Announcement Nostalgia Neu offers both genuine items from the past and my new hand-made items quite often using nostalgic concepts, vintage components, and up-cycled materials.
Nostalgia Neu offers both genuine items from the past and my new hand-made items quite often using nostalgic concepts, vintage components, and up-cycled materials.
- All 459
- Granny's Attic 68
- Vintage Jewelry & Spoons 44
- Vintage Books-Music-Mags 46
- Aprons and Napkins 59
- Granny's Necklaces 40
- Bracelets-Earrings-Other 27
- Zipper Grippers 46
- Miscellaneous Crafts 63
- Photo Notecards 15
- Dancer's Accessories 50
Slow-Motion Estate Sale and Craft Boutique!
It's easy to see that my Nostalgia Neu site is different than most others. When I was thinking of doing something on the internet, I had already sold a few things on EBay, but I have never been very comfortable with auctions or haggling over price. So, I liked the fact that Etsy was not an auction site.
I also liked that I could not only sell the things I enjoyed making but also antiques, and I have a house full of vintage stuff! My background seemed to provide many of the skills I need to succeed: photography, writing, art and design, even a short stint in retail store ownership.
That led me to thinking about a name that would encompass my various handmade items as well as the things I wanted to "downsize" in the hopes of being able to stay in my home until I was ready leave it for more "senior-friendly" housing. It has now been two years and while traffic and sales are building slowing, my home is, unfortunately, still in jeopardy.
I really do enjoy being an Etsy seller though! I am always happy to think that someone who wants an item is getting it; I enjoy learning a bit about how or why they may have made the purchase, and any income is a blessing. Shipping costs can be a bit of a road-block, but I'm learning. Balancing time and prioritizing between crafting new items, housework, photographing and writing up items for sale, and marketing the site can sometimes make my head spin, but I always put customer serve first and everything else falls behind that (usually housekeeping is at the very end).
I photograph my items with some type of size indicator; it could be a penny, a teacup, a clothespin—you get the idea, an appropriate item for the piece that will give you an idea of size. I also am as accurate as possible in my description measurements.
I try to make the photos as accurate as possible as well, but please note that colors may vary depending on your computer screen settings and calibration.
Accepted payment methods
USA Payment Options:
• PayPal (you can use PayPal to pay by credit card; registration is not required—see below). Payment is due within 3 business days of purchase. If payment is not received within 3 days, the sale will be canceled.
• CREDIT AND DEBIT CARD CUSTOMERS WITH NO PAYPAL ACCOUNT
You can use your debit or credit card to pay for your purchases even though you don’t have a PayPal account. During checkout choose the PAYPAL option, submit your order and click “Pay now.” Scroll down and you will see the option to pay with credit or debit card without having to sign up for a PayPal account.
• Buyers will be charged the appropriate state sales tax fee on PayPal.
Outside the USA:
• PayPal only. The customs form will state the accurate value of the items purchased. The buyer is responsible for any import duties and taxes, and should be aware of how their country’s laws apply to the intended purchase.
• Please allow more time for international orders; shipping times will vary due to customs. Nostalgia Neu cannot be held responsible for customs delays.
• Each item is packed with care to protect it from shipping damage. I ship your completed purchase by USPS First Class Mail within 2 business days after payment is received.
• An upgrade to Priority Shipping and/or insurance is available upon request.
Refunds and Exchanges
Please contact me within 4 days of receipt if you are not satisfied with your item. I am more than willing to do a refund or exchange. Items returned must be in like-new condition; refunds to not include shipping, however; buyer must pay return shipping costs. Again, I will do my best to ensure your satisfaction with your purchase.
Additional policies and FAQs
Please take a moment to leave me a positive feedback if you are happy with your purchase. Your satisfaction with Nostalgia Neu purchases is important to me! In the event that you are not happy with your purchase, before leaving a neutral or (yikes!) a negative feedback, please see Refunds.