- All 1232
- dresses 167
- tops, vests, swimwear 102
- skirts,shorts,pants 159
- jacket, blazer, sweater 231
- shoes, boots, heels 141
- accessories, purses 216
- gentlemen 148
- children, girls, boys 11
- home decor, housewares 57
skestrel on Jul 12, 2016
The denim skirt is wonderful and in perfect condition, exactly as described.
Doreen Sweitzer on Jul 12, 2016
The bathing suit is pretty and arrived in a timely fashion. However, as all used suits, it is slightly stretched around the leg openings.
One sunny day after school, my sister decided to take me along with her to our local thrift store. I have never seen so many neat and unique things before and for very little money! A necessity for an 11 year old girl! That day was the day that hunting for vintage spoke to my soul.
Thrifting became my outlet for scoring those special vintage pieces during my crazy phases growing up. First there was my punk rock phase when I would rock my purple docs and a 50's tulle dress with orange manic panic in my hair ...my hippie phase when I lived in Indian sari tunics and wore bells in my dreads...my Goth phase when black was a necessity and Siouxsie Sioux was my idol...my Victorian phase when I could never have enough lace and jewelry with hearts...and last but not least, my raving phase when high platform boots, 70's leather jackets, 50's fur collars and amber jewelry all became one. I cherish every single one of those experiences because it was those experiences that have created and shaped my eclectic sense of style to what it is today.
Stumbling upon Etsy was the beginning of the next phase of my life...my life as a vintage shop owner. And since my new vintage shop resides in our new home, which is full of ancient oaks and small town country living, I felt it fitting to name my shop after the street where it all began...Green Canyon Road. Now I have a place to share all of my eclectic vintage treasures with all the world.
Opening my shop on Etsy has given me the opportunity to not only continue thrifting and bring home all the pretty vintage lovelies I happen to come across, but most importantly, allows me the chance to live out my dream and share my vintage finds with those who will truly appreciate and treasure them always...to those whom vintage speaks to their soul.
*** Please join me on Facebook and Twitter for sneak peaks, secret sales and chit chat about life, inspiration and vintage ***
Owner, Curator, The Girl Behind The Curtain
I love all different styles from every period and era and this is exactly what you will find here in my shop. ..a little something to fit your every mood! I pride myself in presenting you with exceptional vintage pieces hand selected for style, silhouette and above all quality.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions... I am always happy to hear from you!
xoxo ~ Denise
Accepted payment methods
- PayPal can be utilized without opening an account. Simply click the 'Pay through PayPal' button, then at the bottom you will find the link 'Don't have a PayPal Account?' that will allow you to enter any card you choose
-Sales tax of 8% will be charged to all California residents upon checkout
- I ship within 24-48 hours from California
- Domestic orders are shipped through the USPS First Class Mail, Priority Mail or Parcel Post Mail for heavier items
- Delivery of first class mail is 2-5 business days, priority mail is estimated between 2-3 business days and Parcel Post is between 2-9 business days. Holidays may delay the estimated delivery time.
- Please contact me prior to purchasing if you need expedited shipping
- Items will be shipped via USPS First Class International, which typically takes between 2-3 weeks for delivery. Holidays may delay the estimated delivery time
- Tracking numbers are not available for USPS First Class. If you would like tracking, an upgrade to Registered Mail will be necessary and must be requested by the buyer
- If the item or items weigh over four pounds, the package will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail
- International buyers are responsible for all customs charges, taxes, and fees
Refunds and Exchanges
- If you would like to exchange an item or receive store credit, please contact me within 3 days of receiving your item for an exchange authorization
-Exchanged items must be shipped with tracking within 7 days of receipt.
-Items returned within 7 days in their original condition are given exchanges/store credit for the purchase price, less shipping
-Exchanges/store credit can be used within 6 months from the issue date
- Please be aware that there may be slight color variations between an item and the photos due to differences in computer settings
- Please contact me with any questions you may have prior to purchasing an item. I strive for superior customer service and will answer all of your questions quickly
Additional policies and FAQs
- Compare the item to the measurements of something you already own that has a similar style, cut and fabric ... but most importantly fits you well
- All clothing measurements are taken edge to edge with the garment lying flat
- Remember that bust, waist, and hip measurements are always doubled
- Please note that these are not body measurements, but are the measurements of the garment. It is best to allow a little bit of room for movement ... 1" is generally the best measure
- Remember that most vintage clothing sizes differ from modern sizes, so comparing measurements will ensure you have the proper fit
*** Tips for the best footwear fit ***
- Compare the item to the measurements of something you already own that has a similar style, cut and material ... but most importantly fits you well
- To measure the sole length of boots, place the tape measure along the outside contour of the boot and measure from toe to heel
- Insole measurements are taken inside the shoe from heel to tip
- Remember that most vintage shoe/boot sizes differ from modern sizes, so comparing measurements will ensure you have the proper fit