Charlotte Ledger on Nov 24, 2015
Absolutely gorgeous quality. Card and printing were great. Arrived quickly and with the message and map as requested. Perfect for a going away card or when someone you care about is far away. Thank you
CharlotteandJohn Bruton on Aug 18, 2015
This is a keepsake card for anyone. We've lived in several different countries over the 10years of our marriage so this was a perfect card. Be great if you did framed pictures
A little about 'Milly's Cottage'.
Here at Milly's Cottage, a growing company based in Dorset, we design beautiful gifts. We are a boyfriend and girlfriend team, designer Gemma and her partner Russ.
We wanted to create truly unique items that not only allowed our customers to personalise their own gifts but we wanted to ensure that the personalisation process was simple, stress free, and that our customers don't have to go to a million different places to find the perfect present. And we wanted them to be able to buy locally! We know that our customers like to 'buy local' and support the British economy.
When we started the business we had to run it from our tiny little place in London and we were working every hour God sent to create our personalised designs. We wanted to ensure that each design was just right. We both spent our time searching-out and testing new methods and materials to constantly improve and evolve our collection. That is still how we spend our time! It was absolutely worth it, as people seemed to like our products as much as we do!
It seemed that we were on to something!
After a short time the business was too big for our little flat, we were even having to sleep on the floor just to make room for it! Soon we both gave up our 9-5's; it was a tough decision to make -- Russ had been at his job for over 25 years! We headed off to greener pastures in lovely Dorset.
The name of our company comes from us dreaming big, we always hoped that one day we would own a lovely cottage with a roaring fire for our cat Milly to curl up in front of.
We are still dreaming big, we know work full time with 7 freelancers who help us with our designs and our products and we are still constantly surprised by how popular the business has become. We are not going to sit on our laurels though, we are always thinking of new products, and new exciting ideas. We started with prints, then cards, and now jewellery, with numerous ideas still in the pipeline so what this space… the future is bright.
Five fun facts about Millie's Cottage:
Our 5 favourite products:
1. Chalkboard Wedding Backdrop - I love this because it is so tall and dramatic and can be adapted to include all the areas of a couple's special day.
2. I Love You Because Print - From our original launching range this is still one of our top sellers, especially for Valentine's Day.
3. Destination Map Card - I have seen this card used for anything and everything. People pick maps relating to where their friend is going travelling, the far from home locations, they are housed over Mother's or Father's Day and even for the international location for someone's wedding
4. Our NEW Gold Foiled prints - yes we are SO proud to have found a way to add foil to personalised prints.
5. Personalised Memories Print - A simple typographic design depicting the memories shared between two people or even a family.
Five things that help us work in the office:
1. Well, Gemma cannot start a working day without her double expresso so that is a major office requirement. No espresso no work!
2. In total we have 3 printers, all with loads of different functions (Gemma's toys).
3. There are whiteboards all around the studio displaying our next product ideas.
4. Russ is particular to a good storage box but, with so many packing material options, he really needs them.
5. Finally, Gemma is one for a good business book and has a full bookshelf of different reads.
Five things that we love to do in our spare time: ......
1. Sundays are our only full day off so we start with a coffee and a good read in bed (the newspaper for Russ and a Blog or two for Gemma).
2. We love our films so the £2.50 films on a Tuesday at Dorchester's Odeon is our number one 'Date-night' option.
3. Trips to London - We may have moved away from the madness of central London but we still absolutely love visiting when we can.
4. We are foodies, so we love to plan a day out around a delicious meal.
5. ...because we are foodies we like to go to the gym or do anything active!
Founder And Designer-Maker For Milly's Cottage
Designer-Maker from Bath, UK. Milly's Cottage launched while I lived in London with my boyfriend, Russ & cat, Milly. Now the 3 of us have moved to Dorset & work full time for our little company. To read more visit our blog: bymillywithlove.com
Driven by all things handmade, I have been an artist and crafts person all my life. Originally from Bath, England, I now live in Dorset.
Milly's Cottage prides itself on offering only purely personalized gifts. All our print designs can be made completely bespoke and all can have a unique gift message added to the design. All our prints are gift wrapped free of charge, before they are sent off with a few extra little touches which you can only get from a small independent company like ours.
Please have a look around our store, if you have any questions or comments you would like to send me, please do. I look forward to hearing from you.
If you would like to learn a little more about us then visit our blog: www.bymillywithlove.com.
Milly's Cottage Opening Time (UK times):
Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm
Saturday: 9am to 5pm
Sunday: Closed (we are open on Sunday in the build-up to Christmas)
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
- Money Order
Pleased be rest assured that you will be updated through the entire transaction process so that you know what is happening with your order every step of the way.
Prints are shipped in a postal tube. Mounts are posted flat packed with a hard backed support. Canvas items have several layers of bubble wrap and cardboard for support.
Shipping is from the UK.
Shipping to the UK will take approx.: 1-2 days from the date of dispatch.
Shipping to the USA and the rest of the world: 7-10 days from the date of dispatch. However it can take up to several weeks longer.
Framed and canvas items cannot be sent outside the UK.
Refunds and Exchanges
Changes cannot be made to a proof once the customer has signed it off. Once the proof is signed off, an order also cannot be refunded. Before this stage refunds can be made.
We will always exchange and replace any mistakes we make. Any mistakes which are the responsibility of the buyer, i.e., incorrect spellings, grammar or a specification which is not given correctly then there will be discretionary charges for alterations or replacements.
Due to the bespoke made-to-order nature of our personalized items, any items which are deemed faulty or damaged on receipt or lost in the post are not subject to refund, instead a replacement will be issued.
If an item is faulty or damaged on receipt then the customer must tell us immediately. We will then send a replacement as soon as possible. We must be informed of any faults no later than 14 working days after the items is dispatched (two weeks for international orders). If we are told after this time-frame then a replacement cannot be issued.
Additional policies and FAQs
All designs featured on this website under the Milly's Cottage shop front are property of Milly's Cottage and cannot be duplicated without permission. This includes all E-mails and proofs which a customer of Milly's Cottage may receive.
A Press Pack is available if you contact: studio [!at] millyscottage.com.