Need or Want
"Collecting is a way of linking past, present, and future. Objects from the past get collected in the present to preserve them for the future."...William Davies King
Hello, my name is Heather and thank you for stopping by at NeedorWant.
I live in the middle of Canada where the landscape is very flat so you can see for miles and miles.
I am currently retired. In my previous life I worked as a nurse, sold print advertising and I had a business doing marketing and advertising for small businesses. As well I worked in real estate sales.
Thrifting has become a passion and now a daily routine for me. I collect and sell small vintage items that you may Need or Want. The photos above are some of the items that have sold in my Etsy shop over the years
People often ask how my Shop Name came about? When I was young and did not have my own money... my mother would always ask me "Do you really Need it or just Want it?" So, that is what shopping is all about...NeedorWant!
If you would like to follow me on Social Media please use the links below:
NeedorWant on Instagram http://instagram.com/needorwant/
NeedorWant on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/needorwant/
NeedorWant on Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/jheather0519/
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
- Money Order
- Other Method
- Direct Checkout using: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Apple Pay. (Etsy keeps your payment information secure. Etsy shops never receive your credit card information.)
- Etsy Gift Cards
- Money Orders from Canadian Buyers
- Interac Money Transfer from Canadian Buyers
Reserving an Item:
- I will hold an Item for up to 48 hours
- If you have not purchased the item within that time period it will be relisted
*Please convo me if you have any further payment questions
- I use re-cycled packaging materials whenever possible.
- I take great care in packing with lots of bubble wrap and packing peanuts.
- If you require your purchase on a more urgent basis please include a note to seller upon purchase.
- All CANADIAN buyers will automatically receive a tracking number for their purchase.
- The rates in my listings for USA buyers are without tracking..unless there is a shipping upgrade included in the listing. Or the parcel is over 1 kg/2.2 lbs. Typically a parcel from Canada to the USA takes 4-10 business days depending on the buyer's location.
- The least expensive shipping to overseas destinations is via Ground Shipping/Surface Mail.
There is no tracking available for this method unless it is a very large parcel.
For smaller items I have included a shipping upgrade for Air Mail.
- Ground Shipping/Surface Mail to EU and non EU countries is 4-6 weeks.
This method does not include tracking.
Air Mail is approx. 2 weeks but at least double the cost.
- Ground Shipping/Surface Mail to Japan is approx. 8 weeks, Australia 10 weeks. This is the most economical way to send a parcel.
This method does not include tracking.
- I am not responsible for any lost parcels sent to any country... unless you have the parcel shipped to you with a tracking number.
If you fail to pick up your parcel once it has arrived at its destination and it is then returned to me your shipping charges will not be reimbursed.
- I cannot be held responsible for customs fees or delays.
- Sometimes delays can be due to weather/natural disasters. This may be occurring in my country or yours at the time of purchase or during transit.
- Please also keep in mind delays can also occur during holidays in my country or yours.
- If the actual shipping price is over by more than $2.00 for smaller items or $3.00 for larger items or multiple glass items... I will refund you the difference via the method you used for Payment.
- If you have any questions about shipping from Canada please convo. me prior to purchase.
Refunds and Exchanges
- Items are purchased at garage sales, flea markets, etc.
- I do not know the conditions they lived in prior to resale.
- I list all my items to the best of my ability but I an not an expert.
- I check all my items for cracks, chips, etc and if applicable they will be noted.
- I wash, clean and polish all my items for sale.
- They arrive to you in a 'ready to use' condition.
- Please use the zoom feature and ask questions prior to purchasing.
- All items sold "as is" with no refunds unless the item was grossly misrepresented.
- Please convo me if you have any questions.
Additional policies and FAQs
- My shop items are listed in Canadian dollars (CAD). As markets change daily, you may see price fluctuations related to currency changes.
- I do my utmost to ensure all my customers are happy customers. That is reflected in my feedback from previous buyers.
- When you receive your purchase and for some reason you are not satisfied...please convo me prior to leaving less than 5 stars as feedback.
- I am positive we can come to a mutual resolution.