Announcement Welcome to Katie-Claire's Cottage. My boutique features handcrafted fabric and paper creations. I specialize in colorful & playful accessories for kids, moms, and home. Happy shopping & thanks for your visit!
Welcome to Katie-Claire's Cottage. My boutique features handcrafted fabric and paper creations. I specialize in colorful & playful accessories for kids, moms, and home. Happy shopping & thanks for your visit!
helene antoni on Oct 11, 2016
sweet zebra bag. Very well made and carefully packed! Thank you!!!
karengiesbrecht4 on Jun 7, 2016
Beautiful cushion, very well made.
Becky Wallace on Mar 31, 2015
Gorgeous set for a new baby!
Becky Wallace on Mar 31, 2015
Gorgeous set for a little boy
Colorful fabric and pretty paper inspire me to make beautiful things by hand.
Welcome to my boutique of handmade happiness!
My products are designed and handcrafted in my studio in the heart of Europe;
- pouches & bags
- home decor
- one of a kind, heartfelt gifts
I use high quality fabrics and papers. My goal is to offer you a unique product that is one-of-a-kind and created with love and joy!
My studio is pet friendly and smoke free.
Thank you for your interest in my shop and creative process. Here is a short Q&A about me:
Q. Tell us a bit about yourself.
A. My name is Karen, I'm an expat American enjoying life in the picturesque Rhine river valley in Germany with my husband and our three children, two cats and several colonies of honey bees.
Q. How did you start sewing and creating?
I've always been interested in art and design and my college background is in fine arts and art history. Since I was a little girl I've loved to create with paints, pencils, fabrics and textiles. In the past years I've discovered a love for sewing home décor and accessories. My other creative interests include healthy cooking (I work part time in an organic whole foods shop), photography, and our bees, veg patch and flower gardens.
Q. How did you come up with your shop name Katie-Claire's Cottage?
My designs are inspired by my imaginary muse, Katie-Claire – she is the kind of joyful and carefree girl who loves the wind in her hair and the sand under her feet. I imagine she has a cozy and rustic white cottage in the forest near the beach - a gathering place to celebrate the simple little things in life: uplifting colors, the beauty of nature, pretty garden blooms and handmade creativity.
Q. How would you define your style?
My style is a mix of various inspirations - simple country, floral vintage, home-spun craftiness, and bohemian creativity. I love strong and pretty colors, pastels as well as vibrant tones.
Q. What inspires you?
A. Little everyday pleasures never cease to amaze and inspire me. A sunrise, a dandelion, the twinkling stars, heart filling music from Bach to Bowie, hugging my child, birdsong, a smile, chocolate- chip ice-cream, a ladybug, fairy-tales....the list goes on and on!
In the creative process, I'm inspired by the delicious results that occur with mix & match, prints & patterns, and beautiful colors combined together.
Creating an useful and beautiful object out of fabric or paper with my hands is a very satisfying process and I love that I can offer my wares here on etsy.
Q. Where can we find more of you?
A: You can find my designs here in my etsy shop and I also offer my crafts in a few local stores and markets – so if you are in Germany please do not hesitate to send me a convo! Our castle & vineyard town is a favorite tourist stop along the river. You can also find my photos, recipes, and lots of pretty things on my blog. I'd love to see you there!
Owner, Maker, Designer, Photographer
Accepted payment methods
Section 1 – Vendor, inclusion by reference of the General Terms and Conditions
(1) The vendor and contracting party for the merchandise presented in the Etsy shop „Katie-Claire's Cottage“ is Karen Hofius, Erlengrund 3, 56154 Boppard, Germany, Phone 0049 (0)6742 899791 KatieClairesCottage [!at] gmail.com (referred to herein below as the “Vendor“ for short).
(2) The present General Terms and Conditions are a component part of any contractual agreement made between the Vendor and the respective customer. The Vendor hereby objects to any terms and conditions that the customer may have established and that contradict the present General Terms and Conditions.
Section 2 – Merchandise offered and conclusion of contract
(1) The Vendor is offering the articles presented in the Etsy shop „Katie-Claire's Cottage“ for sale to other Etsy users. The colors of the articles shown on the website may vary slightly depending on the internet browser and monitor settings used by customers; these variations are technically unavoidable.
