ElegantlyStoned26's Shop Policies
Welcome to my Etsy/Facebook page, Elegantly Stoned!
I love jewelry and I love making jewelry. I am starting this store with primarily necklaces. As time goes on, coordinating pieces like earrings and bracelets may be added. For now, let's just enjoy what goes around our necks - this is what people see. They pay us compliments, and we all love compliments!
I accept primarily Paypal, because everyone uses it online it seems. I cannot accept debit or credit cards outside of Paypal. If you prefer to send a cashier's type check or money order, that is fine, but shipment will not be made until it clears.
I give feedback here on Etsy (as I have with eBay too) to fast payers with hassle-free transactions. As soon as payment clears, I will ship your order. Likely transit methods will be USPS. I use care in packaging fragile materials. I encourage recycling of shipping materials.
My quoted shipping costs are exclusive of insurance. Should you want insurance, please add standard USPS insurance costs.
Refunds and Exchanges
I want 'happy camper' customers! I believe in my work, the honesty of my listings, etc. I want you to be happy with your purchase.
Here is my stance on handmade jewelry, please read it carefully:
I try my hardest to secure all findings, finishes, endings, etc., on each piece. I try to use materials that work well together (for example, a strong enough lobster clasp for a heavier necklace; a lighter clasp for lightweight necklace). ANY PIECE of jewelry from ANY store ANYWHERE can break. I do not want my pieces to come apart. I often make a piece, keep it, wear it, to test its durability. If you buy a piece from me and something comes apart, please do the following:
* notify me ASAP, via email, Etsy, etc.
* tell me what happened
* try to save as many pieces as possible (beads, catches, etc.)
We can arrange for you to either:
1) send me the damaged piece and I will fix it for free (and reimburse your postal costs, but please try to use an inexpensive method!), and I will reship it to you repaired.
2) you can try and fix it yourself (it may be easier than you think)
3) you can return the product to me, and I can refund your purchase price (item only, not the shipping; that is a third party cost)
4) and if it is an absolute disaster and the Southern Pacific railroad car ran over the piece, crushing it into a million pieces, then I will just send you a refund for the item cost only. (Sorry I must say this, because there is always someone who wants something for nothing)
5) if you take your Black and Decker hedge clippers and deliberately cut the necklace in half, there is nothing I can do for you, sorry!
IF YOU SIMPLY DO NOT LIKE THE PIECE, you can return it for a full refund of your purchase price. However, the cost to return it to me is YOUR COST. I will refund you your item cost plus your original shipping cost when you bought it.
IF YOUR PIECE ARRIVES DAMAGED, then we get the postal service or whomever, involved. I do suggest buying insurance, really. I cannot be held responsible for damages to pieces causes by the carrier.
For your integrity and consideration, I offer a referral fee (see "additional information" section below).
Additional Policies and FAQs
If you refer a friend who in turn purchases an item from me valued (listing price) of at least $55.00, (and has completed a satisfactory transaction - they kept the piece), I will send you $10 for each referral. Refer 5 people, that is $50 for you; that is a new necklace!
I welcome your comments. Please feel free to shoot me a line. As mentioned on my Etsy profile, I am also Christen26 on eBay, where I maintain a slow but steady 100% feedback rating as both a buyer and seller. I strive to maintain quality transactions and communication.
Last Updated September 11, 2011