HMSsurprise on Mar 18, 2017
I am a repeat customer because of Karen's beautiful work and amazing customer service. She is so responsive and ships lightening fast - ESPECIALLY considering she is making custom orders! Most recently I needed one of her knot tie backs for a tiny window with a tiny curtain; she made a custom knot in smaller proportions for me that is THE CUTEST EVER. Here it's pictured on a hand towel since I don't have the curtain yet.
Creating is pure pleasure.
Growing up by the sea on the beautiful shores of Newquay, Cornwall, England I followed in my fathers footsteps to the sea becoming a sailor myself and now live, work and enjoy life in Muskoka, Ontario, Canada.
I live deep in the woods in a log cabin with a wonderful man who builds handcrafted wooden boats. Together we love to follow our dreams whether on sailing trips or as we are right now, building a PassiveHouse (Eco home with new studios), we enjoy working at chosen our professions they seem to compliment each other.
I hope it comes across in my work. It gets very busy in the summer with weddings and local summer shows, but I pride myself in ensuring that I work to give the best service I can to every customer. I enjoy answering your questions and making sure your purchase from me is a personal and pleasant one. My cotton rope is from the USA and made for me, my hemp & jute rope from Europe, my manila is from the Philippines and my sisal from Brazil and you are welcome to ask about any of the other ropes listed. You are welcome to ask anything, no question too small.
I will always be a sailor, but we are in the midst of building the new "Beech House" & Studio (so no immediate sailing adventures planned) I look forward to having a studio open to the public. An exciting time. Etsy was remains my first love, this is where I began 7 years ago and will continue to sell. Why not follow my our future journey on Facebook or Instagram?
I am a proud member of the OhCanadaTeam and Team Muskoka
I have another shop on Etsy: KarensWeddingShop.etsy.com
Owner, Creator, Designer
I grew up by the sea in England, a new Canadian I live by the lakes in Canada. Knots are a big part of my life and I now share them with you, making home and wedding decor from my home in Muskoka, Ontario, Canada.
Shipper, Support, Studio Builder
Mark, my husband, is a busy Wooden Boat Builder, Writer and Sailor and has taken the time to help me in my busiest times. At present he is busy building us a new home and studio
Lucy provides us with unlimited entertainment, love and affection. The most important part of our team she lets us know it. She makes a great model too.
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Digital downloads
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)
Frequently asked questions
• USA/CANADA under $14 will be sent “small packet” via Canada Post/United States Postal Service - NO TRACKING & NO INSURANCE - ask if you have questions/tracking services are available just ask before purchasing (if lost you have no insurance)
• USA/CANADA - Parcels over $15 are shipped WITH TRACKING and WITH INSURANCE by Canada Post/United States Postal Service or Purolator/UPS.
• INTERNATIONALLY (Not Canada/USA) Parcel are sent "small packet" via Canada Post - NO TRACKING & NO INSURANCE - ask if you have questions/tracking services available.
• WEDDING ORDERS – Each Wedding ask for a date. Ensuring they arrive in plenty of time. I am extra cautious. Ask if your wedding is sooner or if you have worries. All CANADA/USA are WITH insura
Canada/USA - Tracking/Signatures
• CANADA/USA - Parcels over $20 are shipped by Purolator/UPS - for your security, they require a signature on delivery, to prevent loss or theft.
•Purolator/UPS will attempt delivery twice, then leave you a ticket with contact details to arrange pickup.
• If you feel confident that a parcel can be left without a signature or you have a safe place to leave your parcel then let me know. I will remove the signature in advance. Not a problem. However, this does remove the insurance on the parcel and the responsibility becomes yours. I prefer my customers to keep the insurance if possible. Please ask if you have questions.
UK Customers Only
On arrival in the UK. My UK Customers are now charged VAT on orders with a value over £15. I would love to send you my parcels, but you will be responsible for any charges from customs. They may hold it for 3 weeks. Please read below.
Custom and personalized orders
Yes, I will consider customized orders. Contact me and I will see what I can do. No refunds given though on customized orders unless faulty. Sorry.
Exchanges are taken on a case by case basis. Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value. There is a small charge to cover fees, packaging and work incurred in this process.
I do give sizing in each listing. Sometimes it can be approx. Mats can be within 1 inch. Contact me with questions.
I love wholesale, but as a one woman operation my discount options are limited, but I am happy to discuss it. Just ask and let's see if I can accommodate you.
Banners/Bunting Minimum Order of 8 Flags
I have a minimum order of 8 flags for my banners.
I hope you don't mind, this allows me to covers my costs and make a profit. If an order is placed for under 8 flags I will refund.