Announcement Vintage pull down charts - botanical posters - sewing boxes - plant stands - West German pottery - furniture - interior - clocks - accessories
Vintage pull down charts - botanical posters - sewing boxes - plant stands - West German pottery - furniture - interior - clocks - accessories
- All 554
- Vintage Pull Down Charts 88
- Furniture + sewing boxes 67
- Home Decor 96
- Clocks 62
- Kitchen + Serving 67
- Lamps + Candlesticks 24
- German Pottery 31
- Accessories + Eyewear 45
- Jewelry 32
- SALE 42
tabby6957 on Aug 5, 2016
**TIMEA WAS A VERY PLEASANT WOMAN TO WORK WITH AND COMMUNICATE WITH**THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP, TIMEA** **THIS GREEN GERMAN TREASUREDOES NOT WORK** EVEN THOUGH I TOOK 2 REPLACEMENT KITS TO A JEWELER, THE CLOCK DID NOT WANT TO CO-OPERATE**I LOVE THIS BEAUTIFUL GERMAN CLOCKS**MY SEARCH FOR A CLOCK SHOP WHO CAN FIX IT IS MY GOAL**BLESSINGS TO YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE**
Vintage got soul
I am curious as a cat, so I started my Etsy shop as an experiment. I wanted to play around with ideas, wanted to start something new, something of my own. I have this huge love, or rather say, addiction for good, ol’ stuff. And I wanted to know if this love was enough to make a living. An Etsy shop is just the perfect way to find out if your ideas are worth a cent, without investing a lot of money. Soon I discovered that there is one thing I like even more than cleaning out granny’s attic: the biz. I have always been searching for something creative to do - having a business is by far the most creative journey of all. One thing led to another; after having had a shop for 1.5 years, I quit my day job as an assistant at an NPO and gave it a shot.
When it comes to vintage, I like many things. Of course, I can’t resist those sleek design classics and immaculate high-quality pieces that are meant to last forever. But it must be vintage with a twist. Pieces that are quirky, a bit extraordinary, strange even and colorful, mostly catch my eye and I just have to drag them home. Sometimes, I take friends along for a hunt, and I find one of those weird pieces and hold it up with glee, and one of them just goes: „What the hell do you want with that?“. I just grin and as soon as they see it in the shop, they get it. I love those moments!
Still, it is important for me to choose only the very best for my shop. There is enough vintage in this world to pick the cherries. I do not like the idea of mass consumption, where everything must be cheap and fast and for one season only. I look for timeless pieces that are made to last. They survived the last decades and they will last much longer.
Having a business is a lot of fun but definitely an everyday challenge. My mom has been a big supporter from day 1. She used to drive around town and collect bubble wrap and boxes from furniture stores for me so I could pack my items without spending a lot of money. She’s the first one I call when there is exciting news about the business (and she also expects me to call every time I sell something). I also found a lot of support and true friendship in the Etsy Berlin Street Team. I can only recommend joining a team. You meet a lot of inspiring and funny people who just give you the last push when you need it.
What I really enjoy about having a shop is the communication. In my former life, I studied languages and trained as a translator and interpreter. Having an Etsy shop just gives me the perfect background to communicate with people all around the world in my favorite foreign language. It just makes my day if I can help someone to find something special. Talking about vintage is often a very nostalgic and emotional thing and you can connect over it instantly. I have heard so many good and heartwarming stories – I could write a book some day. That moment when you feel that a thing becomes connected with a person and turns into an emotion, a memory, is just the best.
I was very happy to be featured on Etsy as a collector: https://blog.etsy.com/en/2014/featured-collector-mighty-vintage/
See what I am up to on
I also have another shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MightyPaperShop
Around the web
Owner, Curator, Girl Friday And All The Rest
Born in former Socialist Budapest, raised in conservative Bavaria, I am always on the lookout for the perfect mix of traditional and quirky. In 2009, I moved to Berlin and opened my shop in 2011 just before Christmas.
Restorer & Repair Man, Shipper, Passionate Flea Market Companion
I am a painter and decorator and enjoy restoring vintage treasures. Whether it's an old clock that needs a new heart or a plant stand that needs new Formica: there is always some vintage around in need of some TLC.
Packaging Tape Dispenser And Employee Of The Year
Since my late predecessor had met his maker last summer, I earned the privilege to end up with this crazy bunch. I am very grateful that my weekends are free otherwise this whole thing would be unbearable. But hey, the pay is really good.
At Mighty Vintage you can feast on your vintage addiction!
I love everything old and well-made. Clothing, home decor, books, furniture, accessories, you name it.
If you have anything special in mind, don't hesitate to send me a convo!
Each item is unique and one-of-a-kind at least 20-years-old vintage. Thus it must be expected that items have normal wear for their age. Any larger flaws will naturally be noted.
Items are storaged in a non-smoker and pet free environment.
In order to prevent any problems with size, please follow the measurements carefully to ensure the best fit. For comparison you may measure a piece of your own wardrobe
I am required by law to provide the information below to my customers about my return policy. As the English and German texts are rather weighty with legal information, let me also sum up the main points here to avoid confusion:
DO YOU ACCEPT RETURNS?
Yes, returns are accepted. Please check the specific conditions in the section return policy.
Greetings from Berlin
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
- Other Method
Refunds and Exchanges
Right of withdrawal
You have the right to withdraw from this contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform us (Timea Gremsperger, Groß-Berliner Damm 80, 12487 Berlin, Germany, Phone 0049-(0)30-55578079, E-Mail mightyvintage [!at] gmx.de) of your decision to withdraw from this contract by an unequivocal statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail). You may use the attached model withdrawal form, but it is not obligatory.
To meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired.
Effects of withdrawal
If you withdraw from this contract, we shall reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (with the exception of the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from this contract. We will carry out such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement.
We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your withdrawal from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods.
You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
(complete and return this form only if you wish to withdraw from the contract)
— To Timea Gremsperger, Groß-Berliner Damm 80, 12487 Berlin, Germany, E-Mail mightyvintage [!at] gmx.de:
— I/We (*) hereby give notice that I/We (*) withdraw from my/our (*) contract of sale of the following goods (*) / for the provision of the following service (*),
— Ordered on (*) / received on (*),
— Name of consumer(s),
— Address of consumer(s),
— Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper),
(*) Delete as appropriate.
Additional policies and FAQs
Section 1 – Vendor, inclusion by reference of the General Terms and Conditions
(1) The vendor and contracting party for the merchandise presented in the Etsy shop “MightyVintage“ is Timea Gremsperger, Groß-Berliner Damm 80, 12487 Berlin, Germany, Phone 0049-(0)30-55578079, E-Mail mightyvintage [!at] gmx.de (referred to hereinbelow as the “Vendor“ for short).
(2) The present General Terms and Conditions are a component part of any contractual agreement made between the Vendor and the respective customer. The Vendor hereby objects to any terms and conditions that the customer may have established and that contradict the present General Terms and Conditions.
Section 2 – Merchandise offered and conclusion of contract
(1) The Vendor is offering the articles presented in the Etsy shop „MightyVIntage“ for sale to other Etsy users. The articles on offer are used (second hand, vintage). The colors of the articles shown on the website may vary slightly depending on the internet browser and monitor settings used by customers; these variations are technically unavoidable.
(2) The selection of merchandise, conclusion of contract and implementation of the agreement shall take place, to the selection of the customer, in German or English.
(3) The Vendor shall deliver the merchandise to destinations in Germany and in the United States of America (USA), to Canada, Brazil, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
(4) Customers shall select the merchandise desired by placing it in their “Cart” („Warenkorb“) by clicking on the button “Add to Cart“ („In den Warenkorb“). The order will be conclusively placed with the Vendor by clicking on the button “Submit Order” („Kaufen“) within the step of order “Review & Complete”. Until the order is transmitted to the Vendor, customers have the opportunity to review, at any time, the data they have input when placing the order, to modify them or to completely discontinue the order.
(5) The Vendor is making a binding sales offer for the merchandise presented in its shop. By transmitting the order using the button “Submit Order” („Kaufen“) within the step of order “Review & Complete”, the customer accepts the sales offer. The Vendor shall confirm the conclusion of the contract by e-mail (contract confirmation).
(6) The content of the contracts concluded is stored in the customer’s Etsy user account and may be viewed by the customer at any time in the Etsy portal by clicking on the item „Purchases“ („Einkäufe“) in the “Your Account” („Dein Konto“) menu.
(7) The Vendor shall inform the customer by e-mail of any impediments preventing the delivery from being made, or of any other circumstances that might prevent contractual performance. Partial deliveries shall be made only with the customer’s prior consent.
Section 3 – Prices and payment
(1) All product prices are end prices plus shipping costs. Depending on the type of product bought, the prices include turnover tax in the amount of 7% or 19%; please check the respective product description.
(2) The shipping costs are listed in the respective product description in section „Deliver/Ship to... / Cost“ („Versand nach... / Versandkosten“).
(3) Where deliveries are made to countries outside the European Union customs or acquisition tax for imported goods may have to be paid by the customer to the customs authorities upon receipt of the shipment. These duties will accrue in addition to the purchase price and the shipping costs; the Vendor has no means of influencing them.
(4) At the selection of the customer, the Vendor shall deliver the merchandise against pre-payment by redeeming an Etsy-voucher, against pre-payment by credit card, pre-payment by bank transfer via Sofortüberweisung and normal bank transfer, against pre-payment using PayPal or against cash payment at pick-up. Any payment shall be made in Euro and free of carge for the Vendor.
(5) For orders subject to pre-payment, a payment period of one week from the contract confirmation shall apply. For the term of the payment period, the Vendor shall reserve the merchandise so ordered for the customer. It is incumbent on the customer to effect payment in such timely manner that the Vendor receives it within the payment period. The Vendor reserves the right to rescind the sale contract and to sell the merchandise to others should the payment not be received by the end of the payment period. Any payment received from the customer following the rescission of the contract shall be reimbursed to the customer.
Section 4 – Shipment, delivery periods
(1) The Vendor shall deliver the merchandise within the time given in the item`s description after the payment is made.
(2) For deliveries to destinations outside Germany, a period of 2-9 business days, depending on the destination, has to be added to the respective domestic delivery time.
(3) If the customer’s order contains more than one product, all products will be delivered in one single shipment; for this shipment, the longest given delivery period for any of the contained products will apply. If the customer wishes a product to be delivered seperately in shorter time, he may place a seperate order for that product.
(4) Where a delivery cannot be made because the customer has provided a wrong or incomplete delivery address, an attempt to once again deliver the merchandise shall be made only if the customer accepts to bear the costs of re-shipping the merchandise. The re-shipping costs correspond to the shipping costs agreed at conclusion of contract.
Section 5 – Right of withdrawal for consumers
(1) A customer purchasing as consumer is entitled to a right of withdrawal in accordance with the statutory pre-requisites. A consumer means every natural person who enters into a legal transaction for a purpose that is mainly outside his commercial or self-employed professional activity.
(2) The vendor shall grant a 14 day withdrawal period to a consumer having his permanent residence outside of Germany also in those cases in which the national laws applicable to the consumer provide for a shorter period; in derogation herefrom, the withdrawal period for consumers who have their permanent residence in Slovenia is 15 calendar days.
(3) The vendor shall allow any consumer having his permanent residence outside of Germany to transmit an informal declaration of withdrawal even in those cases in which the national laws applicable to the consumer provide for stricter requirements as to form.
(4) The pre-requisites and legal consequences of the German stipulations as to consumers’ rights of withdrawal shall apply to consumers having their permanent residence in Switzerland also in those cases in which Swiss law does not provide for a right of withdrawal.
Section 6 – Warranty
All warranty claims of the customer shall be governed by the statutory regulations.
Section 7 – Data Protection Policy
(1) After the conclusion of the contract Etsy transfers to the vendor the customer’s Etsy user name and their full name and billing address as they are stored in the customer’s user account. If the customer has specified additional information with the order (eg a different delivery address or a phone number), it is also transfered to the vendor.
(2) The vendor shall process the data referred to in paragraph 1 for the performance of the contract, shipping of the merchandise, invoicing and recording payments. For shipping purposes, the vendor may transfer the customer’s name and address to the contracted shipping company.
(3) The data remains stored by the vendor until all claims arising from the order are fully fulfilled and until the applicable commercial and tax law retention periods have expired.
(4) The customer may at any time request information from the vendor about the stored data concerning him. Furthermore, the customer may at any time request the correction of erroneous data.
(5) The controller of data protection is the vendor referred to in section 1 paragraph 1.
(6) To the extent a customer uses the services of PayPal for payment, the data protection provisions established by PayPal shall apply to the payment process. In this context, PayPal shall be taking action as the person employed by the customer in the performance of their obligations (Erfüllungsgehilfe), not as a person so employed by the vendor.
Section 8 – Final provisions
(1) The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply, to the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods (UNCISG). However, German law shall not apply to transactions with consumers having their permanent residence abroad to the extent the national laws applicable to those consumers set out provisions that cannot be contracted out to the detriment of the consumers.
(2) Should individual provisions of the present General Terms and Conditions prove to be invalid or impossible to implement, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
Groß-Berliner Damm 80
E-Mail: mightyvintage [at] gmx.de
For settling consumer disputes out-of-court, the European Union offers a platform for online dispute resolution (“ODR platform“) at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.