(2) The selection of merchandise, conclusion of contract and implementation of the agreement shall take place in English.
(3) The Vendor shall deliver the merchandise to destinations in Germany and all other countries of the European Union, Europe, North America and Australia.
(4) Customers shall select the merchandise desired by placing it in their „Cart” by clicking on the button „Add to Cart“ . The order will be conclusively placed with the Vendor by clicking on the button „Submit Order” within the „Review & Complete” step. Until the order is transmitted to the Vendor, customers have the opportunity to review, at any time, the data they have input when placing the order, to modify them or to completely discontinue the order.
(5) The Vendor is making a binding sales offer for the merchandise presented in its shop. By transmitting the order using the button „Submit Order” within the step of order „Review & Complete”, the customer accepts the sales offer. The Vendor shall confirm the conclusion of the contract by e-mail (contract confirmation).
(6) The content of the contracts concluded is stored in the customer’s Etsy user account and may be viewed by the customer at any time in the Etsy portal by clicking on the item „Purchases“ in the „Your Account” menu.
(7) The Vendor shall inform the customer by e-mail of any impediments preventing the delivery from being made, or of any other circumstances that might prevent contractual performance.
Section 3 – Prices and payment
(1) All product prices are end prices in Euro plus shipping costs. Prices will not include turnover tax in the amount of 19% (VAT, Umsatzsteuer) as the Vendor is using the German small business rule in which no additional taxing is necessary. (“Kleinunternehmerregelung § 19 Abs. 1 Umsatzsteuergesetz – UstG”)
(2) The shipping costs are listed in the respective product description in section „Deliver/Ship to... / Cost“ .
(3) Where deliveries are made to countries outside the European Union customs or acquisition tax for imported goods may have to be paid by the customer to the customs authorities upon receipt of the shipment. These duties will accrue in addition to the purchase price and the shipping costs; the Vendor has no means of influencing them.
(4) At the selection of the customer, the Vendor shall deliver the merchandise after pre-payment using PayPal. Any payment shall be made in US Dollar and free of charge for the Vendor.
(5) For all orders, a payment period of one week from the contract confirmation shall apply. For the term of the payment period, the Vendor shall reserve the merchandise ordered by the customer. It is incumbent on the customer to effect payment in such timely manner that the Vendor receives it within the payment period. The Vendor reserves the right to rescind the sale contract and to sell the merchandise to others should the payment not be received by the end of the payment period. Any payment received from the customer following the rescission of the contract shall be reimbursed to the customer.
Section 4 – Shipment, delivery periods
(1) The Vendor shall deliver the merchandise according to the shipment time period as described in the product listing. Items which are already made will be shipped within 2 or 3 business days after the payment is made. If the article (s) are custom-made or made-to-order then shipping time will occur in the time period as described in the product listing.
(2) For deliveries to destinations outside Germany, a period of 2-9 business days, depending on the destination, has to be added to the respective domestic delivery time.
(3) If the customer’s order contains more than one product, all products will be delivered in one single shipment; for this shipment, the longest given delivery period for any of the contained products will apply. If the customer wishes a product to be delivered separately in shorter time, he may place a separate order for that product.
(4) Where a delivery cannot be made because the customer has provided a wrong or incomplete delivery address, an attempt to once again deliver the merchandise shall be made only if the customer accepts to bear the costs of re-shipping the merchandise. The re-shipping costs correspond to the shipping costs agreed at conclusion of contract.
Section 5 – Right of withdrawal for consumers
(1) A customer purchasing as consumer is entitled to a right of withdrawal in accordance with the statutory prerequisites. A consumer means every natural person who enters into a legal transaction for a purpose that is mainly outside his commercial or self-employed professional activity.
(2) The vendor shall grant a 14 day withdrawal period to a consumer having his permanent residence outside of Germany also in those cases in which the national laws applicable to the consumer provide for a shorter period; in derogation herefrom, the withdrawal period for consumers who have their permanent residence in Slovenia is 15 calendar days.
(3) The vendor shall allow any consumer having his permanent residence outside of Germany to transmit an informal declaration of withdrawal even in those cases in which the national laws applicable to the consumer provide for stricter requirements as to form.
(4) The pre-requisites and legal consequences of the German stipulations as to consumers’ rights of withdrawal shall apply to consumers having their permanent residence outside the European Union also in those cases in which the local law of the consumer does not provide for a right of withdrawal.
Section 6 – Warranty
All warranty claims of the customer shall be governed by the statutory regulations.
Section 7 – Data Protection Policy
(1) After the conclusion of the contract Etsy transfers to the vendor the customer’s Etsy user name and their full name and billing address as they are stored in the customer’s user account. If the customer has specified additional information with the order (eg a different delivery address or a phone number), it is also transfered to the vendor.
(2) The vendor shall process the data referred to in paragraph 1 for the performance of the contract, shipping of the merchandise, invoicing and recording payments. For shipping purposes, the vendor may transfer the customer’s name and address to the contracted shipping company.
(3) The data remains stored by the vendor until all claims arising from the order are fully fulfilled and until the applicable commercial and tax law retention periods have expired.
(4) The customer may at any time request information from the vendor about the stored data concerning him. Furthermore, the customer may at any time request the correction of erroneous data.
(5) The controller of data protection is the vendor referred to in section 1 paragraph 1.
(6) To the extent a customer uses the services of PayPal for payment, the data protection provisions established by PayPal shall apply to the payment process. In this context, PayPal shall be taking action as the person employed by the customer in the performance of their obligations, not as a person so employed by the vendor.
Section 8 – Final provisions
(1) The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply, to the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods (UNCISG). However, German law shall not apply to transactions with consumers having their permanent residence abroad to the extent the national laws applicable to those consumers set out provisions that cannot be contracted out to the detriment of the consumers.
(2) Where the customer is a merchant, an entity under public law or special assets (Sondervermögen) under public law, the parties agree that the Vendor’s registered seat shall be the place of jurisdiction.
(3) Should individual provisions of the present General Terms and Conditions prove to be invalid or impossible to implement, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
Refunds and Exchanges
Information concerning the exercise of the right of withdrawal
Right of withdrawal
You have the right to withdraw from this contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform us (Katie-Claire's Cottage, Karen Hofius, Erlengrund 3, 56154 Boppard, Germany, KatieClairesCottage [!at] gmail.com) of your decision to withdraw from this contract by an unequivocal statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail). You may use the attached model withdrawal form, but it is not obligatory.
To meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired.
Effects of withdrawal
If you withdraw from this contract, we shall reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (with the exception of the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from this contract. We will carry out such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement.
We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your withdrawal from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods.
You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
Exceptions from the right of withdrawal
The right of withdrawal shall not exist for contracts regarding the delivery of merchandise that is not prefabricated and is made according to the consumer's individual choice and specifications, or of merchandise that obviously is tailored to meet personal customer requirements.
The right of withdrawal expires prematurely in case of contracts regarding the supply of sealed audio or sealed video recordings or sealed computer software when they are unsealed after delivery.
(complete and return this form only if you wish to withdraw from the contract)
— To Katie Claire's Cottage, Karen Hofius, Erlengrund 3, 56154 Boppard, Germany, KatieClairesCottage [!at] gmail.com :
— I/We (*) hereby give notice that I/We (*) withdraw from my/our (*) contract of sale of the following goods (*) / for the provision of the following service (*),
— Ordered on (*) / received on (*),
— Name of consumer(s),
— Address of consumer(s),
— Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper),
(*) Delete as appropriate.
Additional policies and FAQs
Your purchase will be securely packed and shipped within 1-3 working days of receipt of payment, unless it is a custom order or made-to-order (as noted in the product listing). In most cases, I ship purchases within 24 hours.
In order to reduce waste on our lovely planet, I often use (suitably conditioned) recycled packaging.
Shipping costs are estimates and include my cost of purchasing/storing packaging materials, time and cost of travel to the post office, etc.
All items will be shipped by standard German DHL post. Orders outside of Germany are insured and have a tracking number.
Although it is very unlikely to happen, I am not responsible for items lost or stolen in the mail.
Please note that buyers are responsible for any and all duties and customs charges that may be incurred.