Announcement Hello - Welcome to my Etsy shop! you can find me on Instagram as @littlehouseart and Pinterest at Kimmarrington -( https://www.pinterest.com/kimmarrington/ ) If you are here to order a custom map, house portrait, menu, program or other art piece, please message me to discuss price and time frame. For custom art, I am currently running an 18-20+ week waiting list. Please inquire to discuss your timeframe and let me know if you have any questions.
Hello - Welcome to my Etsy shop! you can find me on Instagram as @littlehouseart and Pinterest at Kimmarrington -( https://www.pinterest.com/kimmarrington/ ) If you are here to order a custom map, house portrait, menu, program or other art piece, please message me to discuss price and time frame. For custom art, I am currently running an 18-20+ week waiting list. Please inquire to discuss your timeframe and let me know if you have any questions.
- All 137
- Custom Map 41
- House Illustrations 36
- Return Address Labels 2
- Wedding 4
- Cards & Announcements 33
- Tote Bags 1
- Custom Menu 5
- Custom Itinerary 1
- Art Print 12
- Original Art 1
- Bookmarks 1
Stephanie Elliott on Sep 25, 2016
Extremely fast shipping and beautifully packaged. I can't wait to give this card with housewarming my gift!
Kim Arrington's Little House Shop
Christian, Wife and Mother
Southerner and Creature of Habit. Reader and lover of History.
1. My shop is based on the verse from Joshua: "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" and I have that verse on all of my cards.
2. One of my favorite shows is Antiques Roadshow. Can't explain it - it's addictive.
3. I read, and re-read historical fiction of all kinds, but of course all Jane Austen. I also love 'To Kill a Mockingbird' - I have read it every year since my 8th grade reading assignment when I was first drawn in by Scout. 'The Help' by Kathryn Stockett is another great read, as is 'Redeeming Love' by Francine Rivers
4. It makes me beyond happy to read historical markers in an architecturally preserved city such as Charleston or Philadelphia.
5. Paper. I love to experiment with paper of all kinds. and especially watercolor on paper. Its so simple but so beautiful.
6. I adore old hymns.
7. I am a graduate of The University of Alabama. (Roll Tide!) My degree was in Interior Design, and my forte' was architectural renderings. After graduation, I spent years creating renderings that were so precise, drafted, computer generated, perfect in scale and measurement, that I have rebelled a bit against that. I do not like perfectly straight lines or computer generated anything. I feel like the imperfections are what makes the painting interesting and that is the style that has become Little House Shop.
8. Coffee. I love it. I have passed that love onto my daughters. It's our bond. Hot tea is a close second.
9. A few years ago, I started my own gift amenity company serving the corporate and hospitality business. I began creating these elaborate wedding maps and gift cards to go along with the welcome baskets and gifts. Pretty soon, I realized that I was looking forward more to the painting and the creating of the cards and maps and I was getting more requests for custom artwork! The company evolved into Little House Shop.
Find me on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/littlehouseart/
Take a peek at the Little House Blog: https://littlehouseshop.wordpress.com/
Please see Little House Shop featured in the NBC Studio 5 story by Lauren Loviat entitled "Trend Alert" Inspirational Art. Great Story, Lauren! xoxo!
See our info in Snippet and Ink! LOVE this fabulous blog!
Honored to be featured in Hunter Holland's Birmingham Now post:
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards