Anonymous on Jul 6, 2012
Perfect! my mom absolutely loved them. Alison was very helpful. Thank you!
Anonymous on Jun 16, 2012
It is impossible to knit and save everything for yourself. (No matter how much you want to)
KnittyTurks has been on a very long vacation, but the good news is I'm working on re-opening my beloved Etsy shop. Spring 2014! I can't wait!!
Owner, I Do Everything!
Hi there! I'm Alison. I love knitting, crocheting, and working from home. I can't wait to get my shop up and running again.
All items are handmade to order unless otherwise stated. Your item may not look exactly like the item in my photos. This is the nature of handmade clothing, each order is unique in color and size according to your wishes.
We do not work from patterns, but from experience and tradition. We are open to custom orders so just convo me your ideas.
Turkish Slipper socks may very slightly in size according to style. They will also soften and form to your unique foot shape over time. If you have your heart set on a certain color please include this with your order and we will do our best to match it.
Small (US women’s sizes 6-7, EU 36-37)
Medium (US women’s sizes 8-9, EU 38-40)
Large (US women’s sizes 10, EU 40-41)
My fingerless gloves stretch to fit most women size S or M. Unless otherwise stated. If you need a larger size please contact me before you order.
If your item is made to order, please allow 1 week for knitting and packaging prior to shipping. If you have ordered more than one item it may take longer. Actual shipping times will very according to location (generally USA is about 3 weeks, 10-15 days for the UK) and all items are shipped from Turkey. Keep in mind that larger or more detailed pieces may take longer to make. I am quite happy to ship anywhere in the world. I will contact you via convos if the project takes more than 1 week to complete.
*Post offices are closed for Turkish Holidays and on the weekend. Check this website for details about Turkish holidays in 2012:
All items are shipped using PTT (Turkish Post) and I will contact you with the shipping date and a tracking number. You can follow your item's journey from this website.
I’ll also appreciate it if you let me know when you have received the item. This makes me happy, but is not necessary. It helps me better judge shipping times for your area in the future.
If your item is lost due to incorrect address I will not be able to reship a replacement item or refund the cost. Please check your current information with Etsy and Palpal before you order. If an item is returned to me for similar reasons, you may choose to cancel the order for a refund or change your address and pay for a new shipment.
If your item is a gift I would be happy to send it directly to his or her door, but again be sure about the address and mention it in "notes to seller" I will confirm with you before I ship.
* buyer is responsible for any and all customs costs when necessary.
Refunds and Exchanges
Additional policies and FAQs
* Gift-wrapping is available, just let me know if you are interested. All items are automatically gift-wrapped for the holiday season. Awesome!
* If you want to order multiples of an item I would love to do that for you! Contact me and we can create a special custom listing for you.
ANIMALS AND SMOKE:
* All made-to-order items are knit in a SMOKE-FREE home
* But the same may not be true for vintage items and does not apply.
* Many vintage items were knit in a village farming environment by women who work with or near animals (cows, dogs, sheep and so on) and wheat crops and husbands that smoke. This may or may not effect those with allergies.
* Yes, I own a cat, but he is not in direct contact with my work and all items are stored in a plastic container out of his reach.
* I have asthma and I understand that smoke and pets may bother you. I would never sell anything that I wouldn't use myself or that irritates my senses.
Thanks for visiting.