Silver and gold bracelets with and without gemstones.

180 Sales


Silver and gold bracelets with and without gemstones.

180 Sales On Etsy since 2008

0 out of 5 stars

MilburnDesign is taking a short break


Note from shop owner The etsy shop of MilburnDesign has been placed "on hold" for a while, due to other commitments. Please let etsy notify you when I return. Thanks.

Note from shop owner

Last updated on Apr 14, 2014

The etsy shop of MilburnDesign has been placed "on hold" for a while, due to other commitments. Please let etsy notify you when I return. Thanks.


Contact shop owner



No reviews in the last year

Anonymous on May 19, 2013

5 out of 5 stars

A beautiful piece, simple and elegantly made, a great gift! Service was fantastic. And the item in real life looked exactly as the image. nThank you. Highly recommended

Anonymous on Apr 30, 2013

5 out of 5 stars

I'm singing all the right notes with a MilburnDesign original!

Anonymous on Apr 5, 2013

5 out of 5 stars

Very cute bracelet that was brought to me very quickly, despite it being easter and holidays. Excellent service!

View all 75 reviews

Shop policies

Last updated on February 6, 2011
Congratulations! You are now connected with MilburnDesign, the Etsy shop offering music-themed jewelry and accessories. I am confident you’ll be as proud to own and share these items as I am to make them.

Accepted payment methods

  • Pay with Visa
  • Pay with Master Card
  • Pay with American Express
  • Pay with Discover
  • Pay with PayPal
  • Buy with Apple Pay
  • Pay with Sofort
  • Pay with iDeal
  • Accepts Etsy Gift Cards and Etsy Credits
Payment via Paypal is expected at the time of purchase. You do not need a Paypal account to use Paypal. You may use a credit card, or an E-check, with Paypal acting as the “payment processor”. This is a free service for the buyer. Simply click on the Paypal payment option, and it will guide you through the process.

NC Please Note: Buyers with a Pay Pal address in North Carolina will be assessed a designated NC sales tax. ( I do not "charge" sales tax, I am required by NC law to "collect" it and then forward it to the state.) Sorry :[
Most items are sent out within a couple of days via USPS First Class with delivery confirmation. Orders exceeding $ 100 are generally shipped USPS Priority in order to include appropriate insurance. To simplify the process, I currently pay for all shipping within the U. S. Shipping outside the USA will be considered based on the item and location... just email me.

Please let me know if your jewelry or accessory item is intended as a gift, and if so, I’ll include a little box.

You will need to make sure your shipping and Paypal address are the same and accurate, as I can not be responsible for items potentially shipped to an incorrect address. Most items are packaged with reusable / recyclable materials.
Refunds and Exchanges
Contact MilburnDesign within 5 days of receiving your order if it is unacceptable to you for any reason. If you return an item, you’ll have to pay the return shipping charges. As long as the item is returned in new condition with proper packaging, you will be entitled to an exchange or store credit equal to the price you paid for the item.
Additional policies and FAQs
“The Ancient Mystique of Solderless Jewelry”
Jewelry made without solder dates back 3,000 years to the Egyptians and Phoenicians. These peoples developed natural methods of shaping objects and fitting them together so that they would last for ages. This is evidenced by the pyramids, sphinx, and other timeless treasures.

Like those ancient artifacts, this jewelry is hand-crafted using techniques that originated in Egypt. Each piece is artistically shaped, carefully fitted, and fastened together without any soldering, gluing, or melting of metal.

Simple to elaborate, ancient to modern, this jewelry remains as fascinating as it is beautiful.

Most bracelets are offered in standard sizes with variations available. Please let me know if the size you prefer needs to be smaller or larger than average.

Most of the items created by MilburnDesign are totally original. Additional pieces represent my artistic interpretation of more standardized concepts. To reduce costs and operate efficiently, some of the more popular designs are produced in sets of nearly identical pieces. I guarantee that the photographs truly represent each item. Please keep in mind that all designs, products, photos and text are protected by copyrights.

Wholesale purchases are encouraged for qualified accounts and orders of sufficient quantities.

What others have said about my jewelry:
“The order was exactly what I wanted. I especially enjoy sharing your jewelry with others, and they really like it.” - B. Ligotti, frequent buyer, Eastpointe, MI

“I love it! Favorable comments seem to always come my way when I wear the jewelry you made for me. Many thanks.” - J. A. Frankel, customer, and store manager

Jewelry Materials
14 Karat Gold Filled: Think of 14 KGF as a tube or pipe of actual 14 Karat Gold that has been Filled with a less expensive base metal such as brass. The relatively thick outer layer of gold gives it the look, feel, and wear-ability of 14 K Gold without such a high price. By law, 14 KGF material must be at least 5% gold by weight. By sharp contrast, gold-plated material has no legal requirements. Gold-plating can be a microscopically thin coating and can flake off like spray paint, which is why I never make anything gold-plated.

Silver is a naturally occurring precious metal. In its purest form (like pure gold) it is too soft to be used for practical purposes such as in jewelry. To make it more functional, some percentage of another metal, usually copper, is mixed in with pure silver. A combination of metals such as this is called an “alloy”.

Sterling Silver is 92.5% pure silver, with the other 7.5% being comprised of other metals, mostly copper.

Argentium Sterling Silver is 93% pure silver, but a portion of the remaining 7% of metal is “germanium”, instead of all copper. Argentium silver can eventually oxidize (turn darker) like regular Sterling, but the reduced amount of copper it contains significantly reduces the rate of oxidation. Argentium Sterling costs a little bit more, but it remains bright and shiny up to 4 times longer than regular Sterling.

Copper used by MilburnDesign is 99.9% pure copper. Copper is a major component of many popular metal alloys, such as brass and nickel. Smaller portions of copper are frequently used in silver and gold too. As copper is exposed to normal air, it oxidizes. (Read below about “patina”.) When copper jewelry is worn next to the skin, such as a bracelet, it frequently turns skin green at the point of contact. The green color is harmless and washes off easily. Some believe this metal, and the reaction with the skin, produces a chemical which naturally reduces the effects of joint pain.

Brass is a metal alloy which is made of 85% copper and 15% zinc. Since it contains a large percentage of copper, it shares many of the same characteristics. It is sometimes referred to as Jeweler’s Bronze or Merlin’s Gold, but it does not contain any gold.

Nickel Alloy is 65% copper, 17% zinc, and 18% nickel. It has a silvery gray color, which gives it an appearance similar to stainless steel. It is commonly called ‘nickel silver’ or ‘German silver’, but it contains no silver.

Patina is a change in the surface characteristics of metal that occurs due to exposure to oxygen or other elements. Copper develops a patina ranging from brown to green. Silver can darken to black. Patina can develop naturally over time, or the effect can be accelerated if desired.

Some people prefer jewelry that remains bright and shiny. Others appreciate the added character displayed by a piece that has developed some patina. Copper or silver that is worn frequently will typically maintain its shine on the outer portions of the surface. If there are indentions, engraving, or other details within the surface, those areas will normally turn darker due to oxidation. The increased contrast between the shiny vs. oxidized areas can add significant interest and appeal to a piece of jewelry.

Polishing / Cleaning
Most metal jewelry can be gently cleaned with a soft cloth or an old toothbrush and a mild, non-abrasive soap. Removing a significant amount of tarnish may require a more aggressive method of cleaning, ranging from using a special polishing cloth to a mild acid dip. If the piece of jewelry is made of more than one type of metal (like 14 KGF and Sterling together) or contains a gemstone (especially like pearl, opal, or cameo) a local jewelry professional should be consulted.