Katharine Kazaka on Dec 29, 2016
absolutely phenomenal beautiful necklace, thank you
Katharine Kazaka on Dec 29, 2016
absolutely stunning and beautiful, very gifted designer, thanks!
StoneTreasures on Dec 6, 2016
Always beautiful and perfect!! Thanks!
Color, texture, design, unique: most designs handmade by Helena Nelson - Reed
Selling on Etsy allows me to reach a global market, rather than one limited to my geographic region, or those who know my name. Thanks to Etsy, my work now sells to clients and galleries located in places as diverse as Abu Dabi, Dubai, Russia (Moscow), the EU and UK, Finland, Iceland, Congo Basin and Kyoto.
I believe this isn't so much due to my creativity and designs as the fact Etsy allows people in distant places to meet in a common cyber - market place, and products offered
Through Etsy I've been able to slowly build my business to a sustainable level via private label clients and online sales. Designing and selling necklaces is different from selling my art ( which feels very personal), and I enjoy the marketplace atmosphere as well as some nice partnerships and friendships that have resulted.
My husband is supportive of my work, and although not interested in beads or necklaces, helps out in many ways. Shipping and receiving, filling out customs forms, packaging unwieldy items, and teaching me how to use tools for metalwork are just a few examples that make a big difference to somebody running a micro business, like moi!
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
1. ***Of late I've been scolded by several viewers regarding high postal rates in my shop ( due to increases in USA and International shipping rates). I hear you! In response whenever feasible, items are now shipped First Class Mail, wrapped using all recycled materials, carefully packaged but sans extra luxury touches contributing weight and dimension to shipping fees and cost of the item itself. FRAGILE OR RARE ITEMS WILL ALWAYS BE SHIPPED PRIORITY MAIL FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES.***
2. YES! I ship internationally, email if your country isn't listed as a destination.
Please note that International shipments can be mailed Priority International or First Class Mail ( takes a little longer but haven't lost one yet!) . Priority International has a tracking number, but not all countries scan packages. You may prefer regular First Class International mail, which is just as secure.
3. INSURANCE: This is YOUR responsibility and an option. I don't insure items unless requested or its noted on the listing. Convo me for an insurance estimate, and upon approval Ill adjust your shipping fee ti include it.
4. DAMAGED AND LOST GOODS: I wrap everything as if its being tossed from a 3rd story window, but there's no way of controlling what happens to shipments once they're launched into the postal system, especially internationally. Priority and Express mail allow us to track shipments so if something is lost or broken, I provide any tracking information, dates or address information needed.
5. If your shipment is damaged in transit I am not responsible but will work with you and the USPO in order to track down missing shipments or collecting insurance SEE ITEM 3 !!!!
Refunds and Exchanges
I want you happy with your purchases and gladly accept returns postmarked for return within 3 days upon receipt. The items should be returned in the original packing materials, in the same condition as when I sent them.
I reserve the right to retain 10% of the purchase price ( if the item requires cleaning and staging, photographing and relisting)...this decision is made after the returned item is in my hands.
PLEASE: If the returned item smells of perfume, smoke, perspiration, is stained or broken, refund reflects my cost of having that item repaired or cleaned.
The cost of shipping returns are the responsibility of the customer.
If you return more than 3 necklaces, I reserve the right to discontinue selling to you, unless we've discussed the matter before hand and have an agreement. A few individuals purchase necklaces, wear them to an event ( or try to resell them at an event) then want to return them afterward.
Additional policies and FAQs
- I don't alter or repair the creations of other designers, sellers, nor repair broken vintage jewelry .
- WHOLESALE : My pricing is determined by multiplying my material costs at the Etsy recommended %, and an hourly wage for designing , creating, listing, and packaging them. If you own a gallery or boutique and are interested in wholesale pricing ( for purchases of $1000.00 or more) please contact me.
- DISCOUNT CODES:
I price my creations fairly. Because I haven't the costs associated with brick & mortar stores, traveling the art & bead show circuit, or paying staff and assistants, some of my goods may be priced less than comparable items offered on Etsy.
- TALK TO THE HAND: No deep discounts. My talent, ideas, work, time and materials are worth something. There's no overseas cheap labor assembly line churning out necklaces. Only me, designing and constructing them one at a time.
- SALES AND SPECIAL OFFERS: In fairness to customers I rarely have sales. Maybe once a year I'll will put a few things up at a reduced price, before dismantling to use in new designs. Some years I don't even do this. The reason for not having sales is that A. My pricing is already more than fair and B. My clients needn't worry that the item they purchased could have been purchased for less if they'd only have waited for the sale.
- KEEPING IT SIMPLE:
No lay aways
No payment by installment
No reserved items.
My shop accepts Direct Checkout ( you pay using a credit card) and Paypal, so you can still pay by installment... to the credit card provider instead of me.