PetcheyPurls

Knitted Goods For The Pancreatic Cancer Research Fund

Basildon, United Kingdom | 46 Sales

PetcheyPurls

Knitted Goods For The Pancreatic Cancer Research Fund

Basildon, United Kingdom 46 Sales On Etsy since 2017

5 out of 5 stars
(11)
Val Petchey

Contact shop owner

Val Petchey

View all 58 items

Reviews

Average item review
5 out of 5 stars
(11)
View all 11 reviews

About

Knitting for "The Forgotten Cancer"

Hi I'm Val and I have enjoyed knitting since I was taught as a little girl and after I losing my husband of 44 years to Pancreatic Cancer in 2011, I felt I had to do something. Shortly afterwards I researched Pancreatic Cancer and was shocked and saddened to see the appalling statistics. Approx. 3% survival, and the remaining 97% usually die within a relatively short time, I myself lost my husband just 10 weeks after diagnosis. Compare this to today's ever-increasing survival rates for more well-publicised cancers. I contacted one of the few charities - Pancreatic Cancer Research Fund - and have since been knitting garments to sell to raise funds for research as it has become very much the "forgotten cancer". I happily give my time freely to help future sufferers of this dreadful disease, contributing to support groups as well as raising money for research. After paying for the cost of the yarn used, all profit goes directly to the Pancreatic Cancer Research Fund.

If you see something here that you like, please be assured that the proceeds of your purchase will go to a very deserving cause and be used wisely.

Around the web

Shop members

  • Val Petchey

    Owner, Creator

    I've been knitting most of my life and since I lost my husband of 44 years to Pancreatic Cancer in 2011. I happily give my time freely to help future sufferers of this dreadful disease. I also run a knitting group and help other learn how to knit.

  • Grace Silverwood

    Assistant, Creator, Admin

    I'm a woodcarver and have my own etsy shop to sell my work. I have been friends with John for nearly 3 years and we decided to go into business together with this etsy shop last year. I run the shop as well as creating the artwork for the store.

Production partners

  • Grace Silverwood

    Basildon, England

    Grace Silverwood is a wood workerand a good friend of mine and she has created this mobile for my shop. She has her own etsy shop selling other more complex baby mobiles so please check out her shop.

Shop policies

More information

Last updated on Jan 23, 2017
Frequently asked questions
Custom and personalised orders

I welcome custom orders, so please contact me if there is something you would like made and I will be happy to help. Turnaround time will usually be a month depending on what other orders I have before then but can give you a more definite duration upon contacting me