Announcement I build custom, handcrafted straight razors using fully-restored, vintage blades as well as provide everything one would need to get the best shaves they've ever had. My products include custom shaving brushes, strops, shaving cream, shaving soap, pre-shave oil, aftershaves, beard oil, mustache wax and many other items. All of my personal-care products are vegan and animal friendly. And everything is handmade - by me - in little tiny batches right in Albany, New York.
I build custom, handcrafted straight razors using fully-restored, vintage blades as well as provide everything one would need to get the best shaves they've ever had. My products include custom shaving brushes, strops, shaving cream, shaving soap, pre-shave oil, aftershaves, beard oil, mustache wax and many other items. All of my personal-care products are vegan and animal friendly. And everything is handmade - by me - in little tiny batches right in Albany, New York.
Afroz on Sep 28, 20225 out of 5 stars
I have been using aftershave balm for years. Prior to discovering this on Etsy a year or so ago I had used another European brand for over 20 years. However, once I tried Roosevelt's products there was no going back. Have ordered a few times and distributed to oter family members as well. The variety of fragrances and quality is fantastic. The balm itself is very moisturizing but not at all greasy ie gets absorbed easily without any shiny residue. Great products and service. Please keep up the good work.
Eugene on Sep 4, 20225 out of 5 stars
Please see my previous review
Eugene on Sep 4, 20225 out of 5 stars
Great fragrances. Fast shipping. I also appreciate being able to purchase refills instead of a new pump system each time.
Josh on Aug 29, 20225 out of 5 stars
I’ve tried a couple different brands of mustache wax but none of them were as stiff as advertised like this brand. It even came with a guitar pick for easy scraping of small amounts from the tin. And the scent is wonderful. It’s not too powerful but lingers like going into a yankee candle store. I highly recommend it, especially for the price.
Cindy on Jul 31, 20225 out of 5 stars
Second time buying we got my husband's 2 favorite seats.
Charles on Jun 17, 20225 out of 5 stars
Excellent shave balm. I use Syracuse Citrus and it really is great.
Beverly on Aug 5, 20225 out of 5 stars
Thanks again! A repeat customer here! Really fast shipping and quality product!
Layk on Aug 4, 20225 out of 5 stars
Love the scent! Definitely a new favorite
Kim on Sep 2, 20223 out of 5 stars
So hard and tacky (sticky) that my husband couldn't get it out of the container, even with heating it up with my hair dryer
Old Time Quality | Modern Standards
Roosevelt Grooming Company began in 2013 with the goal of combining old-time shaving practices - and quality - with materials and ingredients that are safer and more environmentally responsible than they were in the heyday of wet shaving.
Over the years our line has grown from straight razors, strops and brushes to a full selection of handcrafted, artisan-formulated grooming and personal-care products.
What hasn't changed is our dedication to transparency in materials and practices, and natural, ethically-sourced, plant-based ingredients in all our body care products.
Our commitment to environmental responsibility led us to our choice to eliminate single-use, and unnecessary plastics from our product line, and offer plastic-free refills for any items with plastic pumps or droppers.
"The Barber's Hour"
As president, Theodore Roosevelt would set aside an hour each day to meet with reporters. It was an hour of the plain-spoken candor Roosevelt would become famous for. Reporters were encouraged to ask any questions they liked, and received honest, straightforward answers. It should come as no surprise that this hour, the "Barber's Hour," as it came to be known, took place during Roosevelt's daily shave.
Over the years our world has changed. Our morning rituals have become rushed and routine and our lives have followed suit. The objects we surround ourselves with are increasingly mass-produced, sometimes heartless commodities. We don't need to look very far to see the effect such a drab, uninspired existence has had on us and on the world.
But what if you could bring a bit of Roosevelt's time and honesty back into your day? What if you could start with your own "Barber's Hour," (even if that "hour" may only last ten minutes or so for many of us)?
When you hold a straight razor that has been crafted with quality materials and first-rate design you're going to feel different. A work of art made with skill and love feels more luxurious, meaningful and honest in your hand, and against your skin. And when your shave is done and your day begins, it's the kind of feeling that you'll bring with you. Because as countless men like Roosevelt have learned, and are still learning, an honest day begins with an honest shave.
Our products are:
• Artisanally designed and formulated
• Produced on demand and in small batches
• Made with natural ingredients
• Vegan and animal friendly
• Proudly made in New York State
Adam Cresko McCarthy
Owner, Maker, Designer
The man with the smooth face (sometimes).
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
I don't accept cancellations
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Returns and exchange details
All of our items come with a 2-year guarantee. Roosevelt Grooming Company stands behind each and every one of our products and will be more than happy to repair or replace any product that disappoints you after the 30-day refund period. Please contact us before you return any product.
Information we Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide us with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to us), such as your name, email address, mailing address, payment information and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information if you contact us directly.
Why we Need Your Information and How we Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. Roosevelt Grooming Company, LLC shares your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
Roosevelt Grooming Company, LLC may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. Roosevelt Grooming Company, LLC is a US-based business and you should expect that your information will be transferred to the United States in order for us to complete the order process.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict the use of or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) Roosevelt Grooming Company, LLC will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, Roosevelt Grooming Company, LLC, is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at info[ a t ]RooseveltGroomingCompany.com. Alternately, you may mail us at:
Roosevelt Grooming Company LLC, 11 Beaver Dam Road, Voorheesville, NY 12186