Announcement Thank you for visiting my shop! I am taking a break, but have a few things available just thru Instagram story highlights... find me there instead for now! @elemenopyshop
Thank you for visiting my shop! I am taking a break, but have a few things available just thru Instagram story highlights... find me there instead for now! @elemenopyshop
I have just so many beads. Take them from me.
..:: LITHIA DANGLES ::..
An updated and elevated version of hook and dangle earrings I would have made as a teenager in the 1990s. Mixed media (glass, lucite, metal, stone), mostly vintage leaning, sometimes with some contemporary materials.
..:: DECO DROPS ::..
Bold statement post earrings made mostly of vintage lucite, with the occasional contemporary resin thrown in. Usually multiple beads on a single drop for less movement and more structure.
..:: DECO DANGLES ::..
Lighter, longer, and more articulated than the Deco Drops. A similar makeup of materials, but in the smaller variety in order to be longer and jauntier without worrying about the weight.
..:: ELEMENOPY ANEMONES ::..
Hand- and loom-woven seed bead fringe earrings. Color and organic movement are the stars of the show here. A stable tightly-woven semi-circle in a single color creates the base from which frilly sprigs of another playful color (or two) are born.
..:: HALF MOONS ::..
Loom-woven structural seed bead semi-circles in interesting combinations of colors and patterns. These are informed less by nature, and more by graphic, linear, modern design. Commonly color block or windowpane grid designs.
..:: KEYCHAINS ::..
Cool and colorful chunky beaded keychains strung with hot colors and shapes of vintage and contemporary materials. Color block statement fobs are often 80s inspired, and are a great way to use large beads that are too heavy for earrings.
..:: MY WORK ::..
I learned to bead and create jewelry as a tot, but didn't really delve into it until I was in college, when I worked for many years in a bead shop with a beautiful aesthetic. The shop stocked some truly (actually!) unique and vintage pieces, and working there allowed me to travel to many trade shows, which meant finding even more cool stuff. Over the years, I grew accustomed to having interesting beads and findings around--items that a person couldn't pick up just anywhere. Luckily for us all, the ol' internet has made it much easier to find cool and interesting beads and jewelry, so even though I have long since moved on from that job, I am still always on the hunt. I cannot get enough! (But I totally have enough.) (But never enough!) (But really. enough.) (NO!!)
I find inspiration in all sorts of places beyond jewelry itself: textiles, clothing, ceramics, prints and paintings, etc. I have a frenzied desire to use the bright colors and wild shapes and combinations of the pop art scene and Memphis Group artists. There's nothing better than a huge, bright, audacious pair of postmodern earrings! I love using vintage plastics and lucites for that reason--they allow for some BIG, outrageous, and inexpensive pieces without tearing your earholes out. There are also some really great contemporary resin beads out there that are super interesting, and I love using those too.
Working with seed beads is so fun because of the variety of colors and the many possibilities for movement AND stability. I employ both loom- and hand-weaving techniques, depending on the requirement of the piece. I prefer bold graphic designs over traditional beadwork, so I'm always trying to avoid the norm with my woven pieces. Be it wild color combos, interesting patterns, experimental shapes, etc, I'm just trying to break out of the dang mold, y'all!
Drop me a line any time about any old thing--I'd love to answer any questions or just shoot the breeze with ya. And see my FAQs here for more info!
Owner, Creator, All Of It Dude
CRAFTSWOMAN! CRAFTSWOMAN! People are cheering for it
Accepted payment methods
Returns & exchanges
To fulfill your order, via Etsy, you provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, mailing/billing address, and the details of the product you are ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewelry, for example), if you contact me directly. I do not store this data outside of my Etsy account, or use it in any way other than fulfilling orders, providing customer support, or replying to direct inquiries. I never see your credit card number or banking information. I will never use information collected through Etsy to send you unsolicited marketing material.
I will never share any of your information provided for order fulfillment, requests, or marketing, regardless of how/where it was collected with the following exceptions:
• Delivery service providers (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc). I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services (name and address).
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
◊◊ HOW LONG I RETAIN THE INFORMATION I COLLECT ◊◊
◊◊ YOUR RIGHTS ◊◊
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
◊◊ HOW TO CONTACT ME ◊◊
Ultimately, I, Alison Schmidt, am the data controller of your personal information that you have authorized for sales and/or marketing use. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at elemenopyshop [!at] gmail.com. Alternately, you may mail me at:
Alison Schmidt • PO Box 2536 • Nevada City, CA 95959 • USA
Frequently asked questions
What if I have sensitive skin?
I use surgical steel and silver- or gold-plated unless otherwise noted, but although it is considered hypoallergenic, it can still contains metals that can still affect people with sensitive skin. If you are worried about this, please choose the metal upgrade available for the item you're interested in, and choose sterling silver or 14/20 gold filled. If your item does not have a metal upgrade available, please convo me because I might be able to create one for you for an extra charge.
What does ''OOAK'' mean?
One of a kind! It will be yours and yours alone! There are a few reasons something would be marked OOAK:
1. An item is made with component(s) that are one of a kind themselves--so once they are used, that's it!
2. I had only enough of one or more of the components to make the one item.
3. Even though I *could* technically make the item again, I won’t. When I deem something OOAK, it means I won't make it again for anybody else, even if it's globally revered! (I might make something similar that is inspired by it, though!) This means if your OOAK item gets lost in the mail (see Refund Policy), it is possible I could recreate it, or come close.
Do you offer clip-on earrings?
I have a few types of clip-on earring findings available--convo me to see if I have something that can work for you and the item you're interested in.
You used to have something that I don't see anymore! Any chance I can still get it?
If you have found your way here via an old listing that is no longer available, or if you remember something/saw it on Instagram, or see something in my sold listings, there is a chance that I can still offer that item! I cannot guarantee this for everything of course, but please don't hesitate to convo me and ask! The only definite exception would be if it is a SOLD listing marked as one of a kind (OOAK). But even then, hit me up, and perhaps I can come up with something similar. ;)
When a listing is made with something marked “vintage,” what does that mean?
I use TONS of vintage beads (and sometimes even findings) in my jewelry. I love working with resin/lucite/acrylic, but lets face it, this is all plastic! I prefer not to use newly manufactured plastic beads because we all use and dispose of enough plastic just LIVING in this world!! There are some exceptions, but I try to stick to vintage as much as I can. Plus the colors can be so much more interesting! If I designate a component of my jewelry as “vintage” in the description, that means that the item is from the 20th century. I have beads from the 20s through the 90s! Almost all of this is "new old stock" or "deadstock" (never used before, but old). Some has been salvaged or repurposed.