amandakoppe85 on Aug 29, 2016
Beautifully made. Very quick postage. Highly recommend :-)
Cassie Falat on Aug 26, 2016
Beautiful construction and very well made. The recipient loved it has worn it every day.
Cassie Falat on Aug 26, 2016
Shipped very fast to the me so I was able to deliver the gift for the recipient's birthday.
Wonderful gifts for wonderful people!
Welcome to Suede Sentiment, where everything happens in my small, sunny Aussie home studio. It's here I play with new ideas, stamp, form, polish, tumble, Photoshop, print, assemble and package. Phew!
Stories, memories and emotions are dear to me in my work ... It's wonderful having the opportunity to create personalised jewellery and accessories that hold meaning to a recipient; lovely reminders of the people, places, times and inspirations that are so special.
My glass dome range is also wonderfully personal in its own way ... I'm particularly drawn to words and images that evoke a smile, nostalgia, or bring a sense of strength or inspiration. These designs are not only adorable and tactile, but make ideal gifts.
I appreciate your visit, and hopefully I'll have the opportunity to make a special accessory or piece of personalised jewellery for yourself or a loved one!
Owner, Designer, Customer Service
The beautiful east coast of Australia is my home, close to the mountains and sea. I enjoy travel, photography, gym, home design and decorating, and I have to admit ... I live and breathe my business!
I oversee the production process, and try not to be too big a distraction.
Accepted payment methods
• US usually 2.5 - 4 weeks
• Canada usually 6 - 8 weeks
• UK/NZ usually 2 - 3 weeks
• Europe usually 2 - 4 weeks
• Australia usually up to 1 week
A GUIDE ONLY as I depend on efficiency of customs, which can sometimes be unpredictable. Very occasionally international delivery may be up to 8 weeks.
• I'll make and send your order within 1 - 3 days.
• Please, only order if you accept the possible delivery time frame.
NOTE: Canada delivery time tends to be extremely lengthy, also Germany on occasion.
EXPRESS SHIPPING: click 'shipping' tab beneath photos for details, and see last 2 listings in my shop and add the relevant one to your cart if required.
I will ship to the address on the Etsy checkout page, so please ensure it's correct and has a personal mailbox. I cannot be responsible for, or refund for, loss of a parcel due to an incorrect address. If a parcel returns to me due to incorrect address, I will resend once I receive new payment for re-shipping.
Accepted if requested within 3 hours of placing the order. I strictly cannot accept cancellation or change an order if it's a personalised or hand stamped item on which I've already started work, or on an item/s which has already been sent.
IMPORT DUTIES AND TAXES:
Shipping costs do not include any possible import VAT fees, taxes, or duties at the time of delivery - these are the soul responsibility of the buyer.
PERSONALISED BRACELET ORDERS:
Please proofread message for the scroll, as I will stamp as you've provided it. Please specify if a message is to be in all capitals, otherwise I'll stamp in upper/lowercase, which is generally more aesthetically pleasing.
• Clean jewellery if necessary with a damp cloth or soft jewellery cloth
• Avoid chlorine, chemicals, antibacterial soaps, fragrance, jewellery dips
• Avoid wearing jewellery during swimming, bathing, sports and bedtime
• Avoid water submersion of glass dome and leather items
• Avoid storing glass dome items in direct sunlight or humid conditions
Refunds and Exchanges
• Late Arrival: I cannot be responsible for customs or postal delays (very occasionally international delivery can be up to 8 weeks, 9 weeks for Canada). In the unlikely case of non-delivery, I must be notified of this by 8 weeks from date of shipping, otherwise the parcel will be assumed delivered and no further action can be taken. If postal theft is suspected it will be necessary to begin an investigation with your post office.
In the case of non-delivery, please communicate with me - I will help, whereas a negative review won't.
• Return/Refund: Only for non-personalised items, at my discretion only after receiving communication from a buyer first. In this case the item must be returned within one (1) week of delivery, strictly in unworn/unused condition, in a bubble mailer for protection. A refund cannot be given if there are signs of damage or wear.
Item needs to be returned with proof of lodgement or tracking. Refund is for item price minus original, and return, shipping cost.
• Damage: In the unlikely event of an item arriving damaged due to shipping mistreatment, please message me without delay with photo/s showing damage to item and packaging. It's essential that item and packaging is kept for proof of damage.
• Warranty: Strictly up to one (1) month only from the date of receiving. Covers defect only, not normal wear and tear or obvious misuse. If your new item has a defect please message me without delay through Etsy messages and attach a close-up photo/s of the problem (and packaging if damaged). A photo/s is essential so I can view and address the issue. If an order arrives with an error (of mine), I will remake to original order specifications.
I can NOT accept the following reasons for return or refund:
• Customs or postal delays (international delivery may very occasionally be up to 8 weeks; possibly up to 9 weeks in Canada)
• Personalised / customised items
• Earrings, due to hygiene reasons
• Parcel returning to me due to incorrect or un-deliverable address
• Refusal and return of parcel (esp. due to customs taxes charged in buyer's country)
• Loss of item or component/s by recipient
• Incorrectly given order information
• Allergy or skin discolouration
• Breakage or deterioration due to normal wear and tear or misuse, etc. I check all materials for quality prior to sending - I am not responsible for accidental breakage once item is received and used
• Deterioration due to contact with chlorine, chemicals, perfume, antibacterial soaps, jewellery dips; and water (in the case of leather or glass dome items)
• Fading of metal stamping impressions or glass dome images
• Slight imperfections of stamping on bracelet scrolls. Messages are hand stamped one letter at a time (not machine engraved) so letter placement and centreing may not be 100% as in a factory machined item. Please know that I create every single piece with utmost care.
If there's a problem with your item, please contact me without delay through Etsy messages and I will do my best to offer a solution.
Frequently asked questions
Click the "shipping" tab beneath photos for details. If you need Express shipping, please see the last 2 listings in my shop, and add the appropriate one to your cart along with the item/s being purchased.
• International (to US): should arrive in 5 business days or so
• Here in Australia: should arrive in 1-2 business days
Personalised Bracelet Orders
Please provide a WRIST measurement. Measure snug (firm) around the narrow part of the wrist. Use a tape measure, or use string and measure against a ruler. Do NOT add extra to the measurement please, as I WILL ADD to the measurement for a comfortable fit.
Please see listing description for the number of letters/spaces the scroll will fit. Also double check spelling and grammar for the personalisation before submitting your order, thanks.
Care of Glass Dome Necklaces
A little care will help ensure your necklace is lovely for a long time:
- When possible store in a plastic ziplock bag.
- Remove before showering, swimming, sport and bed time.
- If cleaning is required use a slightly damp cloth. Don't soak.
- Avoid direct contact with fragrance, cleaning chemicals, jewellery dips, chlorine and hairspray.
- Necklaces and keychains are plated - some degree of tarnishing or slight discolouration is normal over time. The above tips will help your item to maintain its original appearance.
You'll find most questions are answered in the listing description, photos and shipping tab which are comprehensive and detailed. If you need further info, feel free to contact me via the "ask a question" tab at the top.