Announcement I paint a wide range of designs on lace bobbins including wild flowers, Celtic Knots, teddies etc. In addition, I stock a range of plain lace bobbins and tools, lace books, Plotadot Grids, needlework tools and a range of Czech linen and cotton threads.
I paint a wide range of designs on lace bobbins including wild flowers, Celtic Knots, teddies etc. In addition, I stock a range of plain lace bobbins and tools, lace books, Plotadot Grids, needlework tools and a range of Czech linen and cotton threads.
Sign in with Apple user on Sep 24, 20235 out of 5 stars
Wonderfully made, super sharp with a great fine tip and stunning chain. I’ve gotten a ton of compliments and completely love! Don’t thing twice on getting this beautiful gem.
I have been making lace for many years and took up painting lace bobbins in the mid '90s - initially for my own use and then later on request for others.
My bobbins are painted with either acrylic, watercolour or gouache paints and sealed with several coats of varnish. I am happy to design lace day bobbins for groups as well as commemoratives and special requests for customers.
Accepted payment methods
Returns & exchanges
The post may take longer than usual at certain times of the year. All items will be well packaged to prevent any damage in the postal system - however, please let me know if there are any problems.
Buyers outwith the UK are responsible for any import duties, taxes, charges etc. which may be levied by their own country.
Please check that your address details are correct when placing an order with me. Your parcel will be sent to the address appearing on the invoice (address registered with Etsy) unless I am otherwise informed. I am unable to redirect mail after it has been dispatched.
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Alison Tolson, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at info(@)lacebobbin.com. Alternately, you may mail me at:
Alison Tolson, 30 Whinhill, Dunfermline, Fife, KY11 4YZ, UK