nmgaughan on Oct 19, 2016
Jennifer does amazing work! The jewelry rolls she made turned out beautifully. Jennifer is great to work with and gives great suggestions too!
Boutique Accessories, Custom Bridal, Designer Home
The process of starting my business happened quite organically. Growing up in a family of artisans, craftspersons and entrepreneurs in Decatur, GA, I always felt I had an artsy soul. As an avid DIY-er and lover of all things crafty, I knew I wanted to do something career-wise that incorporated all of my passions.
In 2007, I acquired a BFA in Interior Design from the University of Georgia and ended up working for several interior design firms in Georgia, Connecticut and Massachusetts. I loved designing spaces for clients, selecting materials and furnishings, but ultimately found myself wanting to be more hands-on with my art and to share my creative passions with a larger audience. In 2009, I bought a single sewing pattern from another Etsy artisan for a women's fabric wallet to make and give as Christmas gifts to my family and friends that year. In the process, I ended up teaching myself to sew and the obsession began!
In 2010, I set up my first online shop here on Etsy. J. Carter Handmade is a one-woman show, backed by the loving support of my wonderful husband, Daimon, and young son Johnathan. All of my items are individually handcrafted to order in my home studio, and then packaged and shipped right to your door. I try to purchase all of my supplies locally within the United States, and truly enjoy the entire creative process - from the pattern making and design work, to the photography and packaging of my products. (I even use my Interior Design background to draft my sewing patterns in AutoCAD ;)
While I still design interior spaces on the side, I have found I have a true passion for accessory design. Designing an accessory is like designing a room in a way ... but portable, and all wrapped up in one tiny package! My hope is to have all of my products not only reflect my own sense of personal décor, but to evoke personal style in everyone that owns one of my items.
Cheers, and thanks for stopping by!
Welcome! I am an interior and product designer with an absolute passion for fabric, color and pattern!
* Shop my READY TO SHIP gifts here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/JCarterHandmade/search?search_query=ready+to+ship&order=date_desc&view_type=gallery&page=1
All images and designs © 2010-2015 Jennifer Carter, J. Carter Handmade
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
- Other Method
Payment is due at the time of your order, and must be received before I will ship out an item or begin the production of your piece. If you do not pay for your order within 3 business days, I reserve the right to cancel the sale. Please let me know if you are experiencing difficulties processing your payment - communication is greatly appreciated!
Please contact me before making a purchase from my shop with a J.Carter Handmade Gift Certificate. I will enable the "Other" option for you to select as your form of payment, and you will then be able to enter your unique code in the "Note" during checkout. If there is a balance due, I will email a revised PayPal invoice.
Georgia Sales Tax:
A 7% sales tax rate will be applied to all purchases shipping to GA, United States.
✥ CURRENT PRODUCTION TIMES:
• Gift Certificates - emailed within 24hrs
• READY-TO-SHIP items - shipped within 1-2 bus. days
• MADE-TO-ORDER items - 1-2 items: 5-7 bus. days; 3+ items: 7-10 bus. days
• CUSTOM & LARGE BRIDAL ORDERS - 2-3 weeks/ contact me for a quote
✥ SHIPPING INFO:
**Please make sure your shipping address on Etsy is correct.**
I am happy to ship ANYWHERE. Please feel free to contact me if you would to upgrade to a faster shipping method, or would like to add insurance or signature confirmation to your order (services not included in the shipping prices).
• All US orders are shipped via USPS First Class Mail (2-4 bus. days) with tracking and delivery confirmation included. Shipping information is emailed to every customer upon shipping your order. You can also check your Etsy Account for tracking details.
• If a faster shipping method is required, please select this at checkout. Priority Mail (1-3 bus. days) and Priority Express Mail (1-2 bus. days) upgrades are available.
• All international orders are shipped via USPS First Class International Mail (estimated delivery in 2-3 weeks, but can take longer depending on your location & customs -- sometimes 30-45 days).
• J. Carter Handmade is not responsible for any lost or stolen packages once they are shipped. Shipping times are estimated by USPS, but not guaranteed. You must contact your local post office for tracking or filing a claim.
• Please Note: A shipping confirmation will be emailed with every order upon shipping, however TRACKING IS NOT AVAILABLE for First Class international packages once your order leaves the US. USPS will update the tracking when it goes through customs in your country. If you'd like to be able to fully track your package, please contact me for a registered mail quote, adding insurance, or upgrading your shipping method to USPS Priority (6-10 bus. days) or Express Mail (3-5 bus. days).
• Insurance - Shipping prices do not include insurance, however I highly recommend adding insurance to international shipments. It is a small price to pay for items that could possibly get lost in customs or arrive damaged. Claims for lost or damaged items cannot be filed by US Post Office for First Class or Priority International packages without insurance. Feel free to contact me for a quote before purchasing.
* All international items are marked as "merchandise" upon shipping. Buyer is responsible for paying any and all customs/duties/VAT tax/Local Tax if necessary on packages. I do not have the ability to mark an item as "gift" through Etsy.
Refunds and Exchanges
J. Carter Handmade is not responsible for any lost or stolen packages once they are shipped. Shipping times are estimated by USPS, but not guaranteed. You must contact your local post office for tracking or filing a claim.
Additional policies and FAQs
I love custom orders! If you like the items in my shop, but just don't see one in the perfect fabric, then design your own! This is a great way to personalize a gift for yourself or someone special.
If you're looking for a unique gift for your bridesmaids or bridal party - I'd love to help you create a special batch of items for your special day! You can design around your wedding color scheme or personalize a gift for each recipient - the possibilities are endless!
My complete Fabric Inventory is available here online:
http://www.slickpic.com/users/JCarterHandmade/gallery/?viewer Seeing all my fabrics together can be a bit overwhelming, but I'm here to help! Please do not hesitate to send me a message if you need any assistance with coordinating fabrics, need to order swatches or would like to see a larger image of any fabric.