Emelie Lindgren on Oct 10, 2014
Love it! Thank you so much and I've received a lot of compliments already!
Behind roses and ruins, the love of fashion, vintage and handmade.
Hi ! My name is Camille, I'm the owner of roses & ruins and also a crazy cat lady who have a sweet tooth !
During my teenagehood, I have experimented all sort of fashion styles from the most casual to the most eccentric. After I lived in Japan for one year, I have come to the conclusion that there were absolutely no reason for me to limit myself while it's way more fun to create your own style.When I love a piece, I do not ask myself anymore if it fits my style, I make it do so !
roses & ruins started in 2011 with my frustration of leaving wonderful treasures behind me while I was hunting vintage for myself. Then my first success on Etsy have given enough confidence to start selling my own designs, my own style too.
From the early beginning of the adventure, Sime, my love, helps me a lot with the pictures and shipping, but also by making coffee just the way I like it ! He slowly becomes more involved in the creative part of roses & ruins. As a start, he has drawn the illustration we use on our cards.
Back in 2011 I would never have imagined that roses & ruins will become such an important part of my life and bring me so much happiness.
Since the first step of roses & ruins I'm learning tons of things everyday, I'm meeting wonderful people with a unique personnality and I feel so lucky to have people from all around the world supporting me.
Owner, Designer, Curator
The following policies should give you all the informations you need to know to purchase safely from roses & ruins so please, take a few time to read them carefully (even if, we know, it's long and boring...).
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
• We accept Paypal payments and credit card payments through Paypal.
You can pay through Paypal even if you do not have an account on their site.
In that case, select "I don't have a Paypal account" and you will be able to use your credit card to pay.
● - - - r e s e r v e s . h o l d s
• They are not available on items we made to order but, other items can be hold for you during 3 days and without any deposit requirement.
• roses & ruins keeps the right to refuse a reserve request.
• roses & ruins is located in Paris, France.
• Items are shipped 1 to 5 days after your purshase.
• In case of possible lost or damaged parcels we will do our best to help you solve the problem on a case by case basis.
• Shipping costs are high, we know it, but we do not make money on it. If you were overcharged of 1€ or more, we will gladly refund you the overage.
• Some of our items do not fit an enveloppe so we ship them in pre-used boxes. If you want a brand new box instead of a recycled one, please contact us prior to order so we can adjust the shipping rates of your order.
● - - - i n t e r n a t i o n a l . s h i p p i n g
• We use priority mails and add them a tracking & insurance sticker.
The insurance works on a weight basis and is not really high, but the tracking is still worth it.
• Delivery usually takes 5 to 10 business days for European Union and 10 to 25 days for other countries.
• When a parcel weight is more than 2kg we have to use Colissimo service. In that case delivery should take 4 business days to most countries (including U.S.A., Canada, Australia and Singapore) but, it may be a bit longer for other countries.
• Colissimo service can be available on request for all our items but, in most cases, it's not worth it considering the price.
• As a buyer you will be in charge of all VAT, import fees and taxes imposed by your country.
● - - - d o m e s t i c . s h i p p i n g
• We use "Lettre Max - prêts à poster" or Colissimo. Both include tracking and insurance that works on a weight basis.
• If you would like us to ship your item using "Colissimo recommandé" with signature at delivery, or to upgrade the insurance statuts, please contact us prior to order so we can adjust your shipping rates.
• In any cases, delivery should take 1 to 4 business days.
Refunds and Exchanges
• Most of our items are pre-loved and we do our best to provide you accurate descriptions of features and fault, estimation of the general condition and fit sizes, measurements and quality pictures of different sides to give you a good idea of what you are about to purchase. Therefore, all sales are considered final.
• We will review return request on a case by case basis.
If you are willing to request a return please remember that the sooner, the better.
● - - - r e f u n d s
• Returned items will be refunded after we were able to check them after receiving them in the exact same condition they were when we shipped them at first.
• If everything is fine with the item, we will refund you the item price or, give you a store credit worth the item price and the shipping charges that appear on your bill. The choice will be yours.
• Please note that return shipping charges are non-refundable, in any way.
• In case of lost parcels we will consider refund you 50% of the item cost or give you a store credit of 100% of the item cost. In both cases, shipping costs are non-refundable.
Additional policies and FAQs
• Please keep in mind that most vintage items are also pre-loved items and even a " New old stock " item sometimes present some imperfections due to its past storage conditions.
• They are not free of minor imperfections and most of the time, they are what is giving some unique personality, charm and style to the item.
• From great to fair condition, items are wearable and we believe something in their style make them desirable.
● - - - h o w . t o . c o n t a c t . u s ?
If you need to contact us feel free to send us a message here, on our facebook page or at rosesandruins[at]gmail.com
You can write us and be answered in the following languages :
• Français • English • Svenska •
You can also write us in the following languages, but we will probably answer you in English :
• Español • 日本語 •