Audrey Dowling on Mar 10, 2014
very good quality, very good price, very good seller
Rebecca McKinney on Feb 28, 2014
Thank you so much for your quick shipment!
Pretty Fabrics and Trims is a mother (Penny) and daughter (Sarah) team. We both have a passion for fabric and some, (our ever supportive husbands) may say a slight addiction to it! As crafters and fabric lovers, we know there is nothing more fabulous than opening a delicious package of beautiful fabric and trims and even now we still gasp and giggle in delight!
Sewing is in our blood and the skills have been passed down from generation to generation, Great Nanny Halliday was a tailoress in the 1920's, Nanny Flo made clothes for her daughters and loved nothing better than creating an evening gown for the ballroom on a Friday night. Penny has always made clothes and home furnishings and Sarah followed suit and in 2010 set up Little Kitten Homemade, right here on Etsy for Bunting, Banners and Pretty Things and more recently Sarah Edgar Designs, where she creates 'vintage with a modern twist' embroidery patterns and felt craft kits.
Pretty Fabrics and Trims was established in early 2012 with a simple Ethos...why have to purchase large quantities when you only need a little, we believe you should be able to choose just the right amount for your project, which is why we offer our pretty fabric and trims in a variety of sizes and amounts. With this is mind, you can choose from Fat Quarters, Half Metres or Metreage and for those smaller projects our much loved 'Small' and 'Mini' pieces.
Your happiness is of upmost importance to us, our family motto is "treat as you would like to be treated" which when combined with good old fashioned customer service, means that we aim for 100% satisfaction at all times. We value your feedback and welcome it always.
Finally, to be first to hear of new products and special offers, please do pop over to our blog where you can sign up to receive our monthly(ish) newsletter, 'The Crafty Rag' . Whilst there, you will also find our series of free 'Make it' projects and inspirational colour mood boards.
Thank you for taking time to read!
Our very best wishes,
Penny and Sarah xo
We are a mum and daughter duo with a passion for beautiful fabrics, felt, ribbons, buttons and colour, colour, colour!!!
We love each and everyone of our products and have taken great care to photograph them them accurately, alway in natural daylight. Please note however that colors may vary from monitor to monitor.
If you need any help with how to place an order on Etsy, please take a look here: http://help.etsy.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/245/
♥♥♥ Fabric Shopping Guide ♥♥♥
- We are delighted to offer our fabric in a number of different size pieces, enabling you to choose just the right amount for your project.
- Choose from our popular smaller Precut Pieces making them perfect for little projects. Our Precut Pieces are available in a choice of either 'Small' or 'Mini' sizes. Our listings will clearly detail the size of the precut fabric piece on offer.
- In addition to this, we have a selection of Tilda fabrics available by the FQ (Quarter Metre), For multiple FQ's purchased in the same design you will receive one continuous length of fabric:
1 FQ = 55cm wide * x 50cm long
2 FQ's = 110cm wide x 50cm long
3 FQ's = 110cm wide x 75cm long
4 FQ's = 110cm wide x 100cm long
5 FQ's = 110cm wide x 125cm long
6 FQ's = 110cm wide x 150cm long
8 FQ's = 110cm wide x 200cm long
*Some of our Tilda fabrics are extra wide at 140cm. For the exact measurements, these are clearly detailed in the individual listings
- Finally, our fabric is available in perfectly co-ordinated Bundles and also in our Super Duper Bundle Boxes and Bundle Bags, where we have also included fabulous buttons, felt, ribbons and trims.
- All our fabrics are carefully cut by us using both rotary cutters and scissors.
Accepted payment methods
- Other Method
- Here is information on how to pay with a credit card:
- Payment to be received within 2 days of purchase please.
- Goods will be carefully packaged and then securely wrapped for transit. They will be sent by Royal Mail. Further information about these services can be obtained from:
- UK purchases will be sent using 1st Class mail
- INTERNATIONAL purchases will be sent by Airmail.
- We are unable to track or estimate delivery date, if you require your purchase to be given priority handling, please let us know at time of order and we can adjust postage to include Airsure® or International Signed For. As we are sure you appreciate, once you parcel leaves us it is out of our control. We cannot accept responsibility for international orders that are held up in customs or parcels delayed in the post.
- Buyers are responsible for any duty/tax that is due upon receipt of the package.
- We are sorry, but we accept no liability for goods lost or damaged in transit, although we always obtain proof of postage and keep all certificates and receipts as PROOF to you that it was genuinely sent. We will insure goods if asked to do so at time of order, at additional cost, if the service is available.
- All shipping charges are final and when you pay for your items you agree to the shipping fees and methods of postage.
♥♥♥ Fabric Postage Guide ♥♥♥
- Our listings clearly detail our shipping costs, but hopefully this will help for fabric metreage enquiries:
- For Worldwide Shipping via Standard Airmail
1 FQ = 6US$
2 FQ = 6.80US$
3 FQ = 7.60US$
4 FQ = 8.40US$
5 FQ = 9.20US$
6 FQ = 10US$
7FQ = 10.80US$
8 FQ = 11.60US$
each additional FQ purchased is 0.80US$
- For EU Shipping via Standard Airmail
1 FQ = 5US$
2 FQ = 5.70US$
3 FQ = 6.40US$
4 FQ = 7.10US$
5 FQ = 7.80US$
6 FQ = 8.50US$
7FQ = 9.20US$
8 FQ = 10US$
each additional FQ purchased is 0.70US$
- For UK Shipping via First Class Mail
1 FQ = 3US$
2 FQ = 3.50US$
3 FQ = 4US$
4 FQ = 4.50US$
5 FQ = 5US$
6 FQ = 5.50US$
7FQ = 6US$
8 FQ = 6.50US$
each additional FQ purchased is 0.50US$
Refunds and Exchanges
- If we are unable to resolve your issue, we would ask in the first place that you NOTIFY us of your reason and intent to return your goods within 7 days of delivery and we will happily refund you minus any postage costs once we have received the returned item.
- Goods are returned at your cost unless there has been a mistake on our part. We will not however make a refund for the return postage, that is your responsibility.
- Items must be returned in their original condition, if the items are received back damaged (other than postal damage) then only a part refund will be made. When returning items, I would recommend that you obtain receipt of postage from the Post Office as proof of postage, as we are unable to accept responsibility for parcels lost in transit.
Additional policies and FAQs
- For pretty bunting, banners and pretty things, take a peek at our established Etsy shop:
- For Embroidery Patterns and Pretty Kits you'll LOVE to stitch:
Phew, that's just about it, but if you have any questions about any of our items or policies please do not hesitate to contact us.
Penny and Sarah xo