Announcement Custom Wood Signs, Hand-painted with Love. Specializing in Family Signs, Monograms, Wedding Gifts, Anniversary Gifts and Home Decor.
Custom Wood Signs, Hand-painted with Love. Specializing in Family Signs, Monograms, Wedding Gifts, Anniversary Gifts and Home Decor.
shanham213 on Apr 14, 2017
Excellent job and exactly as requested. The communication was excellent from the artist. Thank you!!!
The Studio at Morning Wood
How do you quell the burning fire to create? You know, that feeling you get when you are sitting at your desk in your 9-5 job and all you can think about is that DIY you saw on Pinterest...... When everytime a gifting opportunity comes by you dread heading to the big box store to pick out yet another "Made in China" bauble that really doesn't mean much of anything, other than "I remembered". I tried many "crafts" like crochet, ceramics, macrame, sewing, candle making, candlewicking, incense making, mobile making, drawing, tie dying and 50 ways to use toilet paper rolls.
None of those were me. None of them grabbed my heart. Frankly, I wasn't very good at any of them either. None were suitable to give, and certainly not to sell. Then I discovered paint and wood. I took my love of handwriting and turned it into hand painting. I've always loved words, and language, and sentiment. I painted my first sign. I fell in love. I've stayed in love. Since then, my friend Michelle and her husband Arthur have joined me, (even though she said she wasn't crafty...lol) and we created The Studio at Morning Wood.
Morning Wood is a humorous name, I know. For us, it was a beautiful place we saw while vacationing. It reminds us of peace and tranquility.
While we still work our day jobs (in social services), this is what we can't wait to get home and do. Paint. It's exciting every time an order comes in because it means we get to do it again. We love hearing back from clients who just gave the most special of gifts.
I'm sure I'll be doing this until I'm too old to hold a paintbrush by myself....and then maybe I'll call it Senior Abstractical Paintings. See you in the workroom!
Around the web
Owner, Designer, Owner/Designer/
Hi Fellow Etsians, Who am I? I am a Daughter, Sister, Mother, Aunt, Gigi, Friend. I am a mid-western girl with mid-western values. I believe in truth, family, love, and faith. I was born with a creative bug that just won't go away!
Waiting on Michelle .....
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
- Money Order
Personalized items may take up to 3-4 weeks to complete depending on the project.
(We will always try to ship as soon as the item is finished but no longer than the time frames mentioned)
We will ship via USPS or UPS depending on the best method for your purchase. This information will be forwarded to you. Custom made items take time to create, so be sure you are okay with the shipping times before ordering.
If you need it faster, TELL US. We have enormous hearts and want to help for emergencies, birthdays you forgot about, or a last minute gift you need.
We will ship internationally, even though it's not listed. You just need to tell us where, and we can give you a shipping quote! We are not responsible for any fees or customs charges for the merchandise to enter your country so please check on that before ordering.
Refunds and Exchanges
1. Contact us immediately.
2. Do not throw anything away.
3. Take pictures of the damage, as many as you can to show the box damage as well as the breakage. Send us the pictures.
4. Know that we are going to help. It breaks our heart (seriously) when this happens. Once you provide the pictures, we will file an immediate insurance claim and start a new item for you, moving your item to the front of the line. We can usually have another one out to you within a week. We will pay for the packaging and re-ship on our end.
Additional policies and FAQs
THE STUDIO AT MORNINGWOOD VINYL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Clean your window or wall well and make sure it is dry.
2. Cut your lettering so that you have it separated with the individual pieces or phrases that you will place on the surface.
NOTE: If your vinyl came in a tube, it is a good idea to lay it flat overnight with something heavy on top to flatten it out (Books work well)
3. 4. Use a credit card and press the tape down firmly over the lettering, using a side to side motion. Press very firmly. You want to make sure that when you peel the backing off, the letters stay adhered to the transfer tape.
4. Measure carefully to decide where you want each piece. The transfer tape is always static so once you place it, that is where it will be. So measure; measure; measure. We have found it best to draw a measured line where placement will be. Make sure to make allowances for your longer letters. Hobby stores have glass markers (for windows) that can be wiped off later or use masking tape on windows or walls. If you skip this step, it could ruin your project.
5. Turn the lettering over onto a table with the paper backing facing down. Starting at one corner and using a 45 degree angle, peel the tape w lettering off of the paper backing slowly. If at any point the lettering is not sticking to the tape, lay it back down and use firm pressure with your credit card. Peel the entire tape and lettering off the backing paper.
6. You are now ready to carefully place the lettering onto the window/wall. You only have one chance to get this one right. You may want to another person hold one end out while you place the lettering on the window/wall. Smooth the graphic onto the surface with the transfer tape on the top. Use your credit card and press FIRMLY back and forth. Slowly peel the transfer tape off from the corner and at a 45 degree angle. If at anytime, the lettering is still sticking on the tape, lay it back down and use firm pressure. '
7. After complete removal of tape, clean the marker off the window or peel the tape off of the wall and you are done!