Announcement Luna Grey yarn is artfully kettle dyed or hand painted in sunny Western Colorado. My colorful yarn is a fun way to add some excitement to your next fiber project. All yarn is hand-dyed in small batches in my home studio. Please stop back often as I will be adding new yarn several times a week.
Luna Grey yarn is artfully kettle dyed or hand painted in sunny Western Colorado. My colorful yarn is a fun way to add some excitement to your next fiber project. All yarn is hand-dyed in small batches in my home studio. Please stop back often as I will be adding new yarn several times a week.
- All 211
- Knitting Kits 12
- Hand Dyed Lace Yarn 9
- Hand Dyed Fingering/Sock 31
- Hand Dyed DK/Sport Yarn 88
- Hand Dyed Worsted Yarn 26
- Hand Dyed Bulky Yarn 13
- Hand Dyed Thick-n-Thin 21
- Undyed Yarn/Roving 11
cristinapianezzola on Apr 28, 2017
great camo colors. wish you had one that was more for the south west. This will go into hunter knits.
sophiecleo on Apr 13, 2017
Can't wait to use this beautiful and soft yarn!
sophiecleo on Apr 13, 2017
Such beautiful and soft yarn. So pleased!
Maureen Kelley on Apr 12, 2017
Received on time. Worked wonderfully with my felting project. Thank you. Maureen Kelley
colorful. modern. yarn.
Based on the sunny, western slope of Colorado, Luna Grey Fiber Arts is a small, one-woman, hand dyed yarn studio that specializes in unique hand painted and kettle dyed colorways on high quality, natural fiber yarns.
On a whim, I picked up a couple jars of dye at the Wool Market in Taos, New Mexico several years ago. I promptly scoured my stash to find every skein of natural/undyed yarn I owned. I really had no idea what I was doing and admittedly ruined a few skeins of yarn during my trial runs. Over time my yarn became more consistent. People began asking where I got the yarn. When they heard I had dyed it myself, they asked if I could dye some for them. Everything sort of took off from there.
I have found that I am happiest when I am working on some type of creative endeavor. Dyeing yarn is deeply satisfying as it allows for so much freedom of expression. And, as a knitter, I love being surrounded by beautiful yarn!
Please note that all yarn is meticulously dyed by hand in small batches. No two skeins of yarn are exactly alike. And, that's just the way I like it!
Owner, Designer, Fiber Artist
I am a botanist turned at-home mom to two active, bright little boys. On those rare occasions that I find myself with a little free time…I love to knit, spin and dye yarn. I dream of living on a sheep farm and opening a fiber retreat here in CO.
Official Yarn Winder
A carpenter by trade, Brian has fallen into the prestigious role of yarn winder. He can also take credit for designing and building Luna Grey's studio space.
The boys, ages 7 and 11, are the official colorway namers. They come up with some great, creative names for much of the yarn in my shop.
Retired racing greyhound. Lover of peanut butter biscuits and ear scritches. Crossed the rainbow bridge June 12, 2016.
We raise chickens and bees on our 1/2 acre lot in the city. They bring us such joy and provide endless hours of entertainment.
I hope you find something you love in my collection!
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
Orders shipping to the state of Colorado, USA will be charged 2.9% Colorado state sales tax.
• If you have any special requests regarding your order (such as wanting your yarn wound into a center pull ball), please leave a message in the "Message to Seller" box at the time of purchase. If you have any questions before you order, please contact me, and I will do my best to get back to you promptly!
• Rest assured that your order will be beautifully and safely packaged. Your yarn will come wrapped in tissue paper tied with lovely charcoal gray and white twine from fellow Etsy seller, TheTwinery. I ship in polyolefin mailers. They have proven to be strong, tear and water resistant.
• I ship via US Postal Service - which I have found to be the most economical. I ship First Class for orders under 13 oz which generally means about 3 - 5 business days travel time within the US. I ship Priority Mail for orders over 13 oz. International shipping times depend upon location, of course. Shipping times are estimates only - I am not able to guarantee shipping times once a package in en route, as this is out of my control.
• For International Buyers: Any taxes, customs fees or import duties are the responsibility of the buyer/recipient and have not been included in the shipping charges.
• Please note that I cannot be liable for packages lost or stolen while in the hands of of the USPS. Let me know if you would like to purchase insurance for your order.
• If you need your package sooner, please contact me. Express shipping is available by request for an additional fee.
Refunds and Exchanges
Yarn that has been wound into a ball/cake or that smells of smoke cannot be returned. Thanks for understanding.
Additional policies and FAQs
I welcome wholesale orders. Retail yarn shops may apply for a wholesale account here http://www.lunagreyfiberarts.com/pages/wholesale-application
Convo me regarding wholesale or consignment orders. In addition to my Etsy shop, my yarn is currently available at the following yarn shops...
Colorful Yarns - Centennial, Colorado USA
Georgetown Yarns - Georgetown, Ontario Canada
Itsy Bitsy Yarn Store - Whitehorse, Yukon Territory Canada
Knit Knook - Conifer, Colorado USA
Unwind Local Yarn Shop - Glenwood Springs, Colorado USA
My wonderful logo was created by fellow Etsy seller, Kelly Devries of RootDown.