Luncheonettevintage's Shop Policies
Luncheonette loves to make our customers happy! Any problem with a purchase, convo us immediately. Please don't leave feedback before you ask if we can help — and check etsy's Do and Don'ts for sellers and buyers for any guidance on this.
Our vintage is really vintage (20 years old or more) and is carefully researched, often obsessively. We love history! Know something about an item listed? Please share it.
YES we ship internationally. Our items have traveled from Dubai to Ireland, Australia to Japan. Convo for rates if you don't see them.
We DO combine orders to save you on shipping. Rates are adjusted once we know the weight of the package.
We DO refund shipping overages of $2 or more.
We accept paypal, credit cards via etsy, and (on U.S. orders only) Money Orders. We do not accept international money orders.
We take ETSY GIFT CARDS, ETSY DIRECT CHECKOUT, and PAYPAL. We also accept MONEY ORDERS — on U.S. orders only.
• Paying with a money order? Please use US Post Office is possible, or Western Union. Money orders are only accepted for U.S. buyers. Due within a week of purchase (not mailed, received at the luncheonette)
• Paypal payment due within 48 hours of purchase or item will relisted.
• If you want to buy an item but can't pay immediately, read the reservation policies below, or convo us.
RESERVING ITEMS & LAYAWAY
Please convo to request, and note we have changed our reservation policies. If you have any questions, just convo. We're happy to answer!
• We will reserve items for up to 1 week, unless it is during a sale.
• During a sale, we reserve items for 48 hours.
• If we have reserved an item for you with a custom shipping rate, or if it is a special, custom listing, please purchase the item within 24 hours.
• Please do not buy items that are listed as reserved unless they are reserved for you. If you purchase an item that has been reserved for someone else, the sale will be cancelled.
We will make layaway arrangements on larger items if you need them for up to 3 weeks. Convo for details
CANCELLING AN ORDER
We accept order cancellations if there is a really convincing circumstance.
Usually within 3 days after cleared payment. We do not use shipping rates as a profit margin. Read on:
• For 4 lbs and under we ship USPS International 1st Class Air
• For international 4+ lbs we ship USPS Priority International
• Buyers are responsible for any customs duties and fees incurred. We prepare our customs forms accurately — please do not ask for the item to be classified as a gift. (It's against the law.)
• Priority Mail whenever possible
• USPS media mail for books / pubs.
• We WILL and DO adjust rates for combined shipping once we know what's in the order and how much it will weigh
• Just ask. We can Fed Ex, UPS overnight, Express Mail
• If you pay 2$ or over what shipping actually cost, we refund you the difference.
• If you want insurance, you MUST convo first. We do not automatically insure.
• Luncheonette is not responsible for damages or losses incurred in shipping unless we were somehow remiss in packing / addressing.
Extras and packing materials:
• Gift wrapping upon request. We use a wide range of materials to pack and wrap, including reusables and recycled materials. Please reuse and keep the green cycle going.
Refunds and Exchanges
If there is a problem of any kind, please CONVO the luncheonette first. We are very buyer friendly.
Need to return? Read on:
• We DO issue refunds on full price of the item if:
— there is a serious problem, such as a flaw somehow not noted.
— item doesn't fit. Vintage clothing is still clothing. Same with shoes. Sometimes it just doesn't work.
• other reasons. Just PLEASE do not use feedback to start the process!
• To receive a refund:
— convo us first and explain the problem
— pack the item as well as it came to you (item must not be altered or damaged or creased or stained or spotted or cat-haired or otherwise additionally different in any way)
— return the item within 7 days.
Barring any problems we will issue you a refund on full price of the item.
If you're not sure about something, convo. We'll be happy to answer you and help you.
Additional Policies and FAQs
On the hunt for vintage apparel or wares you don't see it on our menu? Please convo. We often have a treasure trove in the pantry. We may have what you need!
Last Updated September 10, 2014