Announcement Talk to me! If you want to haggle over price or postage, let me know. I'm willing to negotiate on most items.
Talk to me! If you want to haggle over price or postage, let me know. I'm willing to negotiate on most items.
- All 217
- Craft Supplies 24
- Vintage Jewelry 20
- Vintage China 16
- Vintage Books 15
- Vintage Pottery 20
- Vintage Glass 25
- Vintage Christmas 37
- Vintage Animal Figurines 26
- Vintage Odds and Ends 17
- Vintage Clothing 4
- Vintage Wood 12
SeaGypsyStudio on Feb 24, 2017
A sweet little vase! It arrived carefully wrapped and right on time!
I started my Etsy shop when I lost a writing job, which gave my hands plenty of free time to begin creating again. I started out selling my own creations...mostly jewelry. I didn't begin to sell vintage items until 2014. My mother died from a rare bile duct cancer (cholangeocarcinoma) in June of that year, and my father entrusted me with her jewelry and other items that we needed to sell.
Then, a year after my mother's death, my husband died unexpectedly. He also was a collector and a basket-maker, so I had my hands full. Then, I had to close my shop for almost a full year (2016) while I recovered from various surgeries and depression. That is why you won't see any reviews or sold items during that year.
Now it gives me great joy to send my loved ones' items off to homes that appreciate vintage items and crafts. Thanks to those individuals who have joyfully sent photos of their new items with their current collections. You fill my heart.
Around the web
Owner, Designer, Maker, Curator, Jewelry, Art, Fashion, Design
I am a writer, artist, poet, and entrepreneur with experiences in marketing, event planning, graphic design, and shopping! I also hold 13 Colorado Press Association awards, a master's degree in history, and enjoy landscaping and gardening.
I make every one of my own jewelry designs by hand, and -- while I may replicate a design with different colors -- you can rest assured that I will never replicate your jewelry choice when using stones or beads. Crochet jewelry may be duplicated (especially earrings), but I am not a mass-production studio. If you and your friends want similar jewelry items, I can respect that wish if materials are available.
All artwork and photography, if available, also are my creations.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
Digital downloads? You can avoid shipping! Once you payment clears, the download is on its way to you via email.
Crochet jewelry, especially earrings, may go regular mail, and any vintage books under $25 may arrive by media mail. Additional shipping costs may occur if you want to upgrade your shipping or want rush delivery. Please feel free to send a message to me to learn more about your choices. If you live locally, please message about elimination of postage costs if we can agree on hand delivery.
Now for the hard-core stuff, which I need to provide to protect both myself and you, as well as the merchandise you plan to purchase. I am the SELLER, you are the BUYER, and the merchandise is the GOODS:
1. As a SELLER, I agree to send merchandise to the BUYER within one to two business days as stipulated in the agreement unless otherwise notified. SELLER's payment must be received in full before sending GOODS out the door.
2. The risk of loss from any casualty to the GOODS, regardless of the cause, will be the responsibility of the BUYER once the SELLER ships the GOODS.
3. BUYER will have the right to inspect the GOODS upon receipt and within two (2) business days after delivery, BUYER must give notice to SELLER of any claim for damages on account of condition, quality, or grade of the GOODS, and BUYER must specify the basis of the claim in detail. Failure of BUYER to comply with these conditions will constitute irrevocable acceptance of the GOODS by BUYER.
4. SELLER may, without liability, delay performance or cancel this agreement to sell on account of force majeure events or other circumstances beyond its control, including, but not limited to, strikes, acts of God, political unrest, terrorism, embargo, failure of course of supply, or casualty.
5. All vintage GOODS are sold as is, with no guarantees or warranties. All vintage items are over 20 years old, and you know how you felt once you left your teen years. I have stated, in all instances, the condition of the GOODS to the best of my ability. If you have questions, ask SELLER about GOODS before purchasing the item.
Refunds and Exchanges
If the item is damaged when you receive it, you must contact the company that shipped the object to you (usually USPS). I am not responsible for damaged boxes or any materials damaged in transit. If the product inside that box was damaged, know that I always carry insurance for the price of the product, but not for the shipping.
With that said, I had one BUYER who basically tore an item apart and returned it, with the BUYER stating that it arrived in that condition. Not believable. I won't tolerate that abuse. Agreed? Agreed.
With that said, I have plenty of happy customers, and all customers who spent over $50 discussed their purchases with me before they purchased the item. Never hesitate to contact me to discuss an item in question, because I am here to answer your questions. I want you to be happy, and I want my items to find happy homes.
If you purchase my hand-made jewelry and it breaks within six months of use, you can return the item and I will be happy to try to fix the piece if you pay for the postage and the cost of fixing the item (I charge $25 per hour). It might be less expensive if you take the piece to a local jeweler for repair. I cannot replace broken stones or beads, as those items often are not available. Since I often use rare or vintage items in my creations, those pieces may be irreplaceable. Please notify me about problems before you ship a broken item back to me, so we can discuss the least expensive and quickest way for repair.
Please remember that most jewelry is not meant to last forever. Beads can wear on the string they are strung on, wire can break, and crochet or other fabric can deteriorate. Instructions are included in the description of each piece I make on how to best care for it. Hopefully, the jewelry you purchase will last a long time if you value that item and take the best care that you can.
Policy re: Etsy on digital downloads: No refunds. Ever. Period.