storage.
Primarily I still do everything myself after 8 years in business from shopping for supplies to creating, constructing, and packing. I also must thank my very helpful husband and daughter for supporting me in my endeavors.
Join me on INSTAGRAM for more behind the scenes tidbits and specials!
Owner, Designer, Creator
I love anything miniature, from tiny plants to tiny critters. Spending time in nature enjoying the little things most people pass by is when I am most happy.
Some of my favorite passtimes are realistic drawing, painting, and making terrariums. I enjoy helping my mom create and ship terrariums.
Nature is where I feel at home and beg incessantly to be let out to which I take my time actually going out so as not to seem desperate. I also enjoy small critters such as bugs and plants such as grass, preferably in my belly.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
● Sales tax is automatically added to Minnesota addresses.
● INTERNATIONAL ORDERS AND CUSTOMS FEES:
International customers are responsible for any charges that importing packages might incur. Calculate duty fees here: www.dutycalculator.com
● PLEASE ALLOW AT LEAST 14 DAYS FOR DELIVERY. Orders are almost always processed in the order they are received. Processing orders usually takes about 12-14 days followed by the actual time it takes to arrive at your home once shipped.
Refunds and Exchanges
---HOW TO REPORT DAMAGE---
1. Take photo of damaged packaging (smashed box, dents, etc).
2. Take photo of interior damage (item still in package broken) if possible.
3. Take photo of item damage (do not unpack if glass is shattered to avoid injury, just try to get the best photo possible).
4. Send me a message with photos and description.
5. You will be contacted within 24 hours explaining the next steps of the claim process.
● Lost Package? On extremely rare occasions packages are shown as delivered via delivery confirmation/tracking but a customer reports it stolen or missing. In such a case please contact me as soon as possible to start the insurance claim process through USPS.
● Terrariums are perishable and fragile items and for that reason CANNOT be returned or exchanged.
● CANCELLATION POLICY: You may cancel an order for up to 24 hours following the purchase for a full refund (unless it has shipped). Custom orders cannot be cancelled with the exception of extreme circumstances and will be determined by the shop owner.
Additional policies and FAQs
Frequently asked questions
Gift wrapping and packaging
Terrariums are packaged with great care keeping safety in mind. Because of that reason, gift wrapping is not an option. However, a personalized gift card is available upon request and is free of charge.
Custom and personalized orders
Custom orders are non-refundable and may take longer to process. If a custom order is cancelled there will be a fee to cover the cost of materials.
If your package is returned to the sender...
If your package is returned due to an incomplete or undeliverable address you will have the option of a replacement (with additional shipping fees) or a refund in full (minus the shipping fees).
I do not work on consignment or wholesale at this time. However a discount may be offered on large quantities ordered upfront. Contact me for details.
How are terrariums packaged and shipped?
Terrariums are packaged with great care. Packing material is used both inside and outside the jar so that the contents are not jumbled around during shipping. Any terrarium containing live plants should be unpacked immediately after arrival. Plants cannot survive long periods of time inside the box or with packing material covering them. If you need to keep the terrarium in the box then place it in the refrigerator until needed. This will keep the plant fresh (simulating winter conditions) and green. Remember to remove the packing material prior to storage